Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2005 11:34:28 AM EDT
pull into store parking lot see some skinny crack head like bum hitting people up for cash about 9:00 PM
the way he was doing it was pretty sneaky, car pulls up he comes from behind and gets real close asking for money (i think it was more of a intimidation tactic especially at night)

Im not saying i have great situational awareness but damn I saw a few sheep get suprised by this guy, talk about condition yellow

Guy tries the same shit with me but i am already facing the rear of the car, so i politely but in a firm voice tell him to "back off"  no problems there.

walk towards the store and he come up right behind some soccer mom getting ready to load her infant in the car and taps on her shoulder

I WAS SO FUCKING PISSED

she says no but he keeps bothering her for money,  I then tell the guy to leave the lady alone and get out of here.

Oh man boy did I get it from the lady, "you can't tell him what to do, you can't treat poor people like that"  well i thought I was trying to help.

I know if it was my GF i wouldn't want some shitbag sneaking up on her especially with a kid.

I am guessing she probably gave him money too.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL that sucks man, i agree some people just dont get it.  Something like that happened to me once when i tried to kick a shabby dude out of a restaurant i was working at, a yuppie was asking me why that person didn't have a right to have some food?  
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand the annoyance, but I have a hard time understanding "give freely to them that ask of you, seeking nothing in return" to mean anything other than what it says. I assume that it doesn't require me to give till I'm in a state of privation, but I think it does prohibit me from telling beggars to FOAD.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]
If you happen to live paycheck to paycheck,like 80% of america,you are already 2 paychecks away from being a begger.
Remember...Karma is a motherfucker.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
pull ...Im not saying i have great situational awareness but damn I saw a few sheep get suprised by this guy, talk about condition yellow

I think you mean 'Condition White' as in 'Head is completely up their 3rd point of contact'.  Condition yellow is you are aware of your surroundings.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If you happen to live paycheck to paycheck,like 80% of america,you are already 2 paychecks away from being a begger.

I don't believe in Karma and if I lose my paycheck I am gonna go find another paycheck.  I won't be startling people into giving me money.  

I will kick a buck to a guy who's down on his luck, but these aggressive pricks? Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Spare change?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Kick their ass!!!  These guys do it
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Karma??? Be responsible for your own actions. If they didn't hit the bottle, use the needle, snort  drugs, drop out of school etc then they wouldn't be in their situation. Don't come begging to me for money just b/c I've busted my ass in life to be where I am at today. I am not rich and I am far from it but I live reasonable well. I take responsibility for everything I have done in life. If you don't like where you are in life then deal with it....you put yourself there.

Flame suit on.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

a yuppie was asking me why that person didn't have a right to have some food?  

Cuz he's got no money and he stinks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:11:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Something like that happened to me once when i tried to kick a shabby dude out of a restaurant i was working at, a yuppie was asking me why that person didn't have a right to have some food?

I hate that attitude. Do you want to know why? Because someone had to pay for the food, pay for its storage, its preparation, pay for service, pay for bussing the table, pay for cleaning dishes and pay for the lost revenue if it is given away free...give me a break!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#12]
If you all would just agree to more 'income redistribution' these guys would have some money and they wouldn't need to trouble you anymore.  You think they enjoy asking for handouts???

All you have to do is work a little harder so they don't have to.  Jeezus, you cold hearted bastards have no sympathy.

*edited to add, I was being sarcastic, didn't want anyone to think I'm a whiney liberal like Virginia22 below...
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe in Karma and if I lose my paycheck I am gonna go find another paycheck.  I won't be startling people into giving me money.  

I will kick a buck to a guy who's down on his luck, but these aggressive pricks? Fuck 'em.

let you get hurt and have a few month off not able to get up, use up your savings and your plaace to live.maybe mom will let you move back in, or you'll wind up out there like them.

that could just as easily be you out there. met many a family man out there who thought " I can just get another paycheck" ain't that easy when you got no address, phone, shower or anything else we take for granted.

But naaaa, you're a tough guy who can just get another pay check even in that hip cast from the car wreck or back injury from whatever.
see how aggressive you become after a few days without food and a safe place to live.
dirty and hungrydoesn't mean not human and drug addled
Never say never.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:14:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I think you have to ask yourself this, WWJD?? He'd kick that commie tratior right in the ass and tell him to get a job!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#15]
sheep
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I was in Denver a few years ago and noticed a bum wearing brand new nikes.....Wasn't real sure what that was all about.

