Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/27/2005 8:58:29 AM EDT
Want to look into changing my MOS, is there any good place to get the regulations or how I could go about doing this? If anyone would know here offhand, what is the minimum amount of retain ability you have to have, MOS specific? While re-classing can you get a guaranteed duty station put in?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2005 5:01:56 AM EDT by pbaeod]
You can volunteer for EOD if your not colorblind or allergic to explosives and have a GM line score of 105 or more. You need at least enough time left in service to finish school, don't worry it's ran by the Navy and there are no Drill Seargents. Then you will have to Re enlist for at least three years and you can go pretty much anywhere you want to. Talk to your local EOD shop if your intrested, chances are your career counseler won't know much about it
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:37:07 PM EDT
One thing it depends on is your current MOS, if you are in a critical or shorthanded MOS you probably won't be able to change. On retainability, you can basically figure the longer the training, the longer you have to have left in. Your best bet is to talk to your career counselor, they will (should) have all the info you need. EOD is the one exception I know of to this, if that is what you were thinking follow the advice pbaeod just posted and contact the closest EOD unit directly. I had a friend that wanted to reclass to that and he had to come out and pass some tests before they would even let him put the paperwork in.
Top Top