Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2001 8:38:31 AM EDT
Any advantages to them over glasses when shooting or reloading.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't think so. You should still wear safety glasses and what would be gained by that?
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
i wear glasses, i hate contacts. it takes me an hour to get um in. but i wear um for paintball and it makes my game 150% better. even more than 150% like a million % better. for shooting it would be nice so you could wear tinted shooting glasses in the sun. i have astigmatism(spelling) so contacts dont work as good as glasses.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I feel contacts have an advantage, especially when shooting a rifle.
Glasses are made to have the best focus point directly ahead of you, so off-axis viewing suffers a little bit. Contacts move with the eye, so you're always using the whole lens.

You should use safety glasses, also, of course.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, contact lenses afford you more peripheral vision.  Glasses suck.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I ve been wearing contacts for about 5 years pain in the asa at first 2- months.But fine since then.As far as shooting and reloading they are fine for me I also scuba dive with them.I wear them from 5.30 till i go to sleep and at times i forget they are even on.Thought about lasic correction but am skeptical about future side effects,as you are only given one set of eyes.my .02worth
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll go out to the skeet throwers every once in a while and I'd say they most definitely have an advantage there, moving your head with glasses  distorts shapes, as far as like benchrest shooting or some thing I wouldn't think their would be much difference .

I've been wearing contacts for 9 years, I can't stand glasses everything has little glowing yellow tinges around it and when you turn your head it starts all changing shape and melting. But seriously I don't even know I have them on and ususally wear for a week or two straight before taking them out, I actually prefer the disposables they are, it's been rumored the exact same lens as the long term ones from some manufacturers about 10 bucks a pair and I use them for 2 or three months, they'll do it just keep em clean and I do it as I said only every couple of weeks, don't anybody follow my advice though without getting used to them because what I've said goes against all eye doctors. Also if you wear them that long your eyes will become accustomed to oxygen deprivation and will feel real weird if you take them out and not put them back in for a few days.
Link Posted: 4/27/2001 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top