Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2003 7:58:35 AM EDT
I am going to paint my 73 camaro this weekend,(haven't started yet but it will be done by monday!)

anyways right now I am using frezee Aeroplate, its really good paint and they can mix it any color you want so far I have painted quite a few of my older cars with it. Sure beats 100-200 dollar automotive paint+primer.

so does anyone got any good silver colors I am looking for a silver thats not to white kinda like what you see alot of the vettes in, maybe its called platnium??

or if anyone else has some good silver post a link by all means, I will also paint Z-28 stripes in black that should look badass.

thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd say yellow with black stripes.

Other than that, I dont have any links to silver.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'd say yellow with black stripes.

Other than that, I dont have any links to silver.

I have done yellow in the past and while it looks cool it attracts alot of attention, especially from cops!
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Paint it olive drab, with a NSN on the side:

Sportscar, Camaro, 73
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't there a really beautiful deep blue color?

Or was that for older camaro's?  My bro-in-law had a 69 camaro, I think - and it was nice.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#5]
When I lived in St. Louis during my hotrod phase, I occasionally saw a guy driving a 1969 (best year) Camaro that was:
Metal-flake white with blue metal-flake flames bordered in gold metal-flake. It may not sound like much, but, DAMN, that was an AWESOME paint job.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Paint it olive drab, with a NSN on the side:

Sportscar, Camaro, 73

HAHAHAHA!  actually, I like that idea.
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2003 9:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I always thought that Indigo Blue as a main color with Platinum stripes would look reaal good, they are both stock GM colors.
My Pickup has this on it it Indigo upper with Platinum lower

looks real sharp and at night it almost glows
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top