Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 12:37:08 AM EDT
"Pussy" that is.  Specificly it's use as an insult.  I am finding it's use as a derogatory term more and more grating as of late.  I know it is meant as a reference to implicate some sort of weakness when used as a description of a man, but after watching my wife pump out two kids without medication, pain killers, etc, I am beginning to have serious doubts as to whether it is a proper connotation to use against someone.

Not to mention that in many cases, the person being called a "pussy" would just as likely be an inferior specimen of humanity no matter their sex.  

I am not one of the affirmative action types who believe that women can do anything that a Man can.  They have their possitive and negative attributes, and men have theirs.  Women deserve the same level of respect as any other person. I think that women deserve better than to have some wimp afflicted with a moniker implying that they are female genitalia, and that female gentalia are somehow inferior to male genitalia.  

Not to mention..I like pussy.  it is a good thing to me.  Most men spend a great deal of time trying to get it......{only to realize later that the whole package is of far greater value.}

If it is something I like, why would I use it as an insult?

Then there is also the whole issue of using a slang term like this to describe female anatomy, but one step at a time..

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:39:59 AM EDT
[#1]
So you wouldn't mind if I call you a dick then?

j/k
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:40:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I called myself a pussy about 5 times today, while playing golf.

If you can think of a better term to use when I make a "pussy" shot......let me know, I will start calling myself that.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:41:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
rant, blah, rant, blah......but after watching my wife pump out two kids without medication, pain killers, etc, rant,blah, rant, blah, rant ,blah.....

Dude, your wife has issues.  No offense, But Why in the hell would anyone wanna do that?  We know it's hard there is nothing to prove.  TAKE THE DAMN NEEDLE!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:41:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So you wouldn't mind if I call you a dick then?

j/k

I was expecting that...and a slew of "sand in the mangina" references.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:07:21 AM EDT
[#5]
For a second there I thought this was going to be another platypus thread.

I had the AGNTSA guy all ready and everything.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]
use "cunt" instead.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#7]
but todays world is turning into pussys. If the label fits why not.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Even if it also refers to genitalia, its connotation describes weak will, lack of strength, and cowardice. I would say it refers more to a "scaredy cat" than genitalia, but when I speak, I like to think of female genitalia anyways. I suppose it stays based on a cooter.

Brandy + posting = bad idea.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:15:30 AM EDT
[#9]
See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes, Chuck. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes, Chuck. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 1:15:37 AM EDT
[#10]
my last post made no sense, you get post 700 for me to tell you that. yay.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
rant, blah, rant, blah......but after watching my wife pump out two kids without medication, pain killers, etc, rant,blah, rant, blah, rant ,blah.....

Dude, your wife has issues.  No offense, But Why in the hell would anyone wanna do that?  We know it's hard there is nothing to prove.  TAKE THE DAMN NEEDLE!

Perhaps she didn't want her child doped up as it was being born.

There are many women who try to have a natural childbirth for fear of adverse effects of the epidural.

My hat goes off to these brave women.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:34:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, you know. . .  There are three kinds of people, pussies, dicks and assholes. . .
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:43:15 AM EDT
[#15]
You can only be offended by something that YOU let offend you. I have been called some pretty fucked up things. Does it bother me? Depends on who is saying it. If I do something dumb that pisses a friend off, then whatever I get called tends to sting. Some idiot I don't know calls me names, I could not care less.

It's like the word bitch. I have no problem with someone calling a woman a bitch (if she has earned it), but I hate when someone says "I'm gonna call the bitch and get me some pussy". That is crass and uncalled for. And if I ever meet the women these guys are talking about, I will introduce myself and say "and you must be the bitch". Because that's all I have ever heard so-and-so call you....

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
{only to realize later that the whole package is of far greater value.}

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Its nice to see someone appreciate we women.  I guess terms regardless of meaning are all realitive to the beholder.  When I hear the phrase "pussy" I think of a cat, not a part of my anatomy.  Bitch in my house is not a bad word and comes up in common conversation at least once a day.  My 6 year old has no idea that bitch can be a bad word.  [might have to work with him on that].

Patty
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#18]
yekimak wrote:

"Pussy" that is. Specificly it's use as an insult. I am finding it's use as a derogatory term......."

Stop acting like a Pussy.

Bags
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#19]
A question only a pussy would ask.
J/K
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My wife just called you a wimp.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:02:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But that's ok, I don't let people offend me with words lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good thing she didn't call him a wuss.. Then he would be 1/2 wimp and 1/2 pussy...

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cunt.  Pussy.  Twat.  Cooter.  Vagina.  I can keep going.

They're just letters put together, man.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Hummmmm.  Thats teh ghey.

I dont beleive in someting that bleeds for 7 days and doesnt die.

I guess being called a hermaphrodite would be the greatest compliment in the world....I mean just look at them...they have a pussy, dick, and ass!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Oh joy, another whining about words thread.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Damn how did this stay out of the Pit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top