Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/2/2004 2:12:41 PM EST
im a dumbass. i left out the recoil spring assembly when assembling my g23. now i cant get the slide off to put the spring in. all help will be apreciated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:13:59 PM EST
Use forward pressure against the slide, to simulate that the spring is in there. Pull the trigger while you give it forward pressure, and then disassemble as normal. I've done this before, don't sweat it!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:16:38 PM EST
thanks i'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:17:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 2:18:33 PM EST by gotm4]

Originally Posted By netwt12:
im a dumbass. i left out the recoil spring assembly when assembling my g23. now i cant get the slide off to put the spring in. all help will be apreciated.

If all else fails remove the striker assy. glockmeister.com/slidedis.shtml All you need is a big nail or a 3/32" punch. Just llock the slide open and remove the striker assy. The slide will now slide right off w/barrel.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:21:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By dissipator556:
Use forward pressure against the slide, to simulate that the spring is in there. Pull the trigger while you give it forward pressure, and then disassemble as normal. I've done this before, don't sweat it!

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:24:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By AR15fan:

+1

+2

Pressing it against a carpeted floor works best.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:26:06 PM EST
thanks dissipator. that did it. that was a first i still feel like a moron though.

gotm4 thank you aswell. i'm glad that i didn't hae to remove the striker assy.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:27:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 2:28:16 PM EST by I-M-A-WMD]

Originally Posted By triburst1:

Originally Posted By AR15fan:

+1

+2

Pressing it against a carpeted floor works best.

+3...

And I hope you don't forget to check to ensure they're ain't any ammo in the thing first.

Sly

ETA: Your reply beat me- glad it all worked out OK. If iy makes you feel any better I've done that trick more than once!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 2:37:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By netwt12:
thanks dissipator. that did it. that was a first i still feel like a moron though.

gotm4 thank you aswell. i'm glad that i didn't hae to remove the striker assy.

Dude, don't feel bad. I spent two hours last month trying to get the trigger assembly for my M1 Carbine back together. Finally got the bright idea of searching the internet for a copy of the manual and got it back together in five minutes.
Top Top