Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 9:21:31 AM EDT
Go to Itunes now and UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
For about half a second, I thought this was a Cisco thread.

Fucking Apple. They couldn't have picked a name that didn't already exist?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#2]
downloading as I type...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Cisco licensed the name to Apple iirc
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Cisco stole it from Apple before Apple thought of it. They think different.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
As usual, avoid it if you jailbreak.  Especially avoid it if you unlock.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Why the fuck does it take 30 minutes to download iOS from Itunes? I just hope it makes my 3G less aggravating.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:41:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As usual, avoid it if you jailbreak.  Especially avoid it if you unlock.

OTOH once the 4.1 jailbreak comes out, upgrade ASAP and get your SHSH key backed up, so you can reinstall 4.1 and re-jailbreak later.  I missed the boat on 4.0.1 on my ipod touch, apple will only sign as of yet unbreakable 4.0.2 keys now, so if I reinstall now I won't be able to jailbreak.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:48:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why the fuck does it take 30 minutes to download iOS from Itunes? I just hope it makes my 3G less aggravating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_GYZlO0FZk&feature=player_embedded
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck em'...I'm anxiously waiting for my budget to afford a Driod.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I update my iPhone OS, it takes about 3 weeks for me to get the damn thing back to normal. "RE-Jailbreak", re-install programs, re-install media (yes, it seems to dump all my songs, movies, iBooks, etc too...) AND MY FUQQING EMAIL QUITS EVERY DAMN TIME TOO!!! "Server Does Not Recognize This Address" which means having to talk to an AT&T service zombie for about half an hour while they re-install all my POP/SMTP information <and yes, it's the SAME damn info that is already on the phone...but for some reason they have to "delete" the original information and "re-install" the same damn info...>

I swear, I wish apple would just die already.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

EVERY SINGLE TIME I update my iPhone OS, it takes about 3 weeks for me to get the damn thing back to normal. "RE-Jailbreak", re-install programs, re-install media (yes, it seems to dump all my songs, movies, iBooks, etc too...) AND MY FUQQING EMAIL QUITS EVERY DAMN TIME TOO!!! "Server Does Not Recognize This Address" which means having to talk to an AT&T service zombie for about half an hour while they re-install all my POP/SMTP information <and yes, it's the SAME damn info that is already on the phone...but for some reason they have to "delete" the original information and "re-install" the same damn info...>

6 out of 10.  You could have done better.

Now that your done, you should wipe up your pussy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just finished upgrading my 3G. MUCH better. Not iphone 4 or ipad fast but a big improvement. Do it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#12]
So, do the bug fixes work?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:21:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You're doing it wrong.

Sync with itunes and use the app PkgBackup to backup your apps before upgrading.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just finished upgrading my 3G. MUCH better. Not iphone 4 or ipad fast but a big improvement. Do it.

Just finally finished downloading and installing. Not impressed so far but hopefully it will be better after a hard reboot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just finally finished downloading and installing. Not impressed so far but hopefully it will be better after a hard reboot.

Have you rebooted it yet?  It sure as hell seems to be much faster for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:48:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Waiting on a jailbreak.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, that means SOOO much coming from a newbie non-member.

Call me when you throw down for a membership, newb

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Aww dammit I touched the sides again.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love when new guys try to fit in by ribbing the people who have been here much longer. It's very humorous. It also usually ends in the offending party claiming to be a 50-year-old gunsmith with many years of military service who lurked here for 20 years but just now decided to sign up.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_GYZlO0FZk&feature=player_embedded

And THAT is some kind of improvement? The fuck.... what a damn joke. I would be up in fucking arms.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:11:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love when new guys try to fit in by ribbing the people who have been here much longer. It's very humorous. It also usually ends in the offending party claiming to be a 50-year-old gunsmith with many years of military service who lurked here for 20 years but just now decided to sign up.

Like that fucking matters to anybody but him and his followers.

Welcome to the internet.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey its a 40 yr old.. geezz get teh story right.. im not 50.. yet
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Waiting on a jailbreak.

yup
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:21:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting on a jailbreak.

yup

mmhmm...mywi is way to valuable during class
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Really?  IOS 4.1 and you thought it was a new Cisco release?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Guess I'll be downloading.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What, are you 12?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:45:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Hmm wondering if i should dowload the new o/s for my 3g? I hadnt done it because of all the slowness.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hmm wondering if i should dowload the new o/s for my 3g? I hadnt done it because of all the slowness.

