Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/6/2012 9:57:49 AM EDT
Is this a troy industries rear iron sight?http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RZX062/ref=oh_o02_s00_i00_details

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Wrong picture ..the sku is for a rail cover ...
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#2]
SCOV-BRC-30FT-00 is for rail covers. looks like a mistake
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you guys serious. I just bit the bullet a purchased thinking it was troy sights. We will see when they arrive. Why are some of the prices what a troy rear sight would cost then?

Quoted:

SCOV-BRC-30FT-00 is for rail covers. looks like a mistake

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
The description says it is for the sight. I would be raising hell if I got anything different. I would certainly save a screenshot.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The description says it is for the sight. I would be raising hell if I got anything different. I would certainly save a screenshot.

Why?  The title says:
Troy Grip Desert Tan Picatinny SCOV-BRC-30FT-00

oh right, not getting a $165 rear sight for $35 because of a misprint is a reason to raise hell
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

oh right, not getting a $165 rear sight for $35 because of a misprint is a reason to raise hell

Product Description
Troy Rear Tritium Folding Sights TRITIUM is a form of hydrogen that emits a continuous light source where using batteries or electricity is not possible. Target acquisition is made possible in low or no light conditions. - No limited sight orientation due to low light conditions - Front post is centered between two tritium points of reference to allow for proper alignment - Flat Dark Earth Note: Sight is designed to work on same plane rail systems only. Will not work with a railed gasblock that is higher or lower than the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#7]
It says list price 165.00, it has a picture of the rear sight, the description says folding rear sight.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]
tag to see what OP really bought...
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:34:17 AM EDT
[#9]
enjoy your new grips bro
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:34:44 AM EDT
[#10]
in for result
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

Product Description
Troy Rear Tritium Folding Sights TRITIUM is a form of hydrogen that emits a continuous light source where using batteries or electricity is not possible. Target acquisition is made possible in low or no light conditions. - No limited sight orientation due to low light conditions - Front post is centered between two tritium points of reference to allow for proper alignment - Flat Dark Earth Note: Sight is designed to work on same plane rail systems only. Will not work with a railed gasblock that is higher or lower than the receiver.

Yes, I can read

So if someone was selling this:
2012 Hyundai Accent SE

The biggest news for the Genesis sedan comes from the addition of an entirely new performance model: the 5.0 R-Spec. This model features a brand-new 5.0-liter V8 that boasts 429 horsepower and 379 lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful Hyundai engine ever produced.

To set it apart from the standard Genesis sedans, the R-Spec comes with unique 19-inch wheels with a premium machined finish, Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 summer performance tires, dark chrome headlamp inserts and unique R-Spec sport transmission, suspension and steering calibration settings.

for $10, 500.  Would you buy it?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Fellow basement dwellers I will keep you updated.

It already shipped.

Should arrive sometime next week.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

The description and the picture both indicate a sight.  That isn't a misprint.. and mispicture(? ) Might be a fuck up, in that case it is all on the seller.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Remember when Amazon had PS3s for $30 each?    

So out of the hundreds here that ordered one or four ,how many of you geniuses actually got one for that price?      None?   shocking

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#15]
So their are two vendors selling at this price optics planet and Metroplex Trading Company.

Is it possible that both of them made the same mistake?

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#16]
tag for outcome
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#17]
List Price: $164.00
Price: $34.57
You Save: $129.43 (79%)

Hell of a typo here too...
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I got a great price on a Bushnell Elite Scope from amazon many years ago.  I'm  pretty sure it was an error on their part, but they honored the price.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Pic is wrong sight for Item model number: SSIG-FBS-RTFT-00
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

omg nobody knew
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Enjoy your new rail covers.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Really?  

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So their are two vendors selling at this price optics planet and Metroplex Trading Company.

Is it possible that both of them made the same mistake?

It's certainly possible that both are selling you airsoft knockoffs

I'd say it's unpossible that dealer cost on those sights is anywhere near $35.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The description and the picture both indicate a sight.  That isn't a misprint.. and mispicture(? ) Might be a fuck up, in that case it is all on the seller.

So you have never seen a retailer place the wrong item for sale in their circular, only for them later to say "Sorry, we made a mistake, we can't sell you _______ for $y.yy"?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you have never seen a retailer place the wrong item for sale in their circular, only for them later to say "Sorry, we made a mistake, we can't sell you _______ for $y.yy"?

Yup, it happens.  No said said it doesn't.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#27]
The description is for a folding sight,that pic is a fixed sight. So actually out of the title, pic, and description none match up with each other.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#28]
I contacted Optics Planet and let them know of their mistake (what any honest ADULT would do)

I also informed them that the ad has made its way onto internet forums, and to brace themselves for the upcoming temper tantrums when people try to scam them out of $120 worth of product.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then what are you trying to get at?  
Do you expect amazon to sell the sight for $35 or do you expect them to say whoops, we made a mistake and cant honor the price?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#30]
FYI price is down to $18.99 from optics planet

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FYI price is down to $18.99

its $35 with shipping
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
FYI price is down to $18.99 from optics planet

LOL fuck that

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Does it come with a pressure washer?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

omg nobody knew

Yes SSIG-FBS-RTFT-00 is for the folding tritium sight, not the one pictured.  Not talking about the rails.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you expect amazon to sell the sight for $35 or do you expect them to say whoops, we made a mistake and cant honor the price?

