Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 12:48:45 PM EDT
hi.
i'm a college student.
i'm bored.
i've spent many hours reading through the general forum over the past few days..so much that my eyes now feel like they're going to explode.

I grew up (in Indiana) on 10 acres with lots of trees in the front and 4 acres of woods(connected to about 200 acres of woods) in my backyard, a decent sized creek(i'd say 20 feet accross), 3 dogs, chickens, cats, and LOTS of wildlife, and a clear sky(although not as clear as TN or western places).

I come here(Cedarville, Ohio) to college and now I can't do most of the stuff I like to do or use to be able to do.  I'm lucky if I can hear a bird singing in the morning, there hardly any insects or wildlife, the sky is not very clear so it's hard to go star-gazing, its illegal to have a firearm(state law), bow, or anything that has a projectile(campus rule), and i live in a 300-person dorm.  The kicker is that it's rural ohio.  Not by my standard though.  The things I have going for me is that I have a roomate from back home(best friends, but he's often busy with soccer), a bike, the fact that cedarville is a small town village, has a bike path(converted railroad), and that there is a state park(its a cool gorge) 5 miles away.

anyway...anyone have any tips for stuff to do? I really don't like speding alot of time on the computer because I feel like i've wasted my time when I'm done.

chicken
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
[foghorn leghorn]doncha' like girls boy![/foghorn leghorn]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
[foghorn leghorn]doncha' like girls boy![/foghorn leghorn]

lol yeah... haven't found a girlfriend yet though...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Bring your guns anyway, if you don't wanna store them on campus, rent a safety deposit box at the nearest bank and keep them there!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Bring your guns anyway, if you don't wanna store them on campus, rent a safety deposit box at the nearest bank and keep them there!

i'm also poor now thanks to the 19k tuition. (mostly paid for with loans)
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
What ever happened to drankin-n-fuckin...?

PS---Don't forget about hookers-n-blow!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Get in car.
Drive to C-Bus.
Get drunk.
Pick up chicks.
Repeat as needed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#7]
i forgot to mention I don't have a car, just my bike.  They don't allow freshman to have cars unless their over 21
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
i'd like to see the prints on the foam chair cushions where the bank tellers assholes puckered when you walk into a bank carrying your guns
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Jump over into the Ohio section of the Hometown forum and see if anyone is close to you.  If so, find out if you can go shooting with them or something.  

Or, you could heckle some sKerry supporters.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Must get PIE!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i forgot to mention I don't have a car, just my bike.  They don't allow freshman to have cars unless their over 21

Do you go to a small private school?  If not, you need to go someplace else.  [shameless plug]You definitely need to get involved with Army ROTC somewhere! [shameless plug]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Jump over into the Ohio section of the Hometown forum and see if anyone is close to you.  If so, find out if you can go shooting with them or something.  

1. I'm shy

2. the rest of the guys in my unit do the heckling. hehe
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:01:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. I'm shyGet over it.  You hafta come out of your shell sometime.  Been there, done that.  Now I'm an Army officer

2. the rest of the guys in my unit do the heckling. hehe

So join them!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you go to a small private school?  If not, you need to go someplace else.  [shameless plug]You definitely need to get involved with Army ROTC somewhere! [shameless plug]

I've thought about doing ROTC a bunch of times, but decided military isn't for me because I fall apart under pressure(some guy yelling at me)...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Pssst, you be in college now lad. It be they're.
WooHoo 1ea Spelling NAZI Dancing ...!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok, you need to get out and do some things to build your confidence.  You have to take chances if you ever want to get anywhere.  May not be the comfortable thing to do, but you have to do it.  Have you ever had a girlfriend?  If so, you took a chance asking her out.  You'll have to do that here too unless you lean south in that department.  Do things that put you in uncomfortable situations.  If not, you'll never get anywhere.  

BTW, you can take the first 2 years of ROTC without an obligation.  Lots of students take it for an easy A and because it's fun.  

Gotta go buy some steak.  Good luck and get off the dang computer!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#17]
you can't be shy if you're lookin for pie

lol yeah... haven't found a girlfriend yet though...

who needs a girlfriend, you just need to find a girl to be friendly with.

I just a few hours ago got flashed with boobies from 4 college girls, thats 8 tits
one of the better reasons to own a boat raft up party at 1:00 tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Few universities allow guns.

For some reason, most of the folks in my buildings throughout my campus-living years thought I regularly played the guitar.

Stupid laws are meant to be broken.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#19]
btw. www.stupidvideos.com/
there's some pretty funny stuff there.  My personal favorite is #252 - Cat Fan (might not be exactly that number
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

For some reason, most of the folks in my buildings throughout my campus-living years thought I regularly played the guitar.

I carried a G19 in my car for two years on campus.  Almost used it once too.  Glad I didn't have to cause the chief would have been a little ticked!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
btw. www.stupidvideos.com/
there's some pretty funny stuff there.  My personal favorite is #252 - Cat Fan (might not be exactly that number

I thought I told you to get off the computer?  What's your malfunction?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Reading this whole thread, you honestly just sound homesick.  Have you spent much time away from home before?

Find some people to hang out with, pay some chick to spread rumors about how good you are in bed, and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i'm also poor now thanks to the 19k tuition. (mostly paid for with loans)

FInd a cheaper college.

That's insane.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Why not join your room-mate for soccer?  It'll keep you fit, and you'll make new friends.  Plus, played properly, soccer can be a pretty violent and fun game !  

I've also found that you can often meet fun and interesting people by taking up obscure sports/hobbies.  I've met lots of nice and interesting people through playing kendo (a japanese martial art).  Is there a fencing team on campus?  Those guys are usually fun.  Judo and aikido are neat as well - these are all things that keep you active and fit, and you get to meet new people.  (Sometimes even girls )

Or, if you're more solitary - for a good sense of accomplishment - write!!   You're in college, it's a great place and time to write.  Write a screenplay, write a short story, start writing a novel!!   Getting some writing done each day is a nice way to feel like you did something worthwhile.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Living on campus makes it easy to meet people just leave your door open.  By the way you drink right? sounds like you need to loosen up a bit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

heh, did it have a false front of a guitar when you opened it?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:26:14 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Living on campus makes it easy to meet people just leave your door open.  By the way you drink right? sounds like you need to loosen up a bit.

nope, don't drink
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

heh, did it have a false front of a guitar when you opened it?

They only saw me carrying the case into and out of my room, or taking it to or from someones car.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, if you're at Cedarville University, most of the stuff the guys have suggested here is probably frowned upon. I agree with the suggestion of going to the Ohio hometown forums to find out if there are any people that go shooting near you (I'm assuming this is one of your interests, since you are on this board) and might be able to arrange a ride if you chip in for gas or pick up dinner. Otherwise, if you are indeed at Cedarville U., you should probably look into local ministries in the area to involve yourself with or other ways to serve the Lord.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Well, if you're at Cedarville University, most of the stuff the guys have suggested here is probably frowned upon. I agree with the suggestion of going to the Ohio hometown forums to find out if there are any people that go shooting near you (I'm assuming this is one of your interests, since you are on this board) and might be able to arrange a ride if you chip in for gas or pick up dinner. Otherwise, if you are indeed at Cedarville U., you should probably look into local ministries in the area to involve yourself with or other ways to serve the Lord.

you got it. What part of OH are you from?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Boy, get you some poontang and quit sitting around whining all day.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:51:05 PM EDT
[#32]
If you're not out there meeting girls, then ask your professors for more work.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you got it. What part of OH are you from?

I'm up in Cleveland, but our church has a retreat (MCCA) down there during the summer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top