30 minutes later when his wife picked him up in the Cadillac I figured it out
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#17]
You did a good deed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

let you get hurt and have a few month off not able to get up, use up your savings and your plaace to live.maybe mom will let you move back in, or you'll wind up out there like them.

Some of use live RESPONSIBLY - I pay for disability insurance (long and short term) just in case of that kind of problem.  That is the RESPONSIBLE thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I usually give them something if they are polite in asking for it.

Sure, they might just spend it on booze, but maybe not and are just on real hard times.

Anyway, at least they ASK for it and don't try to steal it (or have the .gov steal it for them, like with welfare).
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

that could just as easily be you out there. met many a family man out there who thought " I can just get another paycheck" ain't that easy when you got no address, phone, shower or anything else we take for granted.

But naaaa, you're a tough guy who can just get another pay check even in that hip cast from the car wreck or back injury from whatever.
see how aggressive you become after a few days without food and a safe place to live.
Never say never.

Chris

dont most people have insurance if that happens?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#21]
We got plenty of them here, most dont work, just freeload and buy crack.  Normally begging goes along with thier welfare income.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:31:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Some of use live RESPONSIBLY - I pay for disability insurance (long and short term) just in case of that kind of problem.  That is the RESPONSIBLE thing to do.

not everyone can afford that option.
and there aren't but so many hours in a week for them already.

concider yourself lucky.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never say never.

Chris

dont most people have insurance if that happens?

with that question , I gotta ask, did you start out from scratch or did your family already not have a problem with funds?
perhaps a nice house in the burbs and new clothes for school and money to spend out with friends, movies and sleep overs and driving the new car after HS that they bought you for graduation??

I'm curious, knowing where I came from, we weren't "most people" as used in your instance.

not gonna slam you for it, but it would show a little better where your question came from I think.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Only the biggest of the scum will hassle a woman with a baby.  Most of them are smart enough or have enough humanity left to not do that.  Hell even in much of the 3rd world they will leave a mother and baby alone.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
concider yourself lucky.

Lucky?

I didn't win some freaking lotto.  I worked hard to get good grads, earned some scholorship money and joined the 'Guard' to help pay my college bills.  I worked there too to earn a degree.  Then I looked hard for a job.  I worked hard at my jobs and made money.  Sometimes poop happens and you get laid off (it's happened to me - call it a proffessional Hazard in the Technical Contracting industry).  But ya know if you work hard you'll find another job.

Luck is for Losers - winners WORK for their opportunities.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I saw some guy on Jackson with a sign that said "Need Money for Beer" or something to that effect. As I was driving by, I gave him the finger. He should earn his own damned beer money. I've got better things to buy...like ammo!
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Do you give bums money?  Not saying I do/don't, just wondering.  As for approaching a woman from behind, that is unacceptable, and I don't give a shit about his sob story.  

Never say never.

Chris

Don't try to pull on the heart strings.  People have options.  Maybe not good ones, but begging for money to buy a 40 is not the only one they got.

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Only the biggest of the scum will hassle a woman with a baby.  Most of them are smart enough or have enough humanity left to not do that.  Hell even in much of the 3rd world they will leave a mother and baby alone.

GunLvr

that I agree with. most wouldn't approach her.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:10:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Not trying to pick a fight here but how many excuses can someone spout out to reason why they should be able to have access to the taxes that are taken from your paycheck every month?  If you can not afford to put any money aside then you are living above your means.  This might be because of bad luck, in juries, or God's finger smiting someone - and I do feel sorry for those people - but at least 90% or more like it 99% of those people are either into drugs, alcohol, or are lazy and never applied themselves in school. Therefore they do not have any skills that are worthy of a decent pay.

