Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2002 6:12:44 PM EDT
hi all,

i guy at the gun store said today that colt is goin out of business.  is this true and if so why?  to me they are one of the best gun makers.  does this mean that the colt guns are gonna be work more?

thanks
lojack
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:15:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
hi all,

i guy at the gun store said
View Quote

note, anything that follows is usually bullshit. i had a "gunstore expert" tell me one time that all ar15s are made in canada and kimbers were made out of parts that para ordnance rejected.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt has been going out of business for the last 15 years.

No crap!  They're owned by the People's State of Connecticut and they only sell their wares to government types.  

The People's Demokratische Republik only cares about keeping their subjects employed, so ergo Colt makes 'crap' for our betters.

Their workers pretend to work and Koltische Gmbh. pretends to pay them.  They send their sub-standard civilian products to dudes who say "I just gotta have a Colt" and rely on government contracts for their living.

Is Colt out of business for the majority of the shooting community?  Yes.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The "Colt is dead" rumors have been circulating for years but they aren't true.  Colt has suffered as the result of some bad business decisions but they're still alive.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
no shit.  well, i guess all of those rumors i have heard about the python being re-introduced are bogus.  figures, the one colt product i wanted to ever own.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The Python ruled!  In fact, old Colt M1911's and wheelguns were great!  I had a WWII  "Official Police" - their mass produced grade revolver - that was smoother than any S&W that I've ever owned!  Vintage Colt rules!  Current Colt DESERVES to go out of business.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
no shit.  well, i guess all of those rumors i have heard about the python being re-introduced are bogus.  figures, the one colt product i wanted to ever own.
View Quote

Colt has re-introduced the Python, not sure if you are willing to pay the + $1000 price tag.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Colt has re-introduced the Python, not sure if you are willing to pay the + $1000 price tag.
View Quote

[url]www.colt.com[/url]

YIKES! I wouldn't pay $1,000+ for Python; they are good, but not that good. That is way too much for a revolver. I bet a lot of people who knows how to build Pythons, have been laid-off in the downsizing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#9]
When the sue the gunmakers lawsuits were popular Colt decided to get out of the "public" market. Their expensive products were/are avabile through their Custom Shop. Colt has been screwed up for twenty years. They lost the U.S. Goverment M-16 contract, changed their labor force to United Auto Workers, and based on six "Enhansed (1993ish) Goverment Models I have first hand knowlage of, fired their quaility control expectors.*****excuse the typos, I'm tanked!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Nawwww, colts still around and still making their overpriced parts for the AR snobs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top