Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2006 4:19:42 PM EDT
Hi I'am new here,an this has probley been ask over an over ,but Iam gone to ask any way.What are the reviews of the Olympic arms AR
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine runs dirty or clean on everything from XM-193 to Wolf.  One FTE in ~1500 rounds, no other malfs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a lick of trouble out of my SGW stamped lower...
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.  The only problems that I've had with it is that the muzzle brake came loose and was "diverting" my shots. Took it off and it went back to very small groups for a 16" barrel. The gas block on the bolt wasn't staked at the factory and came loose. I tightened the allen screws and staked the heads tight.  No problems.  It has had at least 4000 rounds go through the pipe and those are the only malfunctions.

I did melt the sling to the barrel at a shoot once.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My Olympic Arms rifles have functioned flawlessly.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:05:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My new to me Oly works like a gharm with wolf.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:11:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a couple of Oly forged lowers, built into rifles with a variety of parts.

They work good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:12:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My new to me Oly works like a gharm with wolf.

Mine ferks klike a fliff with dloof.
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a plinker that works fine...fit and finish is meh, but otherwise it functions fine. Good beater, loaner, etc. About 1200 rounds through it so far, the only malf was when I didn't install a collapsible stock correctly, and the buffer retaining pin came loose and lodged itself in the FCG.

Link Posted: 8/23/2006 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an Oly and never had any problems with it.  I also like the loenbrau versus a snake or pony.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top