Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 6:49:44 PM EDT
I've been looking for a good eather 3-9X40 or 3-9X50 scope for my 30-06 weatherby. whats the difference in the two sizes and advantages. ive been looking at the nikon buckmaster, is that a good one to go with?
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nikon makes Top of the line scopes.

Personally, I’d buy American and go for Leupold scopes.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#2]
which leupold should i look into? im looking to spend around 200-300. i did not know much about scopes i just heard good things about nikon but i agree compleatly on buying American
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been looking for a good eather 3-9X40 or 3-9X50 scope for my 30-06 weatherby. whats the difference in the two sizes and advantages. ive been looking at the nikon buckmaster, is that a good one to go with?

Go for the 3-9x40, it's cheaper, is made in more models, and isn't as bulky. The only advantage to the 50mm one is it's supposed to have a slightly brighter image, but if you were to ask someone who owned both the 40mm and 50mm  they'd probaly say the difference is negligable.

As for what model to get the Nikon's aren't bad but they aren't a great deal either.  Since you said you are looking to spend 200-300 i'd either get a used Leupold or a Bushnell Elite 3200. Leupold glass is great, but expect to pay a good deal more for it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Based on your price range, I’d say one of Leupold’s VX-I or VX-II scopes.

www.leupold.com/products/Scope_Feature_Matrix.htm
www.leupold.com/products/scopes.asp

I’ve had a Vari-X, now called VX, in VX-II and VX-III.  The results of both scopes are beyond reproach.
If you’re on a budget, go VX-I.
A bit more money, VX-II.
And “For a Few Dollars More”, their VX-III.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The best scope in that price range in the Weaver Grand Slam.  They are $250 from riflescopes.com.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As for what model to get the Nikon's aren't bad but they aren't a great deal either.  Since you said you are looking to spend 200-300 i'd either get a used Leupold or a Bushnell Elite 3200. Leupold glass is great, but expect to pay a good deal more for it.

+1 on the Bushnell Elite 3200. I have one on my .308 Tikka and it is fantastic!. Hundreds of rounds and no problems with recoil shock. The sight picture is nice, clear, and bright. Plus I like the fact that it has a 1pc. titanium tube instead of the aluminum ones on most other brands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top