Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2001 10:17:28 AM EDT
I received an e-mail today with no subject and the address was unknown, so I deleted it, or at least I tried to.  I keep getting the message "The message ID string "5H" is badly formed."  It will not delete the mail.  I can't get rid of it.  I tried dragging it to the recycle bin but that did not work. HELP!
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I am not computer savy.  What is a POP3 client? Pleas help the stupid guy! [BD]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I have seen something like this before with my own e-mail(a few years ago).  My guess is that a message was sent to your e-mail address and somehow it got scrambled or cut short before or while arriving at your e-mail host's server.  Programs like Outlook Express and Netscape Mail try to download the e-mail, an error occurs because the e-mail is messed up and usually you don't get them e-mail.  It just stays on the server until it's manualy deleted.  Sounds like yours actually got through and now your e-mail program is confused.

I know this doesn't help in solving your problem.  I really don't know exactly how to fix it.  Sorry.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#5]
That is OK USPC40.  At least I know what is wrong now.  I am trying to contact my internet provider becuase that is who the e-mail account is from, but I have had no luck.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I am not computer savy.  What is a POP3 client? Pleas help the stupid guy! [BD]
View Quote

POP3 client = your e-mail program.  Like Outlook, Outlook Express, Netscape Mail, Eudora and Pegasus Mail.  Let me guess, you use Outlook Express??

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let me guess, you use Outlook Express??
View Quote

I do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top