Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 7:15:36 PM EDT
is there a muzzle break that i can attach to my AK pistol to make it louder?
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Those flaming pigs do a good job, and they throw nice fireballs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 7:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
AMD65 brake is a cheap eardrum buster.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
for some reason i want to make this thing as loud as i can
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Get both.
Noise and Fire.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I put an AK-74 style brake on my Draco.  It is massively obnoxious.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
AMD brake will do.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:52:29 AM EDT
[#8]
The old ban era Armalite AR brake was brutal, as were the Bushmaster Y and Mini Y comps.  I bet you could get one rethreaded and cut for the AK.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:53:51 AM EDT
[#9]
This!  I have an AAC breakout on a 556 SBR that will make your ears bleed!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put an AK-74 style brake on my Draco.  It is massively obnoxious.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:57:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Where do you want the noise? To the front, sides or everywhere. The Noveske pig does a good job at mitigating noise to the rear and sides but seems to magnify it out the front. IIRC the old Clark muzzle brakes from the '80s were loud as fucking hell but did a good job at decreasing muzzle rise.

I'd try and find one of the old school muzzle brakes, before they had all this shit figured out. Most of these were concerned with muzzle rise and not noise. The newer ones seemed to have both factors mitigated to some extent. The BL is that your's is a unique and strange request. I don't think anyone has purposefully designed one to increase noise....that whole liability thing.

Edit:
This! I have an AAC breakout on a 556 SBR that will make your ears bleed!  
View Quote
I had forgotten about these! Yes, these seemed specifically designed to hurt your ears. I occasionally use one on my 7.5 and it's painful with double ears on. It makes my nose bleed! I actually stopped using this without a can because of the noise and rotate in a flaming pig when I shoot sans can.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Yea the mini Y or any STAG comp will knock ammo boxes and sand bags
off the bench next to you and make other shooters move far away.....
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:02:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I hear the Miculek brakes are pretty loud.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:15:09 AM EDT
[#13]
DeGroat flash enhancer.

http://www.armamentsales.com/enhancers.htm

Or the knockoff for one-fifth of the price.

http://www.keepshooting.com/firearm-accessories/ar-15-m-16-parts/ar-15-muzzle-attachments

The JP Recoil Eliminator is pretty nasty too.

http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.2_re.php
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:17:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Is this like a "fire two shots in the air" kind of thing?
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
DeGroat flash enhancer.
http://www.armamentsales.com/enhancers.htm

Or the knockoff for one-fifth of the price.
http://www.keepshooting.com/firearm-accessories/ar-15-m-16-parts/ar-15-muzzle-attachments

The JP Recoil Eliminator is pretty nasty too.
http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.2_re.php
View Quote

Damn....someone did design one!  America!
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:23:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Came here to post that.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I hope you enjoy screaming tinnitus in your ears 24/7 for the rest of your life!  

If your ears aren't as $^(@ as mine are you should thank God and take care of them, becuase once you ruin them you can't take it back.

You are being very very foolish.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:24:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
AMD65 brake is a cheap eardrum buster.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 5:27:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Could just tape some M80s to yer head if you want to go death, or just poke out your ear drums with q-tips.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 6:57:22 AM EDT
[#20]
For you or the people around you? You're not making it louder, just redirecting the sound.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#21]

I don't even want to think what it would be like with a 7.5"  Took a shot sans can with no muffs or plugs at a coyote and it was 24 hours before I felt normal again.  

I did get the coyote though...  

Quoted:
Where do you want the noise? To the front, sides or everywhere. The Noveske pig does a good job at mitigating noise to the rear and sides but seems to magnify it out the front. IIRC the old Clark muzzle brakes from the '80s were loud as fucking hell but did a good job at decreasing muzzle rise.

I'd try and find one of the old school muzzle brakes, before they had all this shit figured out. Most of these were concerned with muzzle rise and not noise. The newer ones seemed to have both factors mitigated to some extent. The BL is that your's is a unique and strange request. I don't think anyone has purposefully designed one to increase noise....that whole liability thing.

Edit:  I had forgotten about these! Yes, these seemed specifically designed to hurt your ears. I occasionally use one on my 7.5 and it's painful with double ears on. It makes my nose bleed! I actually stopped using this without a can because of the noise and rotate in a flaming pig when I shoot sans can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Edit:
This! I have an AAC breakout on a 556 SBR that will make your ears bleed!  
I had forgotten about these! Yes, these seemed specifically designed to hurt your ears. I occasionally use one on my 7.5 and it's painful with double ears on. It makes my nose bleed! I actually stopped using this without a can because of the noise and rotate in a flaming pig when I shoot sans can.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

not at all, it is for s&gs
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

trust me.... this one
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:47:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Loudener by Snake Hound Machine
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Some people's kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top