Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/26/2006 1:03:40 AM EDT
2 nights in a row, ive posted two topics on girls ( girls girls girls ) was post one

so out of nowhere today an ex girlfriend called me tonight. we first dated a year and a half during + after high school.  we were the textbook high school sweethearts. Id call her when i finished working at the shop at 11pm, shed sneak out her window and id pick her up, wed go to my house and spend our time together and id drop her off at her highschool the next morning, then head to my high school. we went through everything together... her parents loved me, and for sometime she lived with me at my parents house. our son would be 5 years old now if it werent for a miscarriage.... trust me we went though more ups and downs at the ages of 16 and 17 than alot of adult relationships go through. more other things than i care to list.

things got tough and we broke up. since then ive changed girlfriends like ive changed my underwear.... about twice a week haha... but seriously....

its been 5 years since we last broke up. I'm 23 now.  NO woman has even come close to filling her shoes. NONE. not even close has anyone held up to her standards and those chicks got dumped quick.

so me and her went out for drinks tonight and talked for a couple hours. wow. id give everything to be back with her.  it seems like we've both gotten past our problems that caused our relationships demise 5 years ago. i want to try to pursue something with her again, the timing is bad right not because she just broke up with the guy shes been with for 3 years.  so im hanging back... but...

do any of you still have feelings for a woman, even if its been FIVE years plus??

BuiltToughF250
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. But then i remember whatever the reason was we broke up and then it go`s away.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]

so me and her went out for drinks tonight and talked for a couple hours. wow. id give everything to be back with her. it seems like we've both gotten past our problems that caused our relationships demise 5 years ago. i want to try to pursue something with her again, the timing is bad right not because she just broke up with the guy shes been with for 3 years. so im hanging back... but...

All I have to offer is hold back a little bit. She is on the rebound now, needs to feel wanted. You have a history which IMO is a bad thing. You know her and the situation so do as you see fit, but I am always wary of past acquaintances since it usually ended for a good reason.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:23:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Run... away...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes. But then i remember whatever the reason was we broke up and then it go`s away.

for the most part...

reasons we broke up- i was barely 18, working 55 hours a week ( nights ) AND going to tech college for truck driver training, and it didnt help that when her parents moved an hours drive away, that *i* had to drive to and from to pick her up after work friday night, then to and from to drop her back of sunday night.

at 18 i wasnt able to handle the stress. but now weve both gotten over our issues, hers was insecurity of thinking i wanted other girls, mine was not being able to handle the stress. she obviosuly has her own car now, and is even looking at a house to buy, and a manager at her work. shes gotten her ---- together. and im doing very well myself.

this thread is worthless without pics but... shes 21 now, half korean half white, 5'7" 125-130 pounds, 36C and as pretty as they get.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

the timing is bad right not because she just broke up with the guy shes been with for 3 years.  so im hanging back... but...
BuiltToughF250

First thing I thought of.....

You are her "deep in the bottom of the purse, just in case" emotional tampon.

Proceed with extreme caution.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:58:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

for the most part...

reasons we broke up- i was barely 18, working 55 hours a week ( nights ) AND going to tech college for truck driver training, and it didnt help that when her parents moved an hours drive away, that *i* had to drive to and from to pick her up after work friday night, then to and from to drop her back of sunday night.

at 18 i wasnt able to handle the stress. but now weve both gotten over our issues, hers was insecurity of thinking i wanted other girls, mine was not being able to handle the stress. she obviosuly has her own car now, and is even looking at a house to buy, and a manager at her work. shes gotten her ---- together. and im doing very well myself.

this thread is worthless without pics but... shes 21 now, half korean half white, 5'7" 125-130 pounds, 36C and as pretty as they get.

