Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 8:04:44 AM EDT
did they come door to door and take them or was it turn em in? did they kick down doors to get them. if you didnt turn em in?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:08:23 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:08:25 AM EDT
[#2]
ignore me I know nothing
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
how did everyone in cali get caught? did they just turn them in the ban or just wait for the door kicking? or does everyone own one and just not turn it it. im me if scared. what i want to know. can a state track that shit?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:45:12 AM EDT
[#4]
What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#5]
dude keep your kids off of arfcom, logging out seems to be a good remedy for this
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#7]
the california ban on semi auto weapons? ring a bell. ar15,ak47 shit like that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#9]
SB23 went into effect in 2000.  If you had an AR or AK type rifle you were suppossed to fill out a card with $25 to DOJ.

From what I have heard compliance was 10% and no one has ever been charged with a violation.

There are more ARs, AK's and guns in Cali than any other state I am willing to bet.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#10]
1. Gun dealers had to stop selling to the general public anything defined as an AW.

2. People who owned them already were required to register them.

3. A few people who registered during an extended registration period that ended in March 1992 IIRC were sent nasty letters after the courts decided the extention of the deadline was illegal.

4. Some owners of SKS rifles with detachable mags who registered them were subsequently told the rifles were illegal and could not be registered.

5. There have been no mass confiscations.  The people who were sent nasty letters by the DoJ for items 3 and 4 are probably not in danger of prosecution unless they get caught in the field with their illegally registered firearms.  The state would have a bad evidenciary problem since it told those people their registrations were valid and then reneged.

6. An unknown but certainly very large number of people who were supposed to register firearms didn't do so, either because they didn't hear about the requirement in time or they blew it off.

HTH
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
did they come door to door and take them or was it turn em in? did they kick down doors to get them. if you didnt turn em in?

Basically, you can't buy new ones in CA. And everyone kept theirs, most without registering. And there has been little effort to round them up. Basically, if you get caught with one while doing something stupid (as in, something to draw police attention to yourself) you get prosecuted.

For the most part, the police don't seem too keen to enforce this law. I carry my registration with my match AR to all the matches I attend, and haven't been asked to show it to anyone yet (granted, mostly I just shoot at one club . . .). For one thing, the law is kinda "fuzzy", I don't think most police are clear on what is banned and what isn't (based upon the Cops TV show and some news reports, it's clear some cops can't tell a legal SKS from a banned AK). Also, I know a number of cops who do not support the law, and would probably pace on enforcing it (i.e., enquiring about the legality of the rifle) if the owner is otherwise lawabiding. I don't know any cops that support the law, but I'm sure there are a few who do, particularly in the big cities . . .
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
SB23 went into effect in 2000.  If you had an AR or AK type rifle you were suppossed to fill out a card with $25 to DOJ.

From what I have heard compliance was 10% and no one has ever been charged with a violation.

There are more ARs, AK's and guns in Cali than any other state I am willing to bet.

SGatr15

A couple of guys north of LA had their pickup truck break down, and when the towtruck driver saw their rifles, he called the cops. The guys were arrested. Concealed, loaded handguns and banned rifles. Transporting or transferring banned rifles is a felony.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:02:15 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

A couple of guys north of LA had their pickup truck break down, and when the towtruck driver saw their rifles, he called the cops. The guys were arrested. Concealed, loaded handguns and banned rifles. Transporting or transferring banned rifles is a felony.

But were they CONVICTED?

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

idiots!   but what a cock sucker tow truck driver, did he tow the truck or just leave?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

SGatr15

yes also the biggest handgun market in the country.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What AWB?

Holly POOP! Look who's back

Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

But were they CONVICTED?

Sgatr15

The story I saw was linked from this site several months ago. I suspect they haven't gone to trial.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

idiots!   but what a cock sucker tow truck driver, did he tow the truck or just leave?

I think he just left.

A lot of sheeple freak out about guns. He saw some black rifles and probably thought they were "illegal machine guns", and that the owners were involved in crime (as in real crime, not just violating asinine gun laws). In reality, they were probably just out target shooting when their rig broke down.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

But were they CONVICTED?

Sgatr15

The story I saw was linked from this site several months ago. I suspect they haven't gone to trial.

Thursday, November 4, 2004

Two La Habra men arrested with large gun cache
By IAN MORRISON/Staff Writer

BARSTOW -- Barstow Sheriff's Station deputies arrested two men early Tuesday morning after they were allegedly found to be in possession of a cache of weapons, including two illegal assault rifles, officials said.

Andrew Dominguez, 22, and Ryan Kidwell, 21, both La Habra residents, were arrested on suspicion of possession of illegal assault rifles and concealed weapons after their car broke down on Hodge Road, a quarter mile west of Interstate 15, according to a Barstow Sheriff's Station report.

At 4:15 a.m., deputies were called out to assist a local towing company locate a disabled 2003 Ford truck off of I-15. Upon further investigation, deputies discovered two illegal assault rifles, an AK-47 and an AR-15, and magazines containing hundreds of rounds of ammunition. Dominguez and Kidwell were also allegedly found to have four handguns, two of which were concealed and loaded, Barstow Sheriff's Station Sgt. Doug Hubbard said.

Dominguez and Kidwell are being held at the Barstow Sheriff's Station for possession of illegal assault rifles and possession of concealed weapons under $15,000 bail each, according to the report.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#22]
just a question. that is all. i dont live in calf,just asking.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
---- i dont live in calf,---

Are you sure you are alife atoll?

No, truthfully they rounded up 10's of thousands of AR owners and  sent them to Manzanar.  The Jewish Controlled news media (sorry TJ) has stalled trying to decide to report the round-ups as a major win for the liberal left or to keep it quiet since they are afrayed the rest of us might here about it and flea .

Why what haff ewe herd happened?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:42:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top