Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:55:44 PM EDT
I have been considering getting a CS grenade for awile.  Do any of you have experiance with these, I think it might be fun to play with or for SHTF.

gunbroker auction
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
its pretty cool stuff. did the gas chamber in basic. it wasnt bad when you where in the chamber but it hit me hard when i got out into the fresh air. eyes started to water like crazy, and starded caughing, took about 5-10 min of walking around blinking till i could keep my eyes open. i would love to do it agian.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a video posted earlier today where a guy got beat t o hell by a larger person with a large crew with him.

First thought was to pull the pin on a CS grenade and get out.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I did the chamber a few times  as well, it clears the sinusus. But I am wondering about the use of the grenade for gags and SHTF
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I did the chamber a few times  as well, it clears the sinusus. But I am wondering about the use of the grenade for gags and SHTF

For gags?

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There was a video posted earlier today where a guy got beat t o hell by a larger person with a large crew with him.

First thought was to pull the pin on a CS grenade and get out.

I never thought of that.  That would be great to just toss it out the window, and haul ass rather than shoting evryone
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Your links broke
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
now its fixed
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Drop it in my living room if a burglar came in and escape out my bedroom window.  As soon as the bad guy came out (if he could find his way out) I'd find the biggest rock in my yard and pound his head in.

....or it would clear out an upscale bar pretty quickly
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:45:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Drop it in my living room if a burglar came in and escape out my bedroom window.  As soon as the bad guy came out of my burning house (if he could find his way out) I'd find the biggest rock in my yard and pound his head in after I called the fire department.

....or it would clear out an upscale bar pretty quickly

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#11]
They can be decent for SHTF as long as you dont throw it and have the cloud blow back on you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#12]
YMMV.  High concentrations and poor ventilation can kill people.  My regiment lost a few people in training accidents back in the 80s.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#13]
There was a good video on Full-Auto.com (now defunct) where Tim and Kilgore got one of their buddies with one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I love the stuff, works even better when its hot out and people are sweating.  I would rather pop a few of those into a crackhouse on a raid than use flashbangs, effect lasts longer and I feel it works better.  Of course not good if your target crackhouse is in a tight neighborhood or apartment complex.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:19:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42337475

that is to much for those, i found a web site ,i for got but i will look, that had them for 35 dollars, same maker and new production nades.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#16]
deathdealer1488  I just noticed your username covers the " 14 Words " and 88 - I would hope you arnt thinking about any racial mischief with your new Tear Gas.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:09:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
YMMV.  High concentrations and poor ventilation can kill people.  My regiment lost a few people in training accidents back in the 80s.  

Accidents? More than one?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Don't forget about Waco.
Most of the kids died of CS gas exposure.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Accidents? More than one?

I know of three incidents in the 80s, but at least one of those invovled a smoke grenade (where two people died), but I'm pretty sure the other two invovled tear gas.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have been considering getting a CS grenade for awile.  Do any of you have experiance with these, I think it might be fun to play with or for SHTF.

gunbroker auction

Dude, CS is NOT a toy....this shit can fuck you up.....those with asthma, sensitive skin, heart probs can get severely injured or  killed with it.....

as in WACO, under certain conditions CS can recombine with other chemicals and form deadly gasses......
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#21]
I dang sure wouldn't use it in my own house!  That stuff lingers.  We had an NCO who was tossing that stuff during an FTX one time and after he changed clothes to go home, he threw his dirty clothes, the ones with CS gas on them, into his car and hit the road.  He didn't make it far before he was pulled off the side of the road all teary eyed and hacking.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#22]
+1

Don't play with CS, its not a toy and it has side effects which include death.

Besides, using CS in a public domain has a high chance of you getting bagged as a terrorist, which will not be fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top