In high school I knew a guy who was a great football player. He even showed me letters from major universities offering him scholarships if he pulled his grades up. I offered to help him in the subjects I could but he didn't want it. He said he didn't care. I would bet that he now is poor and worthless - where as if he had applied himself he could be filthy rich. Another guy in my high school applied himself, not in school necessarily (even though he was a good student) but to his sport and now he is a professional baseball player and lives very well and supports his family. Key to these stories - apply your damn self and stop making excuses. If you like making excuses just don't make them to me.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:16:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you give bums money?  Not saying I do/don't, just wondering.  As for approaching a woman from behind, that is unacceptable, and I don't give a shit about his sob story.  

yes, I usually try to give them food so they won't buy dope or alcohol with it

Never say never.

Chris

Don't try to pull on the heart strings.  People have options. such as? mugging people instead of asking ?  Maybe not good ones, but begging for money to buy a 40 is not the only one they got.

and again, not all are dope or drunk addled.of course after a while of having nothing and no address, phone, car etc to get a job, a 40 might be nice once and a while.wouldn't you agree?

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Never say never.

Chris

Sorry Pal, I'm not buying it.

Those folks that are truly down on their luck have contacted a shelter and and for the most part are being taken care of by local churches, govt or private organizations.  

99% of the people on the street looking for $ are there because they want to be, not because they are forced to be.  Most are looking for enough $ for the next bottle or rock.

That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Those folks that are truly down on their luck have contacted a shelter and and for the most part are being taken care of by local churches, govt or private organizations.  

99% of the people on the street looking for $ are there because they want to be, not because they are forced to be.  Most are looking for enough $ for the next bottle or rock.

+1
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#34]
A few months back, I offered an afternoon of paid work to a guy who isn't homeless, but lives on minimal welfare and Medicare payments due to a mild case of Turretts. He's fully capable of work and had asked for some paid for an afternoon. When we got to my place to move some firewood, he caused himself to vomit repeatedly (I saw him force his vomit),and then sat down telling me he was too sick to work and that his "corns were acting up". This is a guy who had bicycled several miles to get a free breakfast that morning,as well as free lunch from me and had asked me if I had any work for him. I found out later that he simply moves from place to place,sucking up charity till he's no longer welcome. He could hold any sort of low level blue collar job, but is too prideful and lazy to do so.
Bottomline, I only give to those who are sober and are willing to work for money. I'll give money to those I know who have held down jobs and are down on their luck. I'll give food to anyone who asks for it. But there are VERY FEW people among America's homeless/welfare population who are simply "down on their luck" and working to get their life back.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:33:02 PM EDT
[#35]
You've got an afternoon of work and a free lunch? I could use the money. Where do I sign?

Damn. You're in Virginia.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I forgot to add,

A Tennessean article last year said that a good bum can bring in $70,000 per year, tax free.  "Homeless Vet, Hungry, need help, desperate, God Bless" Seen em' standing on a bust traffic light corner or exit ramp?  I have in every big city and  they're not there because it's un-productive.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never say never.

Chris

speaking as one who spent some time out there at a very young age, that's not true at all for me.

wasn't by choice whatsoever.

I must have been that 1%.

Chris

Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Not trying to pick a fight here but how many excuses can someone spout out to reason why they should be able to have access to the taxes that are taken from your paycheck every month?  If you can not afford to put any money aside then you are living above your means.  This might be because of bad luck, in juries, or God's finger smiting someone - and I do feel sorry for those people - but at least 90% or more like it 99% of those people are either into drugs, alcohol, or are lazy and never applied themselves in school. Therefore they do not have any skills that are worthy of a decent pay.

In high school I knew a guy who was a great football player. He even showed me letters from major universities offering him scholarships if he pulled his grades up. I offered to help him in the subjects I could but he didn't want it. He said he didn't care. I would bet that he now is poor and worthless - where as if he had applied himself he could be filthy rich. Another guy in my high school applied himself, not in school necessarily (even though he was a good student) but to his sport and now he is a professional baseball player and lives very well and supports his family. Key to these stories - apply your damn self and stop making excuses. If you like making excuses just don't make them to me.

first off, can you show me 99% are into drugs or whatever? having spent time there, I'd guess 25% maybe.

secondly
well my HS wasn't like that at all. I had to work to live, school was a second option barely. I did pull myself up and I did it without and "tax payer" help.(HS grad and never failed a class , no A student of course. c-d average) seems most in here were those who couldn't wait to shit on the poor kid for their clothes or hair while showing off the new jeans or whatever mom and dad gifted them with for doing nothing. and to this day it's no skin off mosts teeth to do the same as they age.I can say I did it on my own, to those of you having been handed everything to help you on the way. stop for a second and think about those that didn't have the luck of that. those who had 2 choices. make it or break it. we can't all be "winners" . and I concider myself very lucky to not be out there with them. all it would have taken was to quit school so I could have worked more

barring that insurance, none of us are above winding up out there.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#39]
My standard reply to beggars now is; "Shut-up"
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
My standard reply to beggars now is; "Shut-up"

May you meet yourself one day.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#41]
I spent a couple years in Germany with my church--met lots of bums.  

