Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 3:49:35 PM EDT
wife doesnt want a zero turn so we are looking at the 3200 series. is anyone familiar with these? i  mow less than 2 acres with several small hills and one large steep one. the one i am looking at is around 6 grand with the 50 inch deck. opinions?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a Deere LT series (i think) for less than 3 grand. I mow 2 acres with it pretty quick. I opted to get a 42 in deck which is plenty.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the john deere LT110. Does fine on my 3/4 acre bermuda. I have no hills though. And can be had for $1599. Buy a John deere and save the other money for hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have the john deere LT110. Does fine on my 3/4 acre bermuda. I have no hills though. And can be had for $1599. Buy a John deere and save the other money for hookers and blow.

based on their prices i would only have enough money left for weed and jacking off.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
anybody know of any good sites for comparing garden tractors?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
gotta be some garden tractor fans here.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the forums here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/index.php

Mostly compact tractors but the have a lawn and garden area also.

If you are only going to be mowing then the 3200 series may be overkill for you. All the lawn care businesses use a nice zero turn for mowing only duty because they really are the best for just mowing. But if you want to use some attachments like a plow blade, snow blower, tiller etc... then that would be a good choice. The 3200 has a nice cast iron rear end and is a true hydro. I also like the swiveling deck wheels and the shaft drive to the deck which means no belts to replace.

Myself when I wear out the Deere I have now and the older cub I use for garden work I want to buy a 3235 or get the 5200 series with a loader.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:55:15 PM EDT
[#7]
i am mainly getting the 3200 for the diff-lock. i just want something that will get the yard mowed and hold up for 15 yrs. if it will run a cultivator well it may get some use for that as well. tractorbytel.com is the only site i have found and, like you said, it is mainly focused on compact tractors. thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have about 2.5 acres to mow.  Got a Simplicity Regent w/bagger.  Hadn an old 80's Ariens.  Test drove a Simplicity Regent, Simplicity Broadmoore (bigger) and two Husqvarna's.  Regent was for me.  You can go at quite a clip  I got the bagger too.  

Heard some bad things about the watered down residential zero turns.  Tend to tear up the lawn.

Check this site out for some good info:  http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/tractor/

Any more questions please feel free to ask.

Here's mine:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top