Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/14/2011 8:35:02 AM EDT
Ive been using the same one for over a month and it still shaves good, usually when the pad is all worn off that when it needs replacement
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:37:38 AM EDT
[#1]
A week...
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I use a different one for each area I shave.

I have four razors.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Dependent how long i let my hair grow..Longer the hair the shorter it lasts.Usually 12-15 shavings..20 soething if I keep it short.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Somewhere around a month.  You have to dry it off when done to make it last.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:46:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't think I have ever used one.  I only shave a few times a week.  And yes my balls have dropped
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I get one shave out of any disposable razor I use.  My beard is that tough.  Thats is why I now use a safety razor and buy the razors in bulk.

I buy Personna razor blades in bulk which are made in the usa.   When bought in bulk they come out to 17 cents a blade.  I use one per day in my Merkur heavy duty long handled razor blade holder.

Best blades I have ever used. I learned of these blades from a person in Europe who said these Made in USA blades command a premium over any other blade. I have the type of beard that destroys razor blades. I can only use a Mach 3 razor blade once before having to throw it out. That is how tough my beard is. I switched to safety razors as a cheaper alternative since electric razors also irritate my face. It's the perfect storm, a tough beard and sensitive skin. Therefore I am very sensitive to how sharp any blade is. Before I used the Merkur titanium premium blades and thought they were okay. I tried these out on a persons recommendation. After more than a month of using these daily, and once after letting my beard grow for 4 days, I can say without a doubt these are the best blades I have ever used...

I have a friedn with a Mach 3 and he changes it maybe one every two months.  I wish I could that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont keep track so I am guessing a couple months.

I change it when I don't like the feel of the shave
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I use a different one for each area I shave.

I have four razors.

Face, weiner, and one for each nut?
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Couple months. I'm blonde and fair skinned, so I can get by with shaving once a week or so without looking like a bum.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#12]
A package of five (or is it six?) razors lasts me a couple of years.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#13]
I've never been able to use full disposable razors because they just don't seem very sharp.

Now, I'm able to get disposable cartridges to last up to 6 months if I dry them well after use.

It's not the cutting the dulls the blade, its the pitting from leaving them wet after you're done.

Usually shaking them works or dipping it in rubbing alcohol if you don't have time.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Three or four shaves, but I wait until I'm pretty neck-beardy between each time so my razors get a lot of abuse.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 8:57:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I change blades (Double-Edged razor) every 5 shaves even though I could squeek out another 2-3. After 5 shaves, my Feather blades dull to the point where I get irritation so I pitch them. At $.0.30 per blade I feel as I get my money's worth per blade.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 9:13:31 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I get one shave out of any disposable razor I use.  My beard is that tough.  Thats is why I now use a safety razor and buy the razors in bulk.
I buy Personna razor blades in bulk which are made in the usa.   When bought in bulk they come out to 17 cents a blade.  I use one per day in my Merkur heavy duty long handled razor blade holder.
Best blades I have ever used. I learned of these blades from a person in Europe who said these Made in USA blades command a premium over any other blade. I have the type of beard that destroys razor blades. I can only use a Mach 3 razor blade once before having to throw it out. That is how tough my beard is. I switched to safety razors as a cheaper alternative since electric razors also irritate my face. It's the perfect storm, a tough beard and sensitive skin. Therefore I am very sensitive to how sharp any blade is. Before I used the Merkur titanium premium blades and thought they were okay. I tried these out on a persons recommendation. After more than a month of using these daily, and once after letting my beard grow for 4 days, I can say without a doubt these are the best blades I have ever used...
I have a friedn with a Mach 3 and he changes it maybe one every two months.  I wish I could that.

Sounds like your meant to have a beard.

I get a 2-3 weeks out of a blade but I don't shave everyday anymore. I'll skip one or two workdays a week, and a day on the weekend. The visual difference from my 5 oclock shadow, and one day of growth isn't that great.  And my chin is fuzzy.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A week...

This.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I only shave once a week but after the second shave I toss it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I got a free Schick Hydro when I ordered some motorcycle parts several months ago.  I started using it in January and it's still shaving good on its original blade.

I do the dry off on a towel trick when done to make them last longer, but even doing that the Mach 3 blades I was using would only last a month or so.

If I don't dry them off afterward, I get about a week and a half out of them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I use mine until I can feel it pulling my facial hair out instead of cutting.  Usually about 2 months or so......
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 1:52:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you guys have girly faces or what?  

