Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:29:35 AM EDT
I was thinking of getting this camera it will fill my need for zoom and its not a bad price .. I have a 3 mp camera right now and its great but no zoom.

I know 5mp is the " standard " and there are cameras that go all the way up to 10mp

its a auction and it ends soon so opionins would be appreciated

I know very litttle about digi cams but have always wanted one with a better zoom then 3x

http://www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage...fLoc=searchone

Minolta DiMAGE Z3 4 Megapixel 12x Optical Zoom, Anti-Shake SLR Digital Camera w/ THREE Bonuses

I think if I can find it for under 200.00 then

www.ubid.com/actn/opn/getpage.asp?AuctionId=702095535&refLoc=searchone
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I would probably keep shopping.  Isn't Minolta going out of the camera business??  Last year I got a Canon SD IS1 with a 10x optical zoom (3.4 megapixels) for around $207 delivered from Dell.  The IS2 and the new Fuji 5200(?) are great cameras and they should be falling in price very shortly.  Last year it seemed like the best deals were late Spring.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I would keep shopping too.

Do you have a price range?  

I bought the Canon IS S2 and I took it back.  I did not like it one bit.  I HATED the manual focus.  It was 2 buttons on the side of the camera that you had to take your left hand almost off to use.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
it seemed to have all the features I want and found it for 195.00 shipped.

we'll see when it gets here

honestly my main concern was 12x optical zoom and my g/f is going to pay half since it will be our camera
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice camera, but what about the warranty since KM doesn't make cameras anymore?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:04:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Sony will officially take over all warranty responsibilities for KM cameras in April or May this year, Until then KM is still providing warrantee support.

Also, KM isn't getting out of the camera business completely. They will stop manufacturing cameras under their own name but are holding onto their factories. They will continue to manufacture cameras under contract for other companies. Their camera R&D group are transferring to Sony (there was already a joint camera development agreement between KM & Sony before KM decided to stop selling cameras), but the manufacturing side is staying in KM hands.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:43:23 AM EDT
[#6]
dpreview.com
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sony will officially take over all warranty responsibilities for KM cameras in April or May this year, Until then KM is still providing warrantee support.

Also, KM isn't getting out of the camera business completely. They will stop manufacturing cameras under their own name but are holding onto their factories. They will continue to manufacture cameras under contract for other companies. Their camera R&D group are transferring to Sony (there was already a joint camera development agreement between KM & Sony before KM decided to stop selling cameras), but the manufacturing side is staying in KM hands.

good to know , thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top