Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2006 5:14:43 PM EDT
What do you do with your CCW when you go to the john in a public restroom?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask the attendant to stand post with it out side the stall door.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, its a pain in the ass.

If the restroom is a single stall restroom (where you can lock the door), I just take the gun out of the holster and set it on the counter.  If there are other people in the restroom, I usually try to get in one of the shitters so I can put it in my pocket or take it out without anyone seeing me.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually take my 1911 out and point it around the stall, saying "BANG...BANG...BANG" while I go poop.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoulder holster.  Not a problem.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen this thread lots of times on various forums and you would be surprised how many people utilize the "BVD Hammock". When you're taking a dump, lay your gun in the crotch of your shorts, that way you won't ever forget it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]
take the safety off and twirl it on my finger
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The firearm(s) goes into my suit jacket which is hung on the back of the door.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't go #2 in public stalls.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Stall. Toilet paper rack.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:20:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have seen this thread lots of times on various forums and you would be surprised how many people utilize the "BVD Hammock". When you're taking a dump, lay your gun in the crotch of your shorts, that way you won't ever forget it.

Bingo.
Apparently guys leave their weapons on the shit paper dispenser all the time. Lay it in your pants between your legs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine stays clipped in my waiste band, if not I set it on the pisser in front of me where I can grab it without anyone seeing it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't use public restrooms...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I usually take my 1911 Glock out and point it around the stall, saying "BANG...BANG...BANG" while I go poop.

same here, mostly.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I aim it so i don't get mah shoes wet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#15]
What about when you use the urinal?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#16]
+1 for the "BVD hammock". I didn't know there was a term for it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I never do that. A friend of mine had his snow jacket stolen this way. Apparantly you could see the hood from the otherside.
Asshole is long gone by the time you pinch it and get your pants up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So when the thief reaches over and steals your jacket, he gets the gun too?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Uh, unzip and pee
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.
Apparently guys leave their weapons on the shit paper dispenser all the time. Lay it in your pants between your legs.

+ 1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, unzip and pee

But what if you're carrying in your waistband?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, unzip and pee

But what if you're carrying in your waistband?

if your talking mexican carry, I never do that.
I don't have a holster that interferes with any "functions"
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:26:44 PM EDT
[#24]
If you are going number 2 and have a kydex holster, keep your legs spread pressing against your ankle-shin area of your leg, so it doesnt  tip over make  your gun fall out.

Thats what I do. At a urinal, you shouldnt have to mess with it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#25]
i have never had a problem with it
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:28:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If you are going number 2 and have a kydex holster, keep your legs spread pressing against your ankle-shin area of your leg, so it doesnt  tip over make  your gun fall out.

Any holster that has a gun fall out while inverted is a bad holster. Get something else.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:28:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Sock gun or belly band.  Not an issue.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#28]
My IWB is posistioned below my waistband and stays in the holster.

Two weeks ago, I was trying out a hi-carry and forgot. What a disaster! The gun fell out of the holster to the floor and the magazine popped out of the gun.

I will have to remember that BVD hammock trick. Especially since most public johns don't have tanks to put the gun on.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So when the thief reaches over and steals your jacket, he gets the gun too?

I can understand your query but, do consider the direction in which I will have my attention. Yes, boys and girls (those over 35) straight a head, towards my jacket. Oh, perhaps I should mention, beside the two MK 23's on my waist, I carry a CT on my ankle. So, give'r hell!

I may be old but, not as feeble as some may believe.

ETA II: I was abused by my wife for my outburst of other womenz in the 35 YO range...

ETA: My typonese is terrible this evening...
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

No kidding.  Homefield advantage.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Alright, I need a holster recommendation for a SIG P229. I usually untuck my shirt or wear a sweatshirt - so I'm not sure if they would help in your recommendation.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:32:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Alright, I need a recommendation for a SIG P229. I usually untuck my shirt or wear a sweatshirt - so I'm not sure if they would help in your recommendation.

I use a Galco minimalist with hammer strap. Helps holds the gun in place.
IWB would be your best bet to conceal it with the least amount of clothing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

+1
Also, if someone tries to get the drop on you in the stall, it is pretty handy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any holster that has a gun fall out while inverted is a bad holster. Get something else.

Agree.

I do what dsg2003 suggests above just to keep things right side up and then I invert my boxer/briefs over the grip of my sig which "secures" the pistol.   I carry a 229 in a VM2 and it works fine.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#35]
My Walther is in my Pocket.

HH
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#36]
I leave my .50ae Desert eagle on the toilet paper rack.  Just make sure its stable first.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its a CTAC for glock most of the time...they dont have thumb breaks. I could tighten the hex nuts a little bit though.

ETA tightened it up and locktited. Seems a little harder to fall out now, kinda gotta wack it while it is upside down.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:05:27 PM EDT
[#38]
I carry at about 8 o'clock and don't need to remove it when I use a urinal. If I use a stall, I still leave it in the holster.

But for the most part, I don't go to restaurants where they don't serve alcohol very often, so it usually has to sit in the glovebox.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I leave my .50ae Desert eagle on the toilet paper rack.  Just make sure its stable first.

A 'sling' serves the same purpose!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:12:23 PM EDT
[#40]
I usually leave it hangin on the back of the stall door or on the top o' the tank.
Anybody that finds it usually turns it back in and everythings OK at that point.

.....wait a minute...[/quijanos having a revalation].....I'm not a JBT so the above doesn't apply to me.
I hang on to it with my life!! as leaving it anywhere would mean 20 violations of the Patriot Act, being charged with 'planting a weapon' or 'endangering the public', and/or 'irresponsible behavior' which would likely render me right outta my CHL.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Inside the pants in the crotch. If you forget to replace it in the holster and whip your pants up, have a cell phone ready for 911. I don't think "Big Jim and the twins" will react well to being slugged by a 42oz gun.

Alright, I need a holster recommendation for a SIG P229. I usually untuck my shirt or wear a sweatshirt - so I'm not sure if they would help in your recommendation.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Works for me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:19:11 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Inside the pants in the crotch. If you forget to replace it in the holster and whip your pants up, have a cell phone ready for 911. I don't think "Big Jim and the twins" will react well to being slugged by a 42oz gun.

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/vanilla_gorilla911/VM-2_button.jpg

what brand holster are those?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:23:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't shit in a public rest room.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i17.photobucket.com/albums/b53/vanilla_gorilla911/VM-2_button.jpg

what brand holster are those?

Milt Sparks Versa Max II  I picked up my second one today.

Sparks has a 14-18 week backorder right now, (so I'm told) so hit these people up Lightning Arms. Ordered Monday, picked it up at the post office today.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
What do you do with your CCW when you go to the john in a public restroom?

Depends on how I am carrying.  If I am carrying IWB, I take off the holstered gun and set it inside my pants.  If I am carrying in a fanny pack, I hang it on the coat rack.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I just throw toilet seat condom papers all over the floor, step on it, and let my holster flop on the floor.....then use my foot to throw it in the toilet, and run out.......before i clog anything, but most public toilets suck in anything.  IMHO
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I don't shit in a public rest room.

+1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+2
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Yossarian,  What do you do when you have a "Turtle Head" showing?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top