Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2014 4:23:54 PM EDT
so after your done flaming, I made a purchase (of the NFA AR15 variety) and I can't complete the transfer as I might be moving to the Philippines soon. Email correspondence with seller for a store credit for a non NFA item(they said they have glocks and xd's) since no refund(whatever/fine i'll take a small loss just to get this over with). Figure I can sell it off to a friend who would buy it. Now they are claiming nope no store credit and now it's past the point where I can make a claim on my CC. Gunbroker is leaving me out to dry after at 1st seeming helpful. Do I have any recourse? Or am I up shit creek. I'd even be willing to hire a attny in FL to sue them in small claims if that is even legal. Help me GD, your my only hope.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
so after your done flaming, I made a purchase (of the NFA AR15 variety) and I can't complete the transfer as I might be moving to the Philippines soon. Email correspondence with seller for a store credit for a non NFA item(they said they have glocks and xd's) since no refund(whatever/fine i'll take a small loss just to get this over with). Figure I can sell it off to a friend who would buy it. Now they are claiming nope no store credit and now it's past the point where I can make a claim on my CC. Gunbroker is leaving me out to dry after at 1st seeming helpful. Do I have any recourse? Or am I up shit creek. I'd even be willing to hire a attny in FL to sue them in small claims if that is even legal. Help me GD, your my only hope.
View Quote

no one??
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Why the Philippines?

Got an uncle who could use a piece?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Have them sell it on consignment for you. It will cost you but at least you'll get something back, maybe.

If they are total dicks about it have it transferred to another dealer.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
What did you buy?
How long ago was it?

How much money are we talking?

$100 barrel, a $1,000 SBR, $15,000 RR, a used Colt m16a1 for $20,000, a Minty Colt M16a2 with box unfired for $50,000.

Where in Florida?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have them sell it on consignment for you. It will cost you but at least you'll get something back, maybe.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Like try to get a dealer here in NV to buy it off me after it is shipped to them? Wouldn't I still have to stamp it ?

Quoted:
What did you buy?How long ago was it?
$100 barrel, a $1,000 SBR, $15,000 RR, a used Colt m16a1 for $20,000, a Minty Colt M16a2 with box unfired for $50,000.

Where in Florida?

690 with shipping for a SBR registered lower, zip on their website is 34983

Purchased back in NOV, then I was away in NY for a family issue till almost mid March of this year, then when I came back my gf said she wanted to move back home, and I said I would join her. It is a serious relationship, and 600 would go far in PI lol.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like your life choice is going to cost a lot more then $600.

The dealer could sell it for you, either the one you were transferring it to, or the one you bought it from. Expect to pay 10% if not more for them to do it for you.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Like try to get a dealer here in NV to buy it off me after it is shipped to them? Wouldn't I still have to stamp it ?

Purchased back in NOV, then I was away in NY for a family issue till almost mid March of this year, then when I came back my gf said she wanted to move back home, and I said I would join her. It is a serious relationship, and 600 would go far in PI lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in Florida?

What brand lower for $690? Is this some dumb NY Preban thing?

you can get a Anderson for $39, and Reg it yourselve for $200.

Hell I have a Draco-C, that I SBRed and added an under folder stock for less then that.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in Florida?

Hell I have a Draco-C, that I SBRed and added an under folder stock for less then that.

It cost me almost $70 with shipping to get my last SBR lower engraved.

Now about the OP who bought a NFA item on GB and is blaming the seller and GB because he

has had a change of heart and is now all butt hurt. I fail to see how it is the sellers fault or GB.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#9]
You overpaid a lot.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 12:21:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in Florida?

If its a SBR manufactured by a class 3 dealer, you don't have to get it engraved with your trust, because you are not the manufacturer of the item. So if I ever decided to sell it it, I could and it wouldn't have my name all engraved in it. Well that was my thought process in it anyway. Meh. And I live in NV, I went to NY for some family stuff. Guess I'm going to have to find a dealer out here to buy it off me. I'd be happy with half what I put into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top