Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 1:31:20 PM EDT
Long story short, I was transporting 3 ar’s, a shotgun, and a pistol. Had to relocate some things because of work. So I get pulled over in an area that is an Indian reservation and after a couple tickets and a misdemeanor charge about my tag being expired too long they confiscate all my weapons telling me that they have to have them checked out by the FBI to see if they have been used in any crimes. Also say I have to show proof of owner ship before I can get them back.

Anyone know if this is legit or not and what I can do about it?

Also I have had some of these items for many years and the bill of sales are long gone, what can I do to prove ownership?
I don’t trust these guys at all and don’t know what I should do at this point.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
did you get a receipt? Anyhow, by this time you ought to know if you are getting screwed or not.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW, Now boys, that's what you truly call ORGANIZED crime.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Who pulled you over? Tribal Police? If so this could be sticky. They operate by their own rules as per Sovereign Nation status but the Feds generally do what they want on the Rez. I'd contact BATFE with the particulars and see what they have to say.

Wait! I'd contact the police agency who confiscated the firearms first. See what they have to say. Then if they are bitchy about it I'd contact the BATFE.

Keep us posted, this could be interesting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top