Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:11:36 AM EDT
What do you know about it and what is your opinion on it? I am not sure if it is a law, I know it was an amendment and the President supported it but I really haven't heard much esle about it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
tag

Never heard of it.   What was it regarding?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, as far as I know it is for restoring the rights convicted (first time felons) who have displayed that they are ready to be productive in society. I would give them the right to vote and such rights as they lost being a felon. Since the majority of felons are drug offenders and not violent criminals. I think that is how it is going to work. I am going to google search for more info.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:00:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Some states already do that.  They will restore voting rights (not firearms rights) to people convicted of non violent felonies after their term and probationary period are over.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ok, as far as I know it is for restoring the rights convicted (first time felons) who have displayed that they are ready to be productive in society. I would give them the right to vote and such rights as they lost being a felon. Since the majority of felons are drug offenders and not violent criminals. I think that is how it is going to work. I am going to google search for more info.

Most states consider drug offenses violent offenses by the way.
In jersey and other commie places drug offenses are not eligible for expungement.
Even a minor drug offense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top