Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/3/2002 6:21:13 PM EDT
There was an opportunity for some relevant discussion on the "niggardly" thread but I guess not. It just goes to show how strongly people here feel about these things. Its not racism, I believe. Without these types of things thrown in our faces even a racist might come around. These things are more divisive than anything. I honestly believe that woman on H&C was too stupid to know what she was actually doing. JMHO BP
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:25:36 PM EDT
I'd call the action of the moderator definitely not niggardly.z
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:28:22 PM EDT
Unreal. When will all the PC crap stop?
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:28:56 PM EDT
I think the mods are too niggardly about allowing us to express our thoughts and concerns.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:29:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:29:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:30:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2002 6:31:30 PM EDT by mattja]
I absolutely agree. I had a question, but I couldn't get it in before the quick trigger-fingered lock. My question is this. The word "niggardly" pre-dates the word "nigger" by at least 100 years. This being the case, why would Blacks want to take ownership of this word and secondly, why do they feel they have the right to take ownership of a word that has nothing to do with them? By taking ownership, I mean the belief that that word applies to their race.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:30:41 PM EDT
goddamn, try to joke around just a little and the thread gets locked.[V]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:31:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:33:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2002 6:35:27 PM EDT by Edward_Forrester]
It has not been locked yet.... and I think Mattja makes a valid point, if the word has no racial slurs inherent, meaning it was not based off of a racial slur, and even predates said racial slur, why is everyone acting like it is the worst word in the world? edited because I can not spell for shite today
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:44:28 PM EDT
It's Heebie-Jeebie time.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:48:15 PM EDT
About my thread that i assume was deleted. EAT MY SHORTS[NI]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:50:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/3/2002 6:51:16 PM EDT by Sweep]
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:54:54 PM EDT
SHTFman...You my friend, are an (pick insult) BP
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 6:59:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Paul: Relevant discussion on the word "niggardly"? Didn't see the thread but it sure sounds to me like an attempt to stir the pot, light the fire, troll, piss people off or whatever. If we're going to discuss words I recommend that we start with aardvark and work our way towards niggardly and other words in the dictionary. [whacko]
View Quote
This is what I thought when I read the thread. Someone tryin' to get folks all worked up. How about a thread on inbred southern folk? (just joshin') [:D] AB
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:29:07 PM EDT
Granted, some members will start a thread that’s barely within the board rules with the clear intention that it will quickly move outside the rules. They fool only themselves with their cleverness - invariably their thread gets locked and they squeal like stuck pigs (sound of small violin playing). However, I think this one started as a quite legitimate thread raising some valid points. Regardless, one opportunistic member seized the chance to make a racist remark - at which point [b]tatjana[/b] quite legitimately shut things down. IMHO [b]captainpooby[/b] can be correctly irritated at the thread being locked, but not with [b]tatjana[/b] doing it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 8:34:03 PM EDT
I think the red bottle is temporary and the blue bottle is permenant but you may want to check here: [url]http://www.loctite.com/[/url] Nothing to see here, carry on, carry on.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:25:14 AM EDT
As a mechanic in my previous life, I always wondered how come you CAN get the cap off the red Loctite bottle.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:28:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2002 6:29:04 AM EDT by SJSAMPLE]
Originally Posted By tatjana: I really wish people would use a little restraint in posts like that. PCness is painful, but we have to discuss it without slipping into [i]causticism[/i]. (That's my invented word for the day).
View Quote
That's a perfectly cromulent word. Your use of it embiggens us all.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:46:36 AM EDT
Its "embiggenates" you ilitaret dumbhed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 6:50:34 AM EDT
Originally Posted By magnum_99: I think the red bottle is temporary and the blue bottle is permenant but you may want to check here: [url]http://www.loctite.com/[/url]
View Quote
Actually, it is the other way around. [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 9:35:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DarkFuture:
Originally Posted By magnum_99: I think the red bottle is temporary and the blue bottle is permenant but you may want to check here: [url]http://www.loctite.com/[/url]
View Quote
Actually, it is the other way around. [url]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/url]
View Quote
If you mix the two does it become SEMI-permenant ? [;D]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 1:52:56 PM EDT
Must I solve all the world's problems single handedly? It's: EmbiggeRates Loctite isn't designed to lock PLASTIC. See also: why doesn't the acid eat thru the storage container?
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 2:08:55 PM EDT
OHC you are pretty smart fella. Maybe you can tell us how a thermos knows whether to keep the liquid hot OR cold. Lets see you get that one smartyhead. BP
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 3:44:44 PM EDT
IBTL! X 3
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:17:57 PM EDT
I'm confused. I thought "niggardly" meant "miserly" or "cheap", but given the above usages I think I might be wrong. So, what does it mean? I guess I could pull out a dictionary, but it is at least 3.5 feet away from me and I am just too lazy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:21:51 PM EDT
Seadweller, its a joke.
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 4:29:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By albob:
Originally Posted By Paul: Relevant discussion on the word "niggardly"? Didn't see the thread but it sure sounds to me like an attempt to stir the pot, light the fire, troll, piss people off or whatever. If we're going to discuss words I recommend that we start with aardvark and work our way towards niggardly and other words in the dictionary. [whacko]
View Quote
This is what I thought when I read the thread. Someone tryin' to get folks all worked up. How about a thread on inbred southern folk? (just joshin') [:D] AB
View Quote
albob, I am truly offended by your comment of "just Joshin". You see My name is Joshua and I feel socially raped for the use of my name like that... Please dont be offensive like that... I plead with you, use other names like Bobin or Ralphin, maybe Jerkin... Thank you Joshua [;D]
Top Top