Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2004 6:40:49 PM EDT
you and your star wars bullshit................................
went and bought the trilogy last night, watching it today.  hope you're happy
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't watch!

IT'S A TRAP!!!

I bought the trilogy the day it hit the shelves and I damn near busted a gut in ROTJ when Ackbar let forth that line.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Its basically the same as the special edition video tapes but put onto dvd right?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I hear, yes, except for the addition of the Christianson asshole at the end of Jedi, and that Greedo actually shoots at Han first in Hope..

Some things should not be screwed with....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From what I hear, yes, except for the addition of the Christianson asshole at the end of Jedi, and that Greedo actually shoots at Han first in Hope..

That's not Christiansen at the end of Jedi.  That part where Vader (Anakin) joins Yoda And Obi Wan at the end was already there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:56:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not Christiansen at the end of Jedi.  That part where Vader (Anakin) joins Yoda And Obi Wan at the end was already there.

Yeah, but it WASN'T CHRISTIANSON. It was the OTHER (older) guy!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:57:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:04:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Greedo and Han actually seem to shoot at about the same time.  It really only made sense in the original version (Han clearly shooting first) - becuase Greedo's shot in reaction to Han's is all that explains the shot going way off to the upper right.  If nothing had knocked Greedo, his shot would have hit Han.

The Special Edition changes were there, but the most blatant chaznge was the music at the end of Retern of the Jedi - the ending was extended (mnay scenes from other planets added) and entirely new music dubbed in - more classical sounding than Ewok-tribla sounding.

I think adding Christinases at the end was stupid - years living behind the Vader mask could have made him look like what the original scene portrayed.  Obi Wan and Yoda didn't become young versions of themselves, but look like they looked when they died.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:10:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I still need to pick up the DVD trilogy.  I have them on VHS, but it just ain't as easy to play.

Woody
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:12:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Obi Wan and Yoda didn't become young versions of themselves, but look like they looked when they died.

[geek justification] But Yoda and Ben were always good, whereas Anakin had gone to the Dark Side and come back. Since only "good" jedis have that "live beyond death" ability, it makes sense that he would revert to his "good" age in afterlife form. [/ geek justification]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#10]
[jedimindtrick] starwars is not bs and you worship the ground jedi walkapon [jedimindtrick]

Wedge is my 'bro' so back off!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:25:22 AM EDT
[#11]
You mean they didn't even put makeup on Hayden to make him look older?  So he looks like a 20-year-old?  That's just rediculous.  Even Luke was older than that.

Lucas can bite my ass for raping my childhood movies.  Sure, he owns them and can do it if he wants, but to supress the originals is just very bad form.  Hopefully, they'll be back after he dies.  Maybe my laserdiscs can last that long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top