Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2004 10:35:37 AM EDT
Most are very very insecure about everything, compliments can be good but can be taking the wrong way if your like "Hey, you look really good"

College girl did a little presentation at work and I told her what a good job she did and how she is really good at presenting.  Man I think that scored me some big points, cause we struct up a big conversation.

Oh well too bad It was at work and I have a gf.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#1]
soul rending harridans all of them.  err...  uh...  wrong thread
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Most are very very insecure about everything, compliments can be good but can be taking the wrong way if your like "Hey, you look really good"

College girl did a little presentation at work and I told her what a good job she did and how she is really good at presenting.  Man I think that scored me some big points, cause we struct up a big conversation.

I had a good one yesterday, she stars asking me do these pants, and I cut her off at that and said, if I tell you what I think you'll just say I'm being nice or some other similar comment. And if I answer any other way, yer going to get mad at me. So it's a lose, lose situation for me, so I'm not saying nothing, other than I really don't care what yer wearing because no matter what, it always looks better on the floor.

But I got a good laugh out of her, but she still smacked me, my ass though, not accross the face as she called me a smartass.

Some guys never learn to aviod those questions, some do.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I had a good one yesterday, she stars asking me do these pants, and I cut her off at that and said, if I tell you what I think you'll just say I'm being nice or some other similar comment.  

Yeah Whats up with those stupid questions, if you say yes you get the Oh your just saying that and if you say No damn you are in for a shit storm of a lifetime. NO PIE!!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a good one yesterday, she stars asking me do these pants, and I cut her off at that and said, if I tell you what I think you'll just say I'm being nice or some other similar comment.  

Yeah Whats up with those stupid questions, if you say yes you get the Oh your just saying that and if you say No damn you are in for a shit storm of a lifetime. NO PIE!!!

Yup and they always start with do these (insert artical of clothing here)
I've gotten rather good at coming up with non standard, and non two or three letter word answers.
Once back in college I answered the do these pants make my ass look fat question with, I couldn't honestly tell you without seeing yer ass out of those pants. That ended up being one fun night.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#5]
"Do these pants make me look fat?"

"No- it's the fat that makes you look fat!"
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw a commercial the other day where a wife asked her husband if she looked fat in some pant or some such.

He said, "You bet!"

I think it was an ad for life insurance.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"Do these pants make me look fat?"

"No- it's the fat that makes you look fat!"

Who is Al Bundy?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I saw a commercial the other day where a wife asked her husband if she looked fat in some pant or some such.

He said, "You bet!"

Thats a great commercial!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]

compliments can be good but can be taking the wrong way if your like "Hey, you look really good"

Ya I know.

Some girls wanted to come with us guys to go hiking up a mountain and only one girl could keep up with us guys the whole way(she even outlasted some guys), and I said as nice and meaningful as I could  "Your pretty tough for a girl"  and she went off on me and called me a male chauvinist pig.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

compliments can be good but can be taking the wrong way if your like "Hey, you look really good"

Ya I know.

Some girls wanted to come with us guys to go hiking up a mountain and only one girl could keep up with us guys the whole way(she even outlasted some guys), and I said as nice and meaningful as I could  "Your pretty tough for a girl"  and she went off on me and called me a male chauvinist pig.

I've been called the same more than my fair share of times after making an unfortunate comment without thinking.  My normal response is to fold my arms and crinkle my brow in thought for a moment.  Then as if something has dawned on me exlcaim, "Yup!  Sure am!"

Either the poor woman's head will explode or they'll be stunned into silence.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

You must be really young or a slow learner
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You must be really young or a slow learner

well yeah I am pretty dumb, especially around those perty little wimmins.
I never would amagine how self conscious a really hot woman would be, its like damn your amazing, and they think they are fat, ugly stupid.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#14]
(From Sally Forth)

Ted, sensing a trick, decides to remain silent.

(When women ask you these trick questions, such as "Does this make me look fat?" or "What do you think, the green one or the blue one?", your best bet is to STFU.)
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Every post here is pretty true about most women.  Just thank God women never have to say "You're HUGE", "Best I ever Had!!", "It wasn't that quick" or "I love bald men".
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:20:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
soul rending harridans all of them.  err...  uh...  wrong thread

No....It's always the right thread for that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:43:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Me: "Hi there, what's your name?"

Karen: "Karen...what's yours?"

Me: "Steve."

Me:  "Soooo...whatcha doing tonight, Karen?"

Karen: "I'm not gonna sleep with you."

Me: "Whoa there...what gave you the idea I wanted to sleep with you?"

Karen: "Well...why NOT...what's wrong with me???"

Like I said...INSECURITY...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:22:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

He said, "You bet!"

She's in a dress. She's smuggling M & M's big time, and no she does not look fat in the dress.

She looks Phat!

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#20]
me: hello.

some woman:  aaaaaaaaaugh! get away from me!!!

me:  aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh!!! stop stapping me in the eyes!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top