There was one group of middle-eastern-looking guys who were obviously working together.  One of them would kneel on a blanket, hold a cup out, and make the most pitioful looking face I have ever seen.  About every 30 minutes a new guy would show up, the two of them would laugh and shoot the breeze for a while, then the new guy would take the place of the first one.  Went on like this all day, every day.  They were amazingly good at looking pitiful-like they were on the verge of crying; I imagine they made good money.

Talked to a crazy old bum in Heidelberg who sat on the street, drank his wine, and gave Nazi salutes with the occasional obscenity thrown in.  He said he made 100 Euros (~$100) on a BAD day.  I felt realy sorry for him...

In my expereince, most bums are bums as a result of thier own actions (usually drugs).  I just follow my gut feeling reagrding giving them money; I figure, even if they waste the moeny, I did what I felt I should.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Cry me a river. Go ahead.

Originally Posted By virginia22

first off, can you show me 99% are into drugs or whatever?

When you can't prove a point pick at stats. I pulled that number out of the air. I thought that was clear. But if not I have never seen one beggar who wanted to work. I have offered many and never had one take me up on it. I have had tons show up at a former church begging for handouts. They were given money and every Sunday there were 5 times as many. This church supported a homeless shelter that also offered financial assistance. We had to tell everyone to go there. Now I will correct myself. The shelter told us that once one person was sincere in their needs. So for that one person we probably told hundreds to go there..and by the way it was a few blocks away from the church. If they are too lazy to walk a couple of blocks for food/shelter/possible financial assistance with bills then they are LAZY and not truly in need.

well my HS wasn't like that at all. I had to work to live, school was a second option barely. I did pull myself up and I did it without and "tax payer" help.

Congradulations - and I really do mean that. I am proud of you for pulling yourself out of a hole without dragging others down. Good job. I mean that.

My HS wasn't rich. We were a rural school w/ about 500 to 600 students. Out of those about a dozen could be considered wealthy, and 1 rich. The rest were from working class families that had to work hard to get by - BUT - these were good people mostly that made sure that their kids did their homework and worked hard in school so they would make something of themselves in life and not be useless.

seems most in here were those who couldn't wait to shit on the poor kid for their clothes or hair while showing off the new jeans or whatever mom and dad gifted them with for doing nothing.

I can only speak for myself on this one since I do not speak for anyone else on this board. I never looked down on anyone for not having what I did. Both of my parents had to work to support our family. I never asked for much besides a loving family. My parents worked their butts off so that I could be comfortable. Both parents were poor, if not VERY poor growing up but they instilled in me a damn hard ass work ethic which I still have and will instill in my children. Those who look down on those with less (those with less who actually work hard) need to look in a mirror and examine themselves - BUT - those who don't have anything and don't want to work for anything need to stop sucking the life out of others and living off of charity.

and to this day it's no skin off mosts teeth to do the same as they age.I can say I did it on my own, to those of you having been handed everything to help you on the way. stop for a second and think about those that didn't have the luck of that.

Similar comment as above. I had assistance from my parents to make it through school but I gave more. I found scholarships to fund most of my schooling. I even secured a grant to pay in whole for a master's degree. I worked and still work my rear off for what I have.

those who had 2 choices. make it or break it. we can't all be "winners" . and I concider myself very lucky to not be out there with them. all it would have taken was to quit school so I could have worked more

Everyone can be a winner if they want to work hard. Those who don't want to work hard are losers. I hate people to speak about luck. You are lucky when you win the lottery. You are smart when you work hard to gain an upper hand.

barring that insurance, none of us are above winding up out there.

