Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 1:27:19 PM EDT
kinda upset they didnt introduce harrison fords charachter considerring teh major role he plays later!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I was kinda upset by the fact George's ego eclipsed his concept of making a good movie.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was kinda upset by the fact George's ego eclipsed his concept of making a good movie.  

I've heard that a couple of times, not a  half bad movie, a little too much dead time, but that didn't upset me.  Most movies just plain such nowadays.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:51:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Best of the prequels, not as good as the originals.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I dont think it was his ego that ruined the prequels, it was the people he worked with.  He was surrounded by "yes men" that agreed with anything he wanted to do.  Back in the original trilogy days, especially with A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, he was accountable to a movie studio, and they were within their right to tell him "this sucks, do it again"  George did not have that with the prequels, it was all him.

I think a little constructive criticism would have gone a long way in helping the prequels.  George may have thought Hayden Christensen did a great job acting, but that doesnt mean everyone else did.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont think it was his ego that ruined the prequels, it was the people he worked with.  He was surrounded by "yes men" that agreed with anything he wanted to do.  Back in the original trilogy days, especially with A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back, he was accountable to a movie studio, and they were within their right to tell him "this sucks, do it again"  George did not have that with the prequels, it was all him.

I think a little constructive criticism would have gone a long way in helping the prequels.  George may have thought Hayden Christensen did a great job acting, but that doesnt mean everyone else did.

+1,000,000

You nailed it. Rick McCallum (producer) is a kiss-ass yes-man and so is everybody else who hopes to keep a job at ILM. Lucas got a lot of help on Episode 4 and you can thank Irving Kirchner for how great Episode 5 was.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
kinda upset they didnt introduce harrison fords charachter considerring teh major role he plays later!

Han Solo would have been like 10 years old
I'm glad they left him out
now Qui Gon's ghost on the other hand, that should have been in there
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]
It still sucked, just not that bad.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah... that would have been seriously ghey if they did that.

They should have done Qui Gon's Ghost in 2 AND 3. 2 in the scene where Annakin slaughters the sand people... 3 at some point when he presents himself to Yoder.

I watched it again about a week ago... I'll never get past Hayden Christiansen's terrible acting abilities. The only redeeming thing about him in this one was he beared some resemblance to Marc Hamill.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:09:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'll never get past Hayden Christiansen's terrible acting abilities. The only redeeming thing about him in this one was he beared some resemblance to Marc Hamill.

+1 eerie likeness...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll never get past Hayden Christiansen's terrible acting abilities. The only redeeming thing about him in this one was he beared some resemblance to Marc Hamill.

+1 eerie likeness...

I don't see it:

I hated this movie more then the first two.  The original three wrere good.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I don't see it:

photos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051222/11/7/a/1/7a1bc18bd8c6a64eaa17ce9cfc8823f6200512220_full.jpgphotos.yafro.com/pics3/i/20051222/11/8/e/3/8e3b9e16b328f58cd3b52ce48c178a73200512220_full.jpg

I hated this movie more then the first two.  The original three wrere good.

Well for one... that picture of Annakin is from Episode II... I said Episode III is where he really starts looking like Luke (and in certain parts his voice even has a Luke-ishness to it).

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Well for one... that picture of Annakin is from Episode II... I said Episode III is where he really starts looking like Luke (and in certain parts his voice even has a Luke-ishness to it).

www.jedirio.com.br/news/luke_anakin_compara.jpg

Sorry, I didn't think it would matter nor did I have any idea what movie my pictures were from.  I just looked at the first ones from google

I still don't think they look the same
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I still don't think they look the same

Quoted: The only redeeming thing about him in this one was he beared some resemblance to Marc Hamill.

Well... I guess it doesn't matter. In some scenes Episode III Anakin looks kind of like Episode VI Luke.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#14]
I did kinda like Revenge of the Sith up until I saw Serenity which disillusioned me real quick.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:56:10 AM EDT
[#15]

In the first movie you had Alex Guiness saying, "No" to a lot of stuff and even forcing a script change so he wouldn't be playing an old fool anymore. Without him the first movie probably would have been the last.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:00:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
In the first movie you had Alex Guiness saying, "No" to a lot of stuff and even forcing a script change so he wouldn't be playing an old fool anymore. Without him the first movie probably would have been the last.

Back when Lucas was gambling with money he didn't even have to produce the movie. His power over the force at that point in his career was still wavering. Now, he is the master. Nobody is telling Lucas shit now... except for Samual L. Jackson, but that's bevause he's a bad jedi mother f*er.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same thing…

Surrounding yourself with sycophants is a symptom of ego inflation problems.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They should have done Qui Gon's Ghost in 2 AND 3. 2 in the scene where Annakin slaughters the sand people... 3 at some point when he presents himself to Yoder.

and have him watching obi wan from the distance as he delivered luke to beru
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:06:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
... the first movie probably would have been the last.

Despite my love for these movies as a kid, looking back often makes me wonder if this might have been for the better.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:01:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Wow. The resemblance is striking.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. The resemblance is striking.

I think you guys are seeing something that's not there. Hayden Bitchenson still looks like a little bitch. Mark Hamill looks like a man.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:12:27 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

and have him watching obi wan from the distance as he delivered luke to beru

You actually can hear Qui Gon yelling "Anakin, No!"  right before the sand people massacre.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:49:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
You actually can hear Qui Gon yelling "Anakin, No!"  right before the sand people massacre.

While Yoda is meditating, yes, you can hear "Anakin, Anakin" Which is cut from Episode I, when Qui Gon yells for Anakin to get down right before Darth Maul attacks on Tattoine. The "NOOOOO" is obviously NOT Liam Neeson's voice. IIRC it was originally scripted where he would be in it, but there were scheduling conflicts.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I hate to say this, I was a HUGE fan as a kid of the original trilogy.  Had tons of toys, member of the fan club, etc. but these 3 prequels actually were so bad, they ruined the first 3 for me.  I'm actually thinking how I'm going to get rid of all this star wars stuff I have!

I feel terrible and "guilty" almost but damn man, these movies really were horrible and completely failed to engage me emotionally at any level.  If you enjoyed them and they satisfied you, I envy you because I wish I felt the same way after watching them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I think you guys are seeing something that's not there. Hayden Bitchenson still looks like a little bitch. Mark Hamill looks like a man.

Huh? You mean the whiny "Oh come ooooon Uncle Owen, I want to go to the Imperial Academy. Pleeeese" angst filled teenager? Like father like son. They're both bitches. They just happen to have big lightsabers....figuratively.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Padme definitely has a "bad boy" fixation. If I were to massacre a  village full of Sand People, I'm pretty sure my wife would leave me.

Jango Fett and the Clone Troopers saved the movies for me.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Would you say the last 30 minutes is a bit too intense for a 7 year old star wars junkie?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:26:01 AM EDT
[#28]
We didn't take the kids to see the movie at the theater, we let them watch it on the small screen and it didn't phase them.

They spend most of their time watching the Clone Wars cartoons, though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:37:20 AM EDT
[#29]
I watched it last night.  The movie has the combined acting skill of a day time soap opera.  What's the point of all thse tiny droids hacking away at fighters in the battle scene at the beginning?  Other than to move a few more units of Made-in-China Star War merchandise.  And why did R2D2 have its speaker phone one when ObiWan and Annakin was talking to it in the elevator shaft?  It's a droid.  It doesn't need to hear its own transmission.

And how much did James Earl Jones get paid for that one Darth Vader line, or did they recycled that from previous sequels?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top