Well MAYBE things have come back around and are lined up for you two.  But seeing as how she called you.... and after her recent break up and all i would use southhoofs advice, extreme caution.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:06:41 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. make her wait-it will force her to evaluate why she is after you and if it fits in her long term plans.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:06:51 AM EDT
[#8]
trust me, i understand the extreme caution thing. shes always called me at random times though, so i wonder if this might be a random out of no-where time to call me, whether it has anything to do with the breakup or not. honestly, even though i know i may be falling into something bad, i cant help but risk it if something happens. i cant go the rest of my life again, knowing that i didnt even give it a try.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:31:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
trust me, i understand the extreme caution thing. shes always called me at random times though, so i wonder if this might be a random out of no-where time to call me, whether it has anything to do with the breakup or not. honestly, even though i know i may be falling into something bad, i cant help but risk it if something happens. i cant go the rest of my life again, knowing that i didnt even give it a try.

I understand that. Good on ya man. Take it slow get to know each other again.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:37:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thank you. the first time me and her met 7 years ago it brought me from rock-bottom litterally... to having something to look forward to everyday. without that and what all we went through i wouldnt feel so strongly towards her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:44:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

thank you. the first time me and her met 7 years ago it brought me from rock-bottom litterally... to having something to look forward to everyday. without that and what all we went through i wouldnt feel so strongly towards her.

Oh stop it would ya, i`m gettin misty..

ETA, but i`m not going to get weak enough to call any of my ex`s, you gotta put a whole lotta gone between you and crazy women like them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:46:46 AM EDT
[#12]
My Ex's would either have gotten damn good looking or be making hella money for me to take them back.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:19:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Feelings in my pants....and I remember what that got me the first time around.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:25:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I might as well be the one to say it first:

Hit it and forget it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:43:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Go for it, if it doesn't work out, then move on. If you don't try, and she gets away, you will always regret it.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:13:12 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
  do any of you still have feelings for a woman, even if its been FIVE years plus??

BuiltToughF250

I didsomewhat until I inadvertently saw the crazy bitch in a match.com ad many years later. She looked now like forty miles of bad road. Being a bitch catches up with a woman...

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:15:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Go for it, if it doesn't work out, then move on. If you don't try, and she gets away, you will always regret it.  

Just don't bring home a grandchild to your parents and a divorce decree- if it even gets that far. I have seen it happen, although, thankfully, not to me.

All I can say is: thank God I am married to the woman I have now, and NOT to any women I dated in my teens and twenties. They were, and are, nuts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Iam still in love with this girl that I dated over 10 years ago I would do anything to have her back.Let this girl know how you feel she cant read your mind and tell her you will give her some space. So she can also decide what she wants to do!!!  
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Iam still in love with this girl that I dated over 10 years ago I would do anything to have her back.Let this girl know how you feel she cant read your mind and tell her you will give her some space. So she can also decide what she wants to do!!!  

Not that long ago for me, but BTDT.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Id call her when i finished working at the shop at 11pm, shed sneak out her window and id pick her up, wed go to my house and spend our time together and id drop her off at her highschool the next morning,

WTF were her PARENTS, that they didn't notice her MISSING the next morning?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:56:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Half Korean?  The best race as pointed out in Remo Williams!  

Dude go slow and see where it leads you.  Obviously she hasnt forgot you but you may just be a port in a storm for her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#23]
augh, just got kicked to the curb by this wonderful girl...thanks for the reminder...no doubt I'll think about here 5 years plus. In fact, if I live long enough, I can guarantee that it'll be 10 years going on 20 before I will get over her. She was with me during the toughest and most developmental 8 years of my life..... I will never be able to replace her....

8 years and a weakness for fair skinned redheads...
I feel like dying now
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#24]
The last couple were keepers...and I fu*&ed it up.  So yeah, I think about them.  

A girlfriend of 6 years was in ways my soulmate.  We were wrong (due to "timing", in many ways), but I still think about her all the time.  I wish...
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

LOL ditto.  No truer words have been spoken.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:21:47 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

BuiltToughF250

yes.

a bit of advice--she made the call, so let her make the effort.  be open and receptive to anything, but let her do the work.  if you offer too much of yourself before she does, women have a tendency to vanish again.  been on both sides of this one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

so me and her went out for drinks tonight and talked for a couple hours. wow. id give everything to be back with her. it seems like we've both gotten past our problems that caused our relationships demise 5 years ago. i want to try to pursue something with her again, the timing is bad right not because she just broke up with the guy shes been with for 3 years. so im hanging back... but...