No one is above winding up in the poor house - BUT - I have a personal safety net. It is called a savings account which my hard work has allowed me to accumulate - it is called insurance which my hard work has allowed me to accumulate - it is called a work ethic which my parents instilled in me (and don't cry about people w/o worthy parents - they can and do do it on their own) - and I will never be above working 5 minimum wage jobs at once to make enough money to feed myself and my wife. I worked 5 jobs to get myself through college and I still have student loans but I made it thanks to my hard work.

In closing - QUIT MAKING EXCUSES! Get a grip and don't expect handouts. Work for what you want in life.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
we can't all be "winners" .

That's loser talk.

My paternal grandfather had a serious stroke when my Dad was in HS.  Dad worked 3rd shift at a factory to support the family (he had 4 siblings) then went to school.  Even when the school counselor advised him to quit and just go to work Dad didn't quit.   He instilled that same attitued with me and my brothers.

My wife grew up in a single parent home with a deaf mother.  She put herself through college as well by working and taking out loans.  Matter of fact when I met her she was working on her Masters..

One of my sister-in-laws left home at 17 - again she worked hard and managed to have decent places to stay, food to eat.  And oh yeah she managed to put herself through college.

I see a pattern - people with good attitudes and who work hard seem to do alright.  Everyone has setbacks, but its how you deal with them that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

speaking as one who spent some time out there at a very young age, that's not true at all for me.

Chris

I'll accept that you were the 1%and I should offer some congratulations to your legal guardian for seeing that you didn't perpetuate the problem.  

There are legitimate homeless, but they aren't panhandling for dough.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:49:59 PM EDT
[#45]
thank you OneMoreMag. Like I said. I feel lucky knowing where it could have wound up.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Wait... So I'm confused... Did you draw down on him?

No matter what the lady said, you did a good deed. She would have been singing a different tune if he had grabbed her purse, or some how was hurt, or God forbid, the kid got hurt. Have a beer on yourself.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
we can't all be "winners" .

That's loser talk.

My paternal grandfather had a serious stroke when my Dad was in HS.  Dad worked 3rd shift at a factory to support the family (he had 4 siblings) then went to school.  Even when the school counselor advised him to quit and just go to work Dad didn't quit.   He instilled that same attitued with me and my brothers.

My wife grew up in a single parent home with a deaf mother.  She put herself through college as well by working and taking out loans.  Matter of fact when I met her she was working on her Masters..

One of my sister-in-laws left home at 17 - again she worked hard and managed to have decent places to stay, food to eat.  And oh yeah she managed to put herself through college.

I see a pattern - people with good attitudes and who work hard seem to do alright.  Everyone has setbacks, but its how you deal with them that makes a difference.

not everyone out here is as strong and stable as we apparently were.mentally or for whatever reason.I won't stigmatize them for it. nor dismiss them  as "just lazy"

I do agree some are just lazy, but from my experiences. it was no where near the norn.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
concider yourself lucky.

Lucky?

I didn't win some freaking lotto.  I worked hard to get good grads, earned some scholorship money and joined the 'Guard' to help pay my college bills.  I worked there too to earn a degree.  Then I looked hard for a job.  I worked hard at my jobs and made money.  Sometimes poop happens and you get laid off (it's happened to me - call it a proffessional Hazard in the Technical Contracting industry).  But ya know if you work hard you'll find another job.

Luck is for Losers - winners WORK for their opportunities.

Mason: "Are you sure you're ready for this?"
Stan Goodspeed: "I'll do my best."
Mason: "You're best. Losers always wine about their best. Winners go home and f*** the prom queen!"
Stan Goodspeed: "Carla was the prom queen."
Mason: "Really?"
Stan Goodspeed: "Yeah!"
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Chris

I'll accept that you were the 1%and I should offer some congratulations to your legal guardian for seeing that you didn't perpetuate the problem.  

There are legitimate homeless, but they aren't panhandling for dough.

I can agree with that for the most part, pride is the very last thing you really have to lose.

My making it didn't have anything to do with my "legal guardian" though. I was on my own. could just as easily sold dope or turned into a criminal. I got lucky. it was hard work that got me out, but luck that set the path.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 3:16:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Screw those guys. I've been out of work for months and I'm not out there asking for a freakin handout. I'm  looking for jobs and selling some of my gear.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top