Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2005 4:49:55 AM EDT
My boss took me up stairs to his Little office Friday.  [that is where you go to get reprimanded]
I was told that the Christmas bonuses, where based on how much business we did this year and how well we work, and are attitude.
I was told I have a bad attitude.  Now, I must explain, that I was singled out here.                          [so I assume that the other employees got better bonuses, then I]

I don't have a bad attitude. I have done everything he ask. I am all ways Johny on the spot,
when he needs someone to jump on a job right away, or can you help me out over here.
I am never late for work.  I do more work around there then any of the other employees.
I get payed on commission, and there is no one there that has made more then me in 3 years.
When I make money he makes money.

My attitude is based on the fact that i pick on some of the other employees.  These are all grown men.
It seams to me that they can dish it out but cant take it. I have no problem with anyone who wants to go out back and settle are differences. I am not a big guy, and I am the same age as most of these guys.

I have decided to go to work for a shop i worked at before I worker for this Scrooge.

I know when I am not wanted. I earned 10,000 more then any one in the shop this year.

So do you guys think I should move on?   The pay will be the same, I just have to drive farther.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you got a bonus.

Ask the boss for specific examples of your "bad attitude" before you bail.  

Why do you think you were singled out?  Were you the only one taken to the office/wood shed, or do you just think that you were?  I would think the boss would also call up the workers that he wanted to compliment, too.

Don't quit until you have another job sewed up.  If you like the job and are making sufficient pay, why not just keep your mouth shut and don't talk to anyone unless it's required?  Too much BS gets real old and it doesn't take long.  Maybe you're over doing the "picking on"; what exactly is the nature of that?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
You do have a bad attitude.

Mouthing off to your co-workers, challenging others to a fight, bad-mouthing the boss, complaining that you do all the work.

Even if you are the most productive guy in the place you are a disrupting influence.

Your boss didn't fire you so he wants you to stay but he wants you to change your ways.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:51:38 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 You do need to settle you attitude a bit.  You settled it for me when you said that you don't mind "taking it out back".  I am an employer and I would never allow someone like you to work for me while you have that attitude.  

Sorry man, but you are blowing it.  It is not just about how much money you make for the compnany, it is also about you effect on the productivity and welfare of the other employees.  

He does not want to fire you or he would have, why not try and be more pleasant.

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:52:13 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My attitude is based on the fact that i pick on some of the other employees.  These are all grown men.
It seams to me that they can dish it out but cant take it. I have no problem with anyone who wants to go out back and settle are differences. I am not a big guy, and I am the same age as most of these guys.

not gonna lie, it sounds like you have anger issues and your boss should fire your ass if you don't learn to calm  down.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:15:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I know I come across that way.   But I don't try to start fights. I am a auto mechanic, and we work
hard for are money.  I all so know that it is very hard to find a good mechanic.  My attitude is good
I just want to do my job.  I have a job offer from my old boss, he wants me back real bad.

You see I moved out here to the country, from the big city.  I just cant help but pick on this one guy.
He cant do anything with out help, and I mean anything.  I just never been around dumb inbred hicks before.  I mean they don't even bath.  I think my boss wants me there so they will have tools to work with.  I have about 35,000 in tools.  My tool box alone coast 6,000.

I am a veteran, and I know how to follow orders.  I may take the other job.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Verbally harassing other employees counts as a bad attitude in my book. If you can't find a different, better job, just stop picking on anybody. If that really is the only problem, and you really do work the most, etc., everything would then be peachy keen. Simple as that, no big deal. I really don't think you should just walk out of a job into an uncertian future when the alternative is to simply leave your co-worker(s) alone.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:19:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I avoid the people at my job that love to instigate "issues", it reduces the chances of any problems.

Works for me, may not work for you or others.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I know I come across that way.   But I don't try to start fights. I am a auto mechanic, and we work
hard for are money.  I all so know that it is very hard to find a good mechanic.  My attitude is good
I just want to do my job.  I have a job offer from my old boss, he wants me back real bad.

You see I moved out here to the country, from the big city.  I just cant help but pick on this one guy.
He cant do anything with out help, and I mean anything.  I just never been around dumb inbred hicks before.  I mean they don't even bath.  I think my boss wants me there so they will have tools to work with.  I have about 35,000 in tools.  My tool box alone coast 6,000.

If you have an offer from your old boss and it's the same or better pay, go for it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
He cant do anything with out help, and I mean anything.  I just never been around dumb inbred hicks before.

Dumb inbred hicks? Great attitude, maybe he's intimidated by the asshole city slicker
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#11]
I guess you missed the part about them being able to dish it out . It just don't bather me, but if I give it back, thees country cry babies cant take it.  They are lazy, and wine and cry all day long.
I wont stay. I have never had trouble finding a job.  My references are the best.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:34:21 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My references are the best.

Up until now.

My bet is your boss it right on with his assessment.  You portray YOURSELF as an elitist.

While your skills may be superior, your arrogance will be your downfall.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:10:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Fuck'm.   Shit talking is the norm in an industry like yours.  Take the other job and commute.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:53:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Thank god to be self employed.....

I have fired myself before, but then had to hire myself back.....hehehe

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I would also say you sounded like you have and attitude if I didn't work in a similar situation. I work in a lab with a few women that act like 12 year olds. And I don't know how one of them got the credentials to even work in a lab, she can't do anything for herself, focus a microscope, operate a fax machine, ANYTHING!!!! I have to get out the procedure manuals, open it, turn the pages, THEN READ TO HER!!! She takes no initiative to do anything for herself. She's been here for over 2 years and ever day it's like she's just walked on the job. I don't think I've ever met anyone so stupid! If I wanted to babysit I would have had my own damn kids! They run and hide when there is a difficult situation and then when it's taken care of they ask if there is anything they can do to "help" you and empty your trash!!! The supervisor got the job because her mommie was the lab director.

I could go on and on but I stay where I am at because it's close to home and I am next in line to change shifts when a postiion comes open. You sound like you might be taken advantage of. Only you can make the final decision of changing jobs though. It sucks to live in the city.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top