Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2006 8:13:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2006 8:15:25 PM EST by Morbid_Icon]
Many of the top guitar, bass, and drum tab sites are down due to a law suit that say's that it is stealing music, what the fuck
Icon

here
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:21:29 PM EST
This had happened a few times. I've been getting tabs online since my modem was a 2400bps dial up on a 486/25. They will be back might take a while, but they will be back.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:31:50 PM EST
It's another RIAA scheme to bleed people dry.

Let's face it folks-Tab/music books sales have NEVER been a big money maker for bands.

Sides, the tabs posted online are what someone how it is played. If it was taken from a book..that would be a ripoff.

Honestly, if I was in a band at that level, I would be stoked that someone took the time to figure out the song. Heck, I might even email them corrections!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:37:42 PM EST
Many have been down for months and months - possibly more. No action was taken, the publishers simply threatened a suit and most sites closed. I'm not sure what's open since I don't use them much, but it was the big thing there for awhile on all the guitar boards. I think 911tabs is still open. Some may want to fight this, and I hope they do. I know that association of music teachers, or something similar, is ready to fight this.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:57:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/2/2006 8:58:04 PM EST by BLY]
That is retarded.

In that case, why not shut off public access to the US P&T Office's records?
Stealing music is stealing music... Having instructions is not stealing the product.

Knowledge is knowledge until it is put into use.

I see no difference here.
Top Top