Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/1/2005 12:47:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 12:54:37 PM EDT by roboman]
note to self: don't post stupid questions.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:49:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 12:49:18 PM EDT by mjohn3006]
um. I think there is a bunch of people and stuff there and a bunch more on the way.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:49:41 PM EDT
Maybe you have missed the air traffic and the ships and the trucks that are all .mil

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:50:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
um. I think there is a bunch of people and stuff there and a bunch more on the way.

And yet there's 60,000 people sitting outside a sports stadium they were encouraged to run to, with gangs and looters everywhere.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:51:20 PM EDT
I was saying the same thing earlier and my topic got locked due to racism.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:51:36 PM EDT
dude the military is, MY co-worker is inthe marine corp and was told to report 0600 this am for NO duty. so shut the fuck up asshole
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:52:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AROKIE:
dude the military is, MY co-worker is inthe marine corp and was told to report 0600 this am for NO duty. so shut the fuck up asshole

ESAD,
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:52:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By roboman:

And yet there's 60,000 people sitting outside a sports stadium they were encouraged to run to, with gangs and looters everywhere.

Evidently you don't know how hard it is to move that many people? And they were not the #1 priority.
It takes time, that's all.

Larry
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:53:09 PM EDT
People who make statements like this don't have a clue.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:53:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

I just get frustrated seeing a city in ruins and people dying.....rational thinking took a back seat I guess....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:53:54 PM EDT

Great, it only took four days to get the orders.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:53:56 PM EDT

and if those 60,000 people would be orderly, wait in line and not push and shove, and certainly not shoot at the helicopters and National Guard troops, they would have been out of there by now... but no, because of the thugs, they had to delay getting people out so they could put a stop to the shooting of the rescuers that was going on. Why don't you try listening to the scanners and stop listening to the news.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:54:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 12:59:32 PM EDT by mjohn3006]

Drive down there and pick them up then.

1 SUV should do it.

ETA um lets see.
50 people per bus

60,000 people

lets see. 1200 busses. and gas for them.
be there in 5 minutes.

ETAA How about a subway from NO to Houston? The ground is soft from the water. Should have it buildt in about 2 days.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:54:51 PM EDT
It is a terrible and DIFFICULT situation for everybody involved. This includes the government......from city officials, police, up to the military and Bush himself.

Help is coming.....I understand the frustration, but it's just a hard situation.

And yes they need to be doing everything they can as fast as they can....but until I see some evidence that they are purposely not doing anything, I'm going to keep up my support.

Just my $0.02
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:56:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

I just get frustrated seeing a city in ruins and people dying.....rational thinking took a back seat I guess....

Use your brain next time instead of your heart.

Help is there and more is one the way. It takes time.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:57:54 PM EDT

Those people would most likely be dead if they had not gone to the dome.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:59:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By John40mm:

Hey, new guy, flush out your head gear...

IT ISN"T THE JOB OF THE MILITARY TO BE AID WORKERS....they need to be given orders to do it. Those sort of orders and the red tape BS take a little time, its only been 3.5 days since it hit.

You ever been in the military? They don't do shit fast.....

Once mobilized there they will do their jobs, and do them with excellence...as is standard with our military....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:02:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 1:03:41 PM EDT by ZitiForBreakfast]

What are you doing to help? Except coming here too start crap. Man up, and go if you got such problems.

2nd thread now.

JaneFonda40mm, that's your new nick.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:02:51 PM EDT
Hey, new guy.......

I see you were a member since.........Feb 05. OK
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:04:10 PM EDT

Hey, new guy.......

I see you were a member since.........Feb 05. OK

Yeah, so, I've got twice as many posts as you...FOAD DUnger
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:06:34 PM EDT
Maybe because I don't post:

ibtl

and every other one liner just to raise my post count.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:10:15 PM EDT

Maybe because I don't post:

ibtl

and every other one liner just to raise my post count.

Neither do I....
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:10:25 PM EDT
There are help on their way, it is all but three days. It takes time to look at the damages, marshal and collect the resources and send them on their way (It took months of preparation before we invade Iraq in both wars). Randomally dumping assistance and resources, on the surface, looks like the government is doing something, but actually acheive nothing and actually get in the way. It took more than a week to restore any peace in Los Angeles when we had our Rodney King riot.

Pre-positioning resources and man-power does not help since nobody knows where and how bad going to be, nesides it put all the resources and man-power at risk.

Yes, New Orleans is going to hell very fast, the BG are taking over, but my predicition is the civil unrest will be silenced by next week. Levee will be epaired ahead of time (just like the fires being put out early in GW-I). The power and water will then be restored soon after, then the discussion of bailing out the insurance companies, and will New Orleans be rebuilt or relocated.

Meanwhile, donate what you can afford, stop the whining and rants, and be prepare to offer more help, if necessary and when asked for.

Onw major lesson learned (NOLA, LA Riot, Cal earthquike), in case of major emergency (natural, man-made, or terrorist), it does take, the best, a few days before the government can response, and we need to be prepare to survive those few days. I am going home and check my MREs, heater packs, camping gear, water storage, batteries, flashlights, weapons and ammo.

Sorry for the long rant, I am getting tired of all these complaints of the lack of action, since actions are infact being taken.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:13:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2005 1:13:16 PM EDT by The_Beer_Slayer]
pa
Top Top