A mach 3 blade last me about 5 shaves.  I'll stretch it to seven if I'm feeling masochistic.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 1:53:22 PM EDT
[#23]
About 5 or so.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I use mine for months, shave 5-6 times a week sometimes more.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I use mine for months, shave 5-6 times a week sometimes more.

this..  

i thnk I have gone a YR on a 5 pack and still have some left..

dry them before you put them away  .

i dont know if that does anything.. but its working for me..

Mach3 blades
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do you guys have girly faces or what?  

A mach 3 blade last me about 5 shaves.  I'll stretch it to seven if I'm feeling masochistic.

No, I just have fine hair and my facial hair reflects that. I get nearly 2 months out of a cheap-o disposable razor and I shave every morning in the shower with no soap, cream or lotion, just water and the little strip on the razor.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:11:20 PM EDT
[#27]
My beard kills razors.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I get about 2-3 months out of one. I usually shave every other day.  When it gets dull I just scrape over my face extra times till it gets the job done.

I prefer after-market replacement blades. They start off a little duller but hold an edge longer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#29]
I spray mine with 91% rubbing alcohol when done, stay sharp forever
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Depends on the kind of razor and if I want to deal with a dull blade for a while.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Probably a month for me shaving 2-3 times a week. I use gillets womens razors, ive tried mach and they were meh, schicks design traps hair and is just terrible so now i just use what the womenz use and it works well so i havent tried any other brands i didnt know about drying the blades im gonna start doin that

Hey someone should nickel-boron or hard chrome a safety razor and see if its worth it, be cool to never have to buy another razor, im cheap
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I get about two weeks out of my fusion proglides; I shave everyday, if I have duty I end up having to shave twice a day that's how fast my facial hair grows.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Mine will last a month or so (DE blades for a safety razor), and that's shaving every 3 days or so.  More often than that, and my face gets all torn up and feels like someone hit it with an orbital sander.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#34]
A week or so out of the cheap ones.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#35]
One week. I shave Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. So 3 shaves. Course I use a safety razor, my blades cost something silly like 10 cents.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#36]
I use a Gillette Fusion and I replace the blade on the first of every month.  I shave my face five days a week and my entire skull at least three times a week.

Those cartridges aren't cheap, but at a usage rate of 1/month they're not very expensive in the long run.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I buy Personna razor blades in bulk which are made in the usa. When bought in bulk they come out to 17 cents a blade. I use one per day in my Merkur heavy duty long handled razor blade holder.

I typically get 2 shaves out of my Derby blades.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I use a Gillette Fusion and I replace the blade on the first of every month.  I shave my face five days a week and my entire skull at least three times a week.

Those cartridges aren't cheap, but at a usage rate of 1/month they're not very expensive in the long run.

Have you tried the Fusion Proglides yet?
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#39]
couple months.
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope.  Haven't tried the powered version either.

I still have four cartridges on hand, so it will be a while before I buy any more.

I try to find coupons and/or wait for them to be on sale.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#41]
You forgot the option: "I don't use disposable razors, I care about the quality of my shave".
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  Haven't tried the powered version either.

I still have four cartridges on hand, so it will be a while before I buy any more.

I try to find coupons and/or wait for them to be on sale.

Try eBay, blades are a lot cheaper there...
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/14/2011 5:29:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My go to setup is a Mekur Slant razor with Feather blades.

Link Posted: 4/14/2011 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Merkur HD with Feather blades. 6 baby-butt smooth shaves per blade at .50 cents each.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Merkur HD with Feather blades. 6 baby-butt smooth shaves per blade at .50 cents each.

People just dont realize that one high quality steel blade is FAR superior to 3,4,5,6 etc small low quality blades.
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Somewhere around a month.  You have to dry it off when done to make it last.

No shit?  That improves the lifespan that much?
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#48]
I've used the original Razor Saver for years and they let me use a blade for about one year.  (I use the old style safety razor most of the time, but do use multiple blade shavers now and then when I shave in the downstairs bathroom.)

But I have a beard........only shave my neck and upper cheeks.

But they work well on any type of blade in my experience........YMMV.

Pretty cheap though.........you guys might try one.

http://razorsaverusa.com/
Link Posted: 4/15/2011 3:37:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Mine last forever.
I bought a 10 pack back in HS in the 1970s.
It's probably still around here somewhere....

Link Posted: 4/15/2011 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mine last forever.
I bought a 10 pack back in HS in the 1970s.
It's probably still around here somewhere....

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k249/Dave2006_02/wetbeard2.jpg

Now THAT'S a beard!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top