Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 7:58:42 PM EDT

ok, i bought an Ipod.  hooked up the software, and all the songs on my computer got put into the thing. sweet... but...

all the songs i downloaded from Limewire-  i cant get that folder to transfer into Itunes.  in the top of Itunes i click "add folder" then i click on the folder the Limewire songs are in, then when i click "ok" it says "one or more of the songs needs to be converted" etc etc and i click "convert"

and then it doesnt show anything new in the library??? even if i refresh the library part. and i can get it to transfer one song at a time, but that will take days... how do i send ALL the songs in the folder at once?

last question... once i DO add new songs onto Itunes, what do i have to do to add them to the Ipod? just plug it in with Itunes turned on?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate iTunes
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
i think you just plug in your ipod and open up the itunes program (if it isn't already) and it should auto dl them to the ipod.  unless  your itunes is set to manual dl then you'd have to click a button in one of the drop down boxes.

as for the converting and stuff i'm not sure.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
bump
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#4]
After it's converting them is it putting it in another folder maybe?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
After it's converting them is it putting it in another folder maybe?

well it doesnt show the songs im trying to transfer anywhere on itunes, and it still shows them in the other folder i tried to move them from.

i just want to know how to move ALL the songs at once ( the whole folder ) and not to have to do them one at a time ya know?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Click on "add file to library" instead of folder. Try highlighing a group of songs and adding to see if that works. If that works highlight rest.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I think its converting the songs and putting them in the Itunes folder. THen you need to add them to your library from there.... not the original limewire folder.

That's my guess.

Search for a particular song title and see if two pop up in different locations.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I hate iTunes as well.

My Ipod is about to become a very expensive target for my rifle.... Unless it starts working like it should.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Next time don't buy hype.

My .mp3 player is a hard drive. Plug in, dump songs, listen. Oh, and it plays ALL the formats. Did I mention it was half the price of an Ipod?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]

ok, i FINALLY got the Limewire downloaded songs file to transfer into the Itunes library.  it almost killed me to figure it out, having to try anything... i ended up having to transfer all the files one song at a time, making a new folder, then i could transfer it to Itunes.

so now, when i update the Itunes library, how do i upload those songs onto the Ipod itself each time? do i just plug the Ipod into the computer or is there something i need to click on to upload them?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:17:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

My .mp3 player is a hard drive. Plug in, dump songs, listen. Oh, and it plays ALL the formats. Did I mention it was half the price of an Ipod?

Keep telling yourself that. I used to say similiar things but after having both the iPODs are better.

I had a Creative Personal Media Center (videos and jpegs) from Best Buy. It was $499 minus 10% coupon and with a $250 mail in rebate. I know protable hard drives can take a crap at any moment and bought the replacement plan. Five months later it died hard. I go to Best Buy and only close is a 60 gig Video iPOD. I was out of pocket about $190 after the coupon and mail in rebate and got a $399 iPOD.

You do have to jump through more hoops and what not with the format but it kicks ass in size, weight, battery life, ergonomics, picture, and support like Itunes store.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:51:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep telling yourself that. I used to say similiar things but after having both the iPODs are better.

??? WTF are you talking about both?? It's not like there are Ipods and 1 competing product. There are thousands and thousands of .mp3 players, of all stripes and varieties, and of all qualities....and I've heard and used an Ipod (my sis has one) enough to know that it is NOTHING but hype. The interface is neat, and it sounds good, but that's its ONLY advantage. It's a Volkswagon Jetta, it's Starbucks, it's hemp-sandals and double-latte. It's $350 worth of $100 product.

My lowly .mp3 player will play all formats, has cheap replaceable rechargeable batteries (AAA's if I need to), is a mass-storage device, needs no proprietary software, has a built in AM/FM radio, records audio, stores more than a competing IPod for $100 less, and isn't a glowing target for pickpockets. Oh, and it sounds great.

The only thing I'll say for the Ipods is you can dance like a retard against a neon background and get away with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top