Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 4:59:58 PM EDT
,,,,super painful yanking sensation followed by a popping feeling with tremendous pain quickly followed by taking a knee followed by taking 40 mgs of oxycotin and awaiting the wife coming home from school...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
How long has it been since you got the stitches?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
8 days. i have 20+ external staples so im assuming i have a nice amount inside.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:04:49 PM EDT
[#3]
What did you have done?

(might want to have the local ambulance on standby... how close are you to an ER?)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not a doctor but I think one is in your near future.
I dont think 8 days is long enough for stitches to have worked.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
spinal fusion so i know no internal organs are screwed up,it would only be some mmuscle yankage
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Did ya call the Doc and ask what to do?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
,,,,super painful yanking sensation followed by a popping feeling with tremendous pain quickly followed by taking a knee followed by taking 40 mgs of oxycotin and awaiting the wife coming home from school...

Super painful yanking sensation? Dang, dude! Take it easy with that thing! Try some lube, or be a little more gentle next time.

j/k

Hope all is well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#8]
That'll teach you to date a  horse...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Lay down and relax and let the pain meds work.  If you did bust a stitch, they won't open you back up just to replace it.  I'm sure you have layer upon layer of stitching, and there's no way you could have ripped them all.  Be careful and God speed your recovery.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
im going with the lay back and suck it up advice. i am not going back to the hospital unless theres blood.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd get it checked out anyway - not worth it in the long run if something heals incorrectly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#12]
MEDIC!!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'd get it checked out anyway - not worth it in the long run if something heals incorrectly.

Exactly.  Dude, a screwup here could have lifelong implications.  You want major structural stuff to heal correctly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:19:05 AM EDT
[#14]
In all the fusions/laminectomies/discectomies I have assisted on, there is usually a very deep layer of sutures that serve to cover the paraspinous muscles/fascia  back over the spine, then a later just under then skin, then the staples.  The sutures we typically use take about 3-4 weeks to lose any significant strength, but after 8 days, the skin should be sealed & well on it's way to healing (we typically remove the external staples at about 2 weeks).  It wouldn't hurt to get checked out (esp. since the wound is ina place you can't easily insoect it w/o help, but they (as ISED8U stated), they wouldn't open you up unless you've torn the wound completely apart.  The wound will typically heal fine anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top