BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 3 master race
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Picked mine up at UPS Friday morning. It was supposed to be ready at 7:30AM, but the genius employee responsible for bringing the packages to the Customer Center blew off work.

I love it so far.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I found a major issue.

DO NOT UPDATE TO 14.2

It seems to disable to your cellular service.

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/657108
View Quote

Updated to 14.2 Friday morning, zero issues.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DO NOT UPDATE TO 14.2

I updated my 11 last week.  No problems.  My 12 updated during setup.  No problems.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I updated my 11 last week.  No problems.  My 12 updated during setup.  No problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

DO NOT UPDATE TO 14.2

Same.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have been tinkering with the LiDAR scanner with this app.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/3d-scanner-app/id1419913995
View Quote

Can you scan your back yard or your house and take rough measurements?  Is there a limit to the distance the LiDAR scans?

I have not had a new phone for 5 years and this may be the feature that makes me update.  5g will be nice when it get here as well.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Like mine so far. Only weird thing is sometimes I’ll get a phone call and it doesn’t ring. All of a sudden I have a voicemail. Not sure if it’s a phone or Verizon issue.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Like mine so far. Only weird thing is sometimes I'll get a phone call and it doesn't ring. All of a sudden I have a voicemail. Not sure if it's a phone or Verizon issue.
View Quote

Check Settings -> Phone and review everything to make sure nothing is silencing any incoming calls.

Also check Do Not Disturb.  Swipe down from the top-right to open whatever that quick-access menu's called.  The crescent moon icon is the DND toggle.  Make sure it's off.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:01:04 PM EDT
[#9]
iPhone 6S checking in
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Check Settings -> Phone and review everything to make sure nothing is silencing any incoming calls.

Also check Do Not Disturb.  Swipe down from the top-right to open whatever that quick-access menu's called.  The crescent moon icon is the DND toggle.  Make sure it's off.
View Quote

I checked all that and it’s all right. I can call from my work phone and it rings. I’ve had a few people call though and nothing.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:05:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I checked all that and it’s all right. I can call from my work phone and it rings. I’ve had a few people call though and nothing.
View Quote

fwiw , my iphone X does this occasionally. not sure if its phone related or the verizon network.
mine doesn't do it enough to really bother me though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Pacific blue is the best 12 pro. Fight me!
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
iPhone 6S checking in
View Quote

6s+ checking in and can’t wait for the 12MaxPro
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I only have a refurbished Samsung that I bought for $40, but the money that I saved went into my ammo fort.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Like mine so far. Only weird thing is sometimes I'll get a phone call and it doesn't ring. All of a sudden I have a voicemail. Not sure if it's a phone or Verizon issue.
View Quote
That's a carrier issue.
If it all the sudden started happening and is pretty consistent (a majority of your calls do this)

reset your network settings, if that doesn't correct it, call your carrier.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an 11 Pro and love it.

I wish they'd make the 5.4" 12 in a Pro because I want a smaller phone but Pro level features. I think I will wait until the 13.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Picking mine up at UPS this afternoon.  I missed the delivery on Friday.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

fwiw , my iphone X does this occasionally. not sure if its phone related or the verizon network.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife and daughter have the same issue.  It's the same thing you're describing.  Callers go directly to voicemail, and no ring on the receiver's end.  A phone reset seems to work for a couple of hours, and then it starts again.  Verizon technical support told them it's an issue on their end with their network.  They haven't been able to provide a resolution.  It's bad enough that my wife is considering changing carriers.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Can you scan your back yard or your house and take rough measurements?  Is there a limit to the distance the LiDAR scans?

I have not had a new phone for 5 years and this may be the feature that makes me update.  5g will be nice when it get here as well.
View Quote
I think the measure app leverages the LiDAR sensor now as it's MUCH faster than it was on my 11Pro and will do what you describe quite well. The LiDAR sensor seems to have a range of about 20' or so from what limited use I have on it.

In the other app I posted you can walk around though while it's scanning and it builds that model around it.

I'm headed to Disney next week and expect to see my first 5G on the way there. Was hoping to see Ultra Wideband at Disney but the VZW map doesn't show it as up there yet, just the regular 5G.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Agreed!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed!
Yep. The only time the wife and I agreed on the same color.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:30:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Agreed!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed!

Ditto.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:33:33 PM EDT
[#25]

Dang. As a branding guy I always appreciated how much Apple cared about every aspect of their user experience. Every aspect of any interaction with them is crafted, curated, doted upon - all the way down to their packaging.

...but it looks like they are skimping way down on that initial unboxing experience. Strange new tack for them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Go on...
View All Quotes

My wife’s XS quit.  She wanted a 12Pro in gold.  This was all that was to be had locally and in stock.  She said she would get it, then I would take it when the pro gold was in hand....

She loves it, I doubt she hands it over.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#27]
The camera is amazing next to my XS Max
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Picked mine up Friday on my way home.  UPS tried to deliver during the day but I wasn't home and I ended up waiting an hour at the UPS hub for the driver to get back with it.

