Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/18/2004 3:10:11 PM EST
I have been flying around the country for work now for about 5 years. and untill recently have had no problems getting onboard besides the normal security check. In the last year i have purchased about 6 new guns(ak, sks. mosin, mauser,ar-15, revolver, hi-point) after discovering the world of surplus arms. I have also bought several thousand round in surplus ammo 8mm, 7.62x54, and so on. I have flown out twice in three weeks and all of a sudden red flags are going up at the air port. They are calling local authorities and checking my background right over the f-ing phone. has happend 4 times in 3 weeks now and am getting pissed, I feel like i am being dicriminated against! are they watching me/us, and can they do that!hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:50:28 AM EST
The implications are beyond scary. Have you done anything at all different? Anything to get your name into Big Brothers computers besides a NICS check?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:52:39 AM EST
I am afraid to even post a reply to you.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:44:09 AM EST
absolutly not! i have been a law abiding citizen and avid hunter my whole life! not sure if they are tracking my credit card purchases of ammo or the yellow form you fill out when purchasing a gun? not happy! can NRA help with this matter?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:01:54 PM EST
Checked for bugs in your home or car?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:22:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By jpdogkiller:
I have been flying around the country for work now for about 5 years. and untill recently have had no problems getting onboard besides the normal security check. In the last year i have purchased about 6 new guns(ak, sks. mosin, mauser,ar-15, revolver, hi-point) after discovering the world of surplus arms. I have also bought several thousand round in surplus ammo 8mm, 7.62x54, and so on. I have flown out twice in three weeks and all of a sudden red flags are going up at the air port. They are calling local authorities and checking my background right over the f-ing phone. has happend 4 times in 3 weeks now and am getting pissed, I feel like i am being dicriminated against! are they watching me/us, and can they do that!hinking.gif

Try calling the TSA and ask them. Calmly explain what you have observed and ask for an explnation. Perhaps you share a name with someone on the do not fly list or one of their aliases. Its not like you will raise suspicion by asking them whats up.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/contactus

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:31:28 PM EST
I can't say what is going on with your situation, but I have done the same over the last couple of years (purchase-wise). Flown twice recently, and no flags, no nothing. FWIW.
Top Top