Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2002 2:33:20 PM EDT
can any one tell me about how long it takes to get the form 1 application back  to manufacture a sbr. ? i've got everything ready..just kinda wanted to hear from anyone who had had it done what kinda time from i was looking at.
 thanx john in houston
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard that the shortest was 60 Days and longest was 1 Year.

For Corps. I heard they average 30 Days.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Usual is 3 to 4 months.  I've heard as short as 4 days (long time ago), up to well over a year.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Typical (non-9-11 time, non-anthrax/decontamination) used to be around 90 days. Recent events in the USA have screwed all time lines. Example, last years 5320.20's took right about 2 weeks to come back, papers done for 2002 year have not come back yet, those sent in mid-October. Supposedly "approved Jan-5", still not here yet, and it is maybe 3 day at worst for plain postage.  Now fellas have been posting over at Subguns.com, that the times for Form-1 and Form-4 have been fairly normal, 60-90 days.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:16:10 PM EDT
[#4]
thanx for the info.... maybe i can find something to keep me occupied in the mean time..check the mail ..get on the internet..check the mail ..get on the internet
check the mai....
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Not for a type 1, but for another type the check was cashed within 12 days.  After asking some questions, I found out it was entered into the database at around 30 days.  It now heads onto background check and then to local office for site visit.  I figure they are running about the same as they have for the last 3-4 years.

mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top