Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2002 11:19:29 PM EDT
Does anyone know if m18 smoke is legal in Kali?

Would like to get some but don't wanna do anything illegal.

thanks for the help

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting question.

I did a quick search of the Caliban Penal Code and couldn't find any indication that a smoke grenade, smoke bomb, smoke flare, etc. is illegal to manufacture or own.  If not specifically illegal, it must be legal even in Californistan.  (I am not a lawyer; that is my personal opinion.)

Areas in which you could get yourself into trouble with one are:

- Air pollution control laws.  Some localities prohibit the burning of your own leaf litter, trash, or even charcoal grills.

- PC section 623 (4) makes it a misdemeanor to "[Burn] any material which produces any smoke or gas which is harmful to any plant or animal found in any cave."

Some areas not unique to Californistan to consider:

- Smoke grenades have an obvious legitimate use as distress signals.  As with aerial flares, you can get into trouble for setting them off frivolously and someone like the Coast Guard or local lifeguards respond.

- If you start a fire with one, you've committed arson.

- If someone can claim that they were injured by the smoke or got burned by one, you can be sued.

I also couldn't find anyone on the 'Net who has them in stock, but didn't look very hard.  Do you have a source?

HTH
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't pretend to have an answer to your question, but I can't resist.

Isn't EVERYTHING illegal in Kalifornia???????

I truly sympathize with all you gunnuts out there.  I don't know how you guys can stand it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:11:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey kali kid

check your mail.

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#4]
biggun1,

hehehehe

Yeah, thats what I though, so I though I'd ask.

Kali kid is right, they are still legal.  Can you belive that.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well it's nice to know that you guys out in the Far West still have a few freedoms.

Thank God for small favors, right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#6]
biggun1,

We have a lot of water and boats and ships out here, so there is a need for distress signals.  You can even get 37 mm signal flare rounds and parachute flares, but nothing that goes KABOOM or produces irritating gas unless you're an LEO or a fisherman (they can get "seal bombs").  

And I believe 12 gauge bird-scare bombs are still available to ordinary folks.  There's a guy who works at the Miramar Landfill in San Diego whose job is to blow those off all day long to chase off seagulls.

akira,

Thanks, and back at you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top