Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/16/2006 7:08:09 AM EST
i would say that my keyboard/mouse setup is pretty ergonomic. i have an adjustable keyboard tray, which allows me to use the mouse with my arm at a 90 degree angle.

which is why it doesn't make sense that my wrist and hand starts hurting really badly immediately after i start using the mouse. it's not just because of overuse, because i've tried avoiding the comp for a few days and it starts up again as soon as I use it again. in addition, i've never had any problems with my home comp, only my school one, even though the setup is pretty much the same.

any suggestions? i ordered a trackball to try out, i think it might be better than the mouse b/c it gives me more flexibility about where to put it (doesn't need a smooth level surface for moving around).
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:11:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By fossil_fuel:
i would say that my keyboard/mouse setup is pretty ergonomic. i have an adjustable keyboard tray, which allows me to use the mouse with my arm at a 90 degree angle.

which is why it doesn't make sense that my wrist and hand starts hurting really badly immediately after i start using the mouse. it's not just because of overuse, because i've tried avoiding the comp for a few days and it starts up again as soon as I use it again. in addition, i've never had any problems with my home comp, only my school one, even though the setup is pretty much the same.

any suggestions? i ordered a trackball to try out they suck!, i think it might be better than the mouse b/c it gives me more flexibility about where to put it (doesn't need a smooth level surface for moving around).

The top of your forearm will get cramped after using a trackball, atleast it does for me
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:41:43 AM EST
PC Keyboard has a $99 one with an integrated pointing stick: http://www.pckeyboard.com/onthestk.html
PC Keyboard stuff is built well overall as well.
The trackball models they have are not so good IMO, in the upper-right corners (too far to reach IMO, and which doesn't help left-handers any).

I have seen a lot of keyboards with integrated touchpads and such, but really nothing that stood out as a particularly great design.
~
Top Top