Either one.  What I do not expect is for someone buying it to be stuck with rail covers and out $35.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

No it's not. The buyer knew or should have known there was an error.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

It isn't the buyer's duty to be a mind reader and uncover the real reason behind a seller's price.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Either one.  What I do not expect is for someone buying it to be stuck with rail covers and out $35.

LULZ.
Are you trolling?
It is the buyers responsibility to know what he is buying.
Amazon does have a return policy. here
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

It isn't the buyer's duty to be a mind reader and uncover the real reason behind a seller's price.

Again, this price is so outrageously low, it caused a thread to be created, no? It's well below what a reasonable person would believe to be cost, no? Then the buyer knew or should have known that there is some sort of error in the advertisement. You may not like it, but that's how this sort of thing works. You don't have to be a mind reader. You merely have to be capable of basic critical thinking. If your argument is that you lack that ability, good luck getting your sight or rail cover.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#40]
It's probably counterfeit Chinese airsoft shit.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:40:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

Again, this price is so outrageously low, it caused a thread to be created, no? It's well below what a reasonable person would believe to be cost, no? Then the buyer knew or should have known that there is some sort of error in the advertisement. You may not like it, but that's how this sort of thing works. You don't have to be a mind reader. You merely have to be capable of basic critical thinking. If your argument is that you lack that ability, good luck getting your sight or rail cover.

What is reasonable?  Selling things far below list price is common especially on Amazon. Search things like Invicta Watches or go on Steep and Cheap.  Shit sells for far less every day. If OP gets a rail cover, he can ship it back on the seller's dime and get his money back.  Blaming a buyer for a seller's fuck up is absurd.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

What is reasonable?  Selling things far below list price is common especially on Amazon. Search things like Invicta Watches or go on Steep and Cheap.  Shit sells for far less every day. If OP gets a rail cover, he can ship it back on the seller's dime and get his money back.  Blaming a buyer for a seller's fuck up is absurd.

Every intelligent poster in this thread has made mention of the fact that the SKU is not for the sight. Also that the descriptions within the advertisement are for both the sight and the rail covers. It is perfectly reasonable to infer that something is wrong. It is unreasonable to assume this is a sale and the contradictory wording within the ad is only there for fun.

Notice how nearly everyone in this thread is reacting by saying "something is wrong" or even "that's the wrong SKU" or even yet "that price is way below cost?" Those are reasonable responses. "I'm gonna buy this now and scream bloody murder if they don't give me this sight for $36" is unreasonable.

Again, you may not like it, but that's because you're being dishonest. Not because you genuinely believe Amazon wants to sell that sight for $36. Admit it. Do you really believe they intend to sell the sight for $36?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

Every intelligent poster in this thread has made mention of the fact that the SKU is not for the sight. Also that the descriptions within the advertisement are for both the sight and the rail covers. It is perfectly reasonable to infer that something is wrong. It is unreasonable to assume this is a sale and the contradictory wording within the ad is only there for fun.

Notice how nearly everyone in this thread is reacting by saying "something is wrong" or even "that's the wrong SKU" or even yet "that price is way below cost?" Those are reasonable responses. "I'm gonna buy this now and scream bloody murder if they don't give me this sight for $36" is unreasonable.

Again, you may not like it, but that's because you're being dishonest. Not because you genuinely believe Amazon wants to sell that sight for $36. Admit it. Do you really believe they intend to sell the sight for $36?

If we are talking about honesty, do not misrepresent what I am saying.  I do not know if they are intentionally selling that sight for that price.  I don't even know what sight they are selling since the pictured sight is not selling for $165 to begin with.  I am saying that the seller is responsible if they sell the OP a set of rail covers for $35.  They can not send them and not charge him, or he can send them back at their cost and they can refund his money.  As for the SKU, expecting the buyer to identify items by SKU is unreasonable.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?  The title says:

If we are talking about honesty, do not misrepresent what I am saying.  I do not know if they are intentionally selling that sight for that price.  I don't even know what sight they are selling since the pictured sight is not selling for $165 to begin with.  I am saying that the seller is responsible if they sell the OP a set of rail covers for $35.  They can not send them and not charge him, or he can send them back at their cost and they can refund his money.  As for the SKU, expecting the buyer to identify items by SKU is unreasonable.

I'm going to stop here, but you don't know what "reasonable" means in this context. And I didn't misrepresent anything. You have zero understanding of how contract law works in this type of transaction. Please look up "mutual mistake." It's not like I pulled out of my butt.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
optics planet has the 3pk of rail covers for that price. that is obviously a screw up.

they show the sight for. 163.99

lettuce be reality, they don't have ANYTHING
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I assumed the product was being discontinued because of lack of sales or maybe the retailer was liquidating this item.

My intent was not to "rip off the company"

I remember someone posted a link to a handgun camera(don't remember the specific name) but it retailed for somewhere around $500.00 and was being discontinued and sold for somewhere around $100.00.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I assumed the product was being discontinued because of lack of sales or maybe the retailer was liquidating this item.

Really?

Because I would assume it probably costs the company at least $35 to MAKE this product.

Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

My intent was not to "rip off the company"

I remember someone posted a link to a handgun camera(don't remember the specific name) but it retailed for somewhere around $500.00 and was being discontinued and sold for somewhere around $100.00.

don't you think if the troy sights were being discontinued you would have read it on here first?
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top