This, my 3G is getting buggy as hell, so unless the update kills the phone it should be an improvement...

Downloading now...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If you are still on iOS 3.x.x then stick with that. If you are on 4.shit then it might be worth it.

It is slightly faster on most task but nowhere near what iOS 3 was and it seems to do that temporary freezing shit less. Slight improvement but not the fix they claim it is.

After rebooting the bastard twice seems to have helped. It is much faster than 4.0 and less jumpy/ buggy. Of course, I am using it as an Ipod touch instead of a Iphone now and can't tell if it fixed some of the problems I was having with it concerning phone calls
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No. That's why I said half second. You read "IOS" and think "Cisco", then it immediately occurs to you that the version is wrong, and the case is all wonky.

Sheesh.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

No. That's why I said half second. You read "IOS" and think "Cisco", then it immediately occurs to you that the version is wrong, and the case is all wonky.

Sheesh.

Yeah yeah, but in our world 500ms is an eternity.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Sheesh.

Winnnar! LMAO.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I have installed it, and the difference is night and day.  I am satisfy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheesh.

Touche.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Me too, but Cisco IOS is up to version 15 by now
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm still pissed that the superstitious fucks skipped right over 13.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Waiting on a jailbreak.

yup

mmhmm...mywi is way to valuable during class

Kentucky doesn't have WiFi service on campus? A&M had it in almost every building.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

That and what the hell happened to the 14's?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That and what the hell happened to the 14's?
Somebody at Cisco explained that one to me, and I forget what it was. I do remember the 13 being straight up superstition, though. Pissed me off.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#41]
http://www.intomobile.com/2010/09/08/apple-pushes-ios-4-1-update-iphone-dev-team-says-its-a-trap/

Hooray – Apple has blessed the iPhone the iOS 4.1 update today, via iTunes! That’s great news, seeing as how iOS 4.1 will endow your shiny iPhone 4 with new features, like Game Center, TV show rentals through iTunes, and support for iTunes Ping. But, before you run off to plug your iPhone into your computer and start the update process, we feel that we should warn all you jailbreak and unlock users out there – the iPhone Dev Team has posted a warning on their blog today that advises anyone with a jailbroken iPhone, or anyone running the ultrasn0w unlock utility on an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 against updating to the new iOS 4.1 update. iOS 4.1 kills the current jailbreak and unlock exploit for the foreseeable future. Or, as the iPhone Dev Team puts it, in the ever prescient words of Admiral Ackbar, “it’s a trap.”

For most of you out there, you’ll probably want to just go ahead and upgrade to the new iOS version. With it, you get Game Center, which allows you to automatically find other players online that are willing to go toe-to-toe with you in real-time multiplayer battles of gaming supremacy. You also get access to the iTunes TV show library and start renting your favorite shows for as little as 99 cents per episode and start watching them in mere minutes. And, you can enable support for iTunes Ping and allow you to keep you up to date on what everyone in the iTunes social network has in their music library. Oh, and let’s not forget that you can start taking HDR photos and upload videos in HD to YouTube and MobileMe. These are really cool new features that mostly outweigh the benefits of jailbreaking or unlocking your iPhone 4.

But, for the select few iPhone 4 users out there that are using their jailbroken iPhone 4 to use the WiFi hotspot feature that’s built into iOS 4 without having to sign up for AT&T’s new tiered data plans, you’ll want to hold off. Or, if you’re using your glass-and-steel Apple smartphone to travel outside your home country and you need to keep it unlocked, you’ll want to avoid this update. The Dev Team says that the new update will basically kill your jailbreak and update your baseband so as to render your ultrasn0w unlock useless:

Please stay away from this 4.1 release until a safe jailbreak procedure (which also preserves ultrasn0w) is developed and released.

But, for the overwhelming majority of you out there, you’ll be better off just trusting Apple and hitting the “update” button in iTunes. Seriously, if the words “jailbreak” and “unlock” are as important to you as the words “family planning” are to Bristol Palin, we suggest you go ahead and update to iOS 4.1. If those words mean something to you, then we suggest you heed the Dev Team’s warning.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top