All I have to offer is hold back a little bit. She is on the rebound now, needs to feel wanted. You have a history which IMO is a bad thing. You know her and the situation so do as you see fit, but I am always wary of past acquaintances since it usually ended for a good reason.  

Yes.
Don't sleep with her or hook up with her in anyway.
Cause when she decides she is off the rebound, you'll be a hurting cowboy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:27:43 AM EDT
[#28]
yes, I still think about them..

But, I don't have any real desire to get back together.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
My Ex's would either have gotten damn good looking or be making hella money for me to take them back.

how romantic
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
2 nights in a row, ive posted two topics on girls ( girls girls girls ) was post one

so out of nowhere today an ex girlfriend called me tonight. we first dated a year and a half during + after high school.  we were the textbook high school sweethearts. Id call her when i finished working at the shop at 11pm, shed sneak out her window and id pick her up, wed go to my house and spend our time together and id drop her off at her highschool the next morning, then head to my high school. we went through everything together... her parents loved me, and for sometime she lived with me at my parents house. our son would be 5 years old now if it werent for a miscarriage.... trust me we went though more ups and downs at the ages of 16 and 17 than alot of adult relationships go through. more other things than i care to list.

things got tough and we broke up. since then ive changed girlfriends like ive changed my underwear.... about twice a week haha... but seriously....

its been 5 years since we last broke up. I'm 23 now.  NO woman has even come close to filling her shoes. NONE. not even close has anyone held up to her standards and those chicks got dumped quick.

so me and her went out for drinks tonight and talked for a couple hours. wow. id give everything to be back with her.  it seems like we've both gotten past our problems that caused our relationships demise 5 years ago. i want to try to pursue something with her again, the timing is bad right not because she just broke up with the guy shes been with for 3 years.  so im hanging back... but...

BuiltToughF250

I got some bad news for ya

Your first love is 99% going to be the love of your life, the benchmarlk or standard you will judge all others by (and they will usually come up short).

there has been about 30 different women I have been in relationships with since my high school sweetheart and none of them have measured up

I still dream bout her
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BuiltToughF250

I got some bad news for ya

Your first love is 99% going to be the love of your life, the benchmarlk or standard you will judge all others by (and they will usually come up short).

there has been about 30 different women I have been in relationships with since my high school sweetheart and none of them have measured up

I still dream bout her

I'm a chick and I'm still in love with my first love.  We are going to give it another try after 8 years of being apart.  The trick is, he either has to move 3000 miles across the country, or I do.  We are in the process of working out the details.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:49:09 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

BuiltToughF250

You don't feel that way about her, but about the way you wish she would have been. There is a reason you broke up.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Id call her when i finished working at the shop at 11pm, shed sneak out her window and id pick her up, wed go to my house and spend our time together and id drop her off at her highschool the next morning,

WTF were her PARENTS, that they didn't notice her MISSING the next morning?

her parents started work 2 hours before she even had to be up to get ready for school. and... they loved me so i doubt they would have been mad even if they knew she was gone cause theyd know she was with me
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#34]
She called you after all that time.  She wants to get back together.  Take advantage of the moment and go for it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
her parents started work 2 hours before she even had to be up to get ready for school. and... they loved me so i doubt they would have been mad even if they knew she was gone cause theyd know she was with me

So they got up, got dressed, and left, without even checking on her?

I don't care how much I "love" any boyfriend of my daughter's, if I find out he's pulled something like you did, he will simply disappear.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#36]

You'r still young .  Don't get in a hurry . Both of you have changed a lot in those years apart .
Maybe both of you got a little smarter and lot more mature . It could work out .

