Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 11:17:45 AM EDT
so our office work place is a no headphones/music environment. So here I am, jamming out to BBC 1 via bone induction hat. Ya Im cheating..

and then.. they start playing SirMix A lot Babys got back.. Im trying to keep quite, but the urge to sing along is too great..

NOOOOOOOOOO..
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#1]
You should quit and just make more boolits.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

SOON.. Dr is after me to quit this IT job to drop my stress level a bit.. while at work my BP is in the stroke level.. Get home and chip lax and I'm back down to normal..

damn it, now run-dmc tricky.. Ya this is not going to end pretty.. might have to turn it off.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a miserable place to spend the day.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Well in the mean time

Give me a sista can't resist her

Red beans and rice didn't miss her....
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#5]
They can't ever take away Hope...........prisoner # 37927
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:25:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Couldn't work in an environment where they treat people like children.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn you Fats.

I thought your health was taking a dive.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Sounds like a miserable place to spend the day.
View Quote
Some outfits seem to strive to that end....

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:28:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL its so you don't miss the phone..

for those that want to know what I'm using.. its a Cynaps Blue tooth hat.. they really rock.. been running one for a few months now.. and I'm mighty impressed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SOON.. Dr is after me to quit this IT job to drop my stress level a bit.. while at work my BP is in the stroke level.. Get home and chip lax and I'm back down to normal..

damn it, now run-dmc tricky.. Ya this is not going to end pretty.. might have to turn it off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like me at work.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn you Fats.

View Quote

Well I do have Kidney surgery in Aug.. a lumpectomy..
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:30:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I choose not to have music.

Depending on what IT department you are in with some companies, you really want to stress the anti-music rule a lot... becuase otherwise you're going to hear a lot of Pehla Pyar, Waada, and Do Ghoont Mujhe Bhi Pila De
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sounds like me at work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like me at work.

I've got 2 servers getting ready to have hardware crashes. the RFA's for new servers have been on my bosses desk since Oct of last year. Daily its keep it limping along for a few more days.. All i can do is keep my backups frosty..
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
This. I'm a professional and I expect to be treated like it.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

for those that want to know what I'm using.. its a Cynaps Blue tooth hat.. they really rock.. been running one for a few months now.. and I'm mighty impressed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't have one headphone in and still hear the phone, only use one headphone in one ear?  Play music at a reasonable level and still hear the phone?

You are missing the larger point.  Instead of addressing the actual issue of missing the phone a blanket policy is made to try and prevent employees from missing the phone.  A mindset indicative of weak leadership.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:36:19 AM EDT
[#17]
I sympathize for you office and cubicle types.... I spent a little time there.  

Now I'm sitting at work wearing two guns, posting on Arfcom with my dog sleeping by my feet.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:38:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I could not stand working in an IT setting where I couldn't listen to music.

Then again, the software side of the world is really more relaxed.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You can't have one headphone in and still hear the phone, only use one headphone in one ear?  Play music at a reasonable level and still hear the phone?

You are missing the larger point.  Instead of addressing the actual issue of missing the phone a blanket policy is made to try and prevent employees from missing the phone.  A mindset indicative of weak leadership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

very weak. like butter bar weak.. After surgery I'm staring the looking again (started in May but was hit with bad news).. Its taken a shit since we were sold to an investment group. and split off from our French parent group. I loved working for the old place.. Hell 19 years here..
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#20]
You're trying to keep it quite what?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn you Fats.

I hope everything goes well with that.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
so our office work place is a no headphones/music environment. So here I am, jamming out to BBC 1 via bone induction hat. Ya Im cheating..

and then.. they start playing SirMix A lot Babys got back.. Im trying to keep quite, but the urge to sing along is too great..

NOOOOOOOOOO..
View Quote

your office?

i could understand if you worked in the air wing around heavy machinery and shit but an office?

edit: nvm i read as to why and for the record i answer phones in a tech support role too and they don't make us do this
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

your office?

i could understand if you worked in the air wing around heavy machinery and shit but an office?

wtf?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOOOOOOOOOO..

your office?

wtf?

I know right!
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I know right!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOOOOOOOOOO..

your office?

wtf?

I know right!

i used to get yelled at by my supervisors for wearing 1 single earbud while in the hanger working on planes. they couldn't fire you for it they just chewed me out until i painted the white cord to resemble my skin color

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:44:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#26]
that blows, i wear ear buds like 7 out of 8 hours every day. But i dont deal directly with customers, other than the occasion phone call and the music helps me drown out the office noise and let me focus on CAD work.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:47:45 PM EDT
[#27]
My anaconda don't want none
If you ain't got buns hun
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:49:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yeah, don't scare us like that.

Jerk.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn you Fats.

Jerk.  

we still have that face off to do.. so I'm not dead yet! it will be epic.. Will your kendo club let me in with my Epee? We need to settle the katana VS Epee once and for all..
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My anaconda don't want noneIf you ain't got buns hun
View Quote

you can do side bends or set up.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Can't hear the phone? Problem solved.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:05:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Jerk.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn you Fats.

Jerk.  

LOL i wonder how many clicked on it thinking OH MAN this is going to be epic, Fats lost it,he's dieing, any kind of bad shit imaginable.. Burn baby Burn! Then read and oh crap he's fine. dammit! Fuck you McNasty!

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

LOL i wonder how many clicked on it thinking OH MAN this is going to be epic, Fats lost it,he's dieing, any kind of bad shit imaginable.. Burn baby Burn! Then read and oh crap he's fine. dammit! Fuck you McNasty!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn you Fats.

Jerk.  

There was an equal chance of hospitalization or you getting a new game.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:17:20 PM EDT
[#34]
are there rules against fleshlights?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn you Fats.

Jerk.  

LOL My gaming has slowed WAY WAY down.. at 45, all the other player are just kids and I feel so OLD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top