Aside from the increased size and cameras night mode, im not seeing a great deal of difference between this and the 10x. The camera though is well worth the upgrade alone.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Typing this on my brand new 12 mini. I love this phone. Back to true one handed usage. I’m sick of brick sized phones. I just wish Magpul would make their field cases again for these phones
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Getting the 12 Pro Max delivered tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Getting the 13 Pro Max delivered tomorrow
View Quote

What's the future like?

Link Posted: 11/16/2020 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
14.3 unleashes pro res for the camera. You'll be able to take pictures with a wider bit depth then professional cameras.
a whopping 25MB per photo worth of data that can be edited and manipulated.
View Quote

Cool! Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What's the future like?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the future like?

I won’t know until after tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What's the future like?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's the future like?

He just forgot to set his clock back an hour.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:10:59 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't name stuff but if I did:
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Was hoping to pick one up but my shepherd has cancer and we see his oncologist today to find out how long he has so probably gonna have to divert my fun phone money to radiation therapy or chemo for a few months for him.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:25:29 AM EDT
[#37]
What power cube are you buying for the Magsafe charger?

I bought a 18w one off of eBay, it works for the cord, but not the Magsafe.

Cheap ass Apple, can't provide a wall cube.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:31:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Was hoping to pick one up but my shepherd has cancer and we see his oncologist today to find out how long he has so probably gonna have to divert my fun phone money to radiation therapy or chemo for a few months for him.
View Quote

You're doing the right thing.  There will be other phones.  Hopefully, it's treatable.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What power cube are you buying for the Magsafe charger?

I bought a 18w one off of eBay, it works for the cord, but not the Magsafe.

Cheap ass Apple, can't provide a wall cube.
View Quote

Looks like you need the USB-C 20W Power Adapter.  Model A2305 is what I have.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:39:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Now to wait for a case and SIM.

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just picked mine up, I like it a lot.
View Quote

Did you and your boyfriend get matching colors?

ETA: Doesn't the Note 20 Ultra have a better screen, camera and battery? Yes its more expensive but this is ARFCOM...we can afford it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:48:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Thought about Pro Max but too big, can't handle a 2 hand phone again.  Got a graphite 12 Pro, honestly that that blown away upgrading from my 3 year old iphone X but Tmobile had 415 trade in so I went ahead and made the move.  It's nice having a battery that lasts more than 6 hrs again.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just got the 12 mini today. Upgraded from an X. Feels great to have small phone again.
View Quote

How much smaller is it than the X? I despise these damn huge phones. Can you post a pic side by side?
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How much smaller is it than the X? I despise these damn huge phones. Can you post a pic side by side?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just got the 12 mini today. Upgraded from an X. Feels great to have small phone again.

@bw77

Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

ETA: Doesn't the Note 20 Ultra have a better screen, camera and battery? Yes its more expensive but this is ARFCOM...we can afford it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just picked mine up, I like it a lot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#46]
I got the 12 pro max and it is less tall than my galaxy s20 ultra however it is slightly wider. The pro max is nearly the same size as my s10+ Which is a good size for me.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not all chargers produce the power they claim. And some of the ones that do, only produce peak power in bursts.
Why waiting for a SIM? the sim from your older iPhone should work (providing it's not a much older iPhone).
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 2:12:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not all chargers produce the power they claim. And some of the ones that do, only produce peak power in bursts.
Why waiting for a SIM? the sim from your older iPhone should work (providing it's not a much older iPhone).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there a better power adapter for the Magsafe chargers?  That's just the one that I bought for the phone, but it also came up as a recommended accessory for the MagSafe chargers.

With respect to the SIM, I'm still considering whether on not I'm going to keep my Xs active.  I may add a number, so I have another phone for business/backup.  Also, I'm not totally up on all the differences with SIMs and Verizon's network issues, but they wasted 20 hours of my wife's time over the course of 2 weeks getting different SIMs (4G vs 5G? Is that even a thing?), returning phones, activating/deactivating/rechecking stuff.  I'd like to make sure the new one is working properly before making it my daily.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Is there a better power adapter for the Magsafe chargers?  That's just the one that I bought for the phone, but it also came up as a recommended accessory for the MagSafe chargers.

With respect to the SIM, I'm still considering whether on not I'm going to keep my Xs active.  I may add a number, so I have another phone for business/backup.  Also, I'm not totally up on all the differences with SIMs and Verizon's network issues, but they wasted 20 hours of my wife's time over the course of 2 weeks getting different SIMs (4G vs 5G? Is that even a thing?), returning phones, activating/deactivating/rechecking stuff.  I'd like to make sure the new one is working properly before making it my daily.
View Quote
I'd recommend the Apple adapter (obviously) but Ankler makes a sold adapter as well as another company who's name I can't remember.

the general rule is, if you are going to use wireless charging (MagSafe or not) over shoot on the adapter (20 watts or higher) because the MagSafe is 15 watts.

when I got my production 12pro (from Verizon) it had a SIM card in it.
however.. you can remove the SIM card from your Xs and install it into the 12. 9 times out of 10 it works flawlessly.

that 1 out of 10 times, install the SIM card.. restore the phone using a computer (this re-runs the activation back through the carrier) and you'll be fine.
you can then move the SIM card between phones.

ETA: to answer your question, I'm not aware of any differences in the SIM card (4G vs 5G)
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#50]

Oh awesome. Thanks for sharing that!

Looks like the size of the 6. My favorite phone
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top