Take it slow and let her drive .  Damn , I could be another Dr. Phil .
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Ignore all this talk about feelings and relationships.  Ex-girlfriends calling mean only one thing - free pie.

Either that or else she wants to be "friends" so you can be her emotional tampon and spend all your time and money on her while she drones on and on about every guy she's slept with since you.  That's why when ex-g/fs call the first thing you have to establish is every time she comes over you get pie.  And this is your perfect opportunity - you're familiar and comforting, and her self esteem is at an all time low.  Don't let this chance for free pie pass you by!  Hit it hard and hit it often!!!

But whatever you do, DON'T fall into the "friends" trap by listening to her whine and cry without getting some pie.  It's perfectly alright to give your ex-girlfriend a shoulder to cry on.  As long as you're both naked, that is.  No pie, no sympathy.  Period.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I tend to move on with life, though there are times when I can't help but think of past "conquests"... you know the hot cheerleader in highschool, GAP model chick you dated, prom queen that you had sex in the back of dad's car.....etc...

Now that I think of it, why did I got married at an early age, should have been a bachelor until I turn 40 and get me a "trophy" wifey....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:07:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Do I friggen look like Dr. Phil here?

I don't wanna hear about your pathetic  love life.

Take it to mothering.com or some such place.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#40]
After 26.5 years of a fantastic marriage my loving wife died; a GF from 28 years ago ( a widow) got in touch with me and we're now happy as clams. We talk on the phone like teenagers and talk about marrying this fall sometime. Life can have a happy ending.
M
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

This man speaks the truth. +1
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#42]

I feel your pain brotha!  I was out of a 7 year relationship then met someone, that someone only lasted 6 months but getting over it will be a long time coming.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Ignore all this talk about feelings and relationships.  Ex-girlfriends calling mean only one thing - free pie.

Either that or else she wants to be "friends" so you can be her emotional tampon and spend all your time and money on her while she drones on and on about every guy she's slept with since you.  That's why when ex-g/fs call the first thing you have to establish is every time she comes over you get pie.  And this is your perfect opportunity - you're familiar and comforting, and her self esteem is at an all time low.  Don't let this chance for free pie pass you by!  Hit it hard and hit it often!!!

But whatever you do, DON'T fall into the "friends" trap by listening to her whine and cry without getting some pie.  It's perfectly alright to give your ex-girlfriend a shoulder to cry on.  As long as you're both naked, that is.  No pie, no sympathy.  Period.

I like pie!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:19:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Do I friggen look like Dr. Phil here?

I don't wanna hear about your pathetic  love life.

Take it to mothering.com or some such place.

simple way to deal with this, dont bother reading it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

True words of wisdom
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#46]
"five years plus" hmmmm........how about 30+?  I still regret "the one that got away" from my late teens/early 20's.  She was my first love and the best.  I looked her up a couple of year ago.  She had never married, still looked great, wow!  We went out several times and I thought things were going well.  Then her baggage started weighting her down.  Long story short; she's one of those that can't maintain a serious relationship for long.  

Be careful! It could work, but express your doubts and make her show some committment.  And give it some time.  A person will reveal their true nature sooner or later.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#47]
ok guys, heres a picture of her

im just kidding. thats Dave Chappelle as "Rick James"
on a more serious note-
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:20:43 PM EDT
[#48]
GULP.....    She looks evil
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:22:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
GULP.....    She looks evil

evil? well she is female.  sorry i dont have any pics of her smiling and looking less evil on this computer
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:32:02 PM EDT
[#50]
OK the way I look at it is this, She just broke up with her BF of 3 years... she is down and so she is looking at hindsight. And as we all know ...that is 20/20. She remembers the good times she had with you as she is going through bad times with him.

Personally, I would walk away BUT this is not ME we are talking about, If you STRONGLY feel you and her can work it out, why not? But if you feel like you are "saving" her... Walk away.

"Saving" women is a common mistake men make. they promise the world to help the damsel in distress only to later realize that she cannot be saved. sometimes, its too late.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top