Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/12/2005 3:49:35 PM EDT
wife doesnt want a zero turn so we are looking at the 3200 series. is anyone familiar with these? i mow less than 2 acres with several small hills and one large steep one. the one i am looking at is around 6 grand with the 50 inch deck. opinions?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:55:17 PM EDT
I got a Deere LT series (i think) for less than 3 grand. I mow 2 acres with it pretty quick. I opted to get a 42 in deck which is plenty.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:05:35 PM EDT
I have the john deere LT110. Does fine on my 3/4 acre bermuda. I have no hills though. And can be had for $1599. Buy a John deere and save the other money for hookers and blow.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:12:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zoe17:
I have the john deere LT110. Does fine on my 3/4 acre bermuda. I have no hills though. And can be had for $1599. Buy a John deere and save the other money for hookers and blow.

based on their prices i would only have enough money left for weed and jacking off.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:08:54 PM EDT
anybody know of any good sites for comparing garden tractors?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:42:53 PM EDT
gotta be some garden tractor fans here.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:50:35 PM EDT
Check out the forums here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/index.php

Mostly compact tractors but the have a lawn and garden area also.

If you are only going to be mowing then the 3200 series may be overkill for you. All the lawn care businesses use a nice zero turn for mowing only duty because they really are the best for just mowing. But if you want to use some attachments like a plow blade, snow blower, tiller etc... then that would be a good choice. The 3200 has a nice cast iron rear end and is a true hydro. I also like the swiveling deck wheels and the shaft drive to the deck which means no belts to replace.

Myself when I wear out the Deere I have now and the older cub I use for garden work I want to buy a 3235 or get the 5200 series with a loader.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:55:15 PM EDT
i am mainly getting the 3200 for the diff-lock. i just want something that will get the yard mowed and hold up for 15 yrs. if it will run a cultivator well it may get some use for that as well. tractorbytel.com is the only site i have found and, like you said, it is mainly focused on compact tractors. thanks anyway.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 5:05:47 PM EDT by senorFrog]
I have about 2.5 acres to mow. Got a Simplicity Regent w/bagger. Hadn an old 80's Ariens. Test drove a Simplicity Regent, Simplicity Broadmoore (bigger) and two Husqvarna's. Regent was for me. You can go at quite a clip I got the bagger too.

Heard some bad things about the watered down residential zero turns. Tend to tear up the lawn.

Check this site out for some good info: http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/tractor/

Any more questions please feel free to ask.

Here's mine:

Top Top