Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 4:54:50 AM EDT
it was awesome.

but baloo would have destroyed the tiger 1v1, unless tigers are more dangerous than lions? i remember reading about romans having bears and lions fighting in the colosseum. generally, it didn't end well for lions.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:07:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the type of tiger and bear I guess.

A 700-800 Siberian Tiger? Bear is fucked. Tiger vs Sloth bear is not a situation I would want to be the bear in.

Just the weights:

Baloo= Sloth bear.......weight: Male up to 420lbs.
Bengal tiger weight: Male up to about 550lbs.

eta- this reminds me I need to make another tiger thread.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on the type of tiger and bear I guess.

A 700-800 Siberian Tiger? Bear is fucked. Tiger vs Sloth bear is not a situation I would want to be the bear in.

Just the weights:

Baloo= Sloth bear.......weight: Male up to 420lbs.
Bengal tiger weight: Male up to about 550lbs.

eta- this reminds me I need to make another tiger thread.
View Quote

in the movie he's definitely bigger than a 420 lb bear.  in the new version of the movie he's a portrayed as a himalayan brown bear, basically a grizzly. but then bagheera, the black panther, calls him a sloth bear. there's obviously a discrepancy there. that being the case, it makes a whole lot more sense why baloo was suddenly concerned when he found out the tiger was sher khan. when i was watching it, all i could think was baloo would fucking destroy that tiger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Tried to go see this last weekend, but it was sold out for the next 2 showings.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 5:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tried to go see this last weekend, but it was sold out for the next 2 showings.
View Quote

i was bringing an 8 year old who wanted to see it. i had no vested interest in it though. i was quite pleasantly surprised.

drive in's 2 for 1 deal though so we saw zootopia right after it. somehow he ended up liking that one better.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:17:56 AM EDT
[#5]
It was very well done.  Visually it was spectacular in 3D
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 6:40:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought it didn't look all that great from the trailers. But everyone says it's great, so I'm definitely going with my gf this week.

I've heard the CGI animals are the best ever made. People were saying they, at times, couldn't tell if they were CGI or real.

ETA: Tigers get fucking big, like 12 feet standing on their hind legs and almost 1000 lbs. With razer sharp claws and teeth. No bear is going to have an easy time with a healthy fully grown Tigers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:21:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I went and saw it. The Bear was referred to as a sloth bear . I thought it was well done . Wardawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top