Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2001 10:06:18 PM EDT
Had to break the cardinal rule and sell... not buy... a gun.  The wife and I going round and round about some of the money I've been spending on "gear" lately.  "But honey, when the militant muslim hordes come over the hill, we've got to be ready.......... blah, blah".  "You buy useless crap like curtains and candles and clothes that aren't cammo - I buy stuff we NEED like 1,000,000,000,000 rounds of 5.56....... blah, blah".  Well, we get to the point where we're (read I'M) really needing to outfit the family in some good waterproof gear and it's NO to the credit card splurging.  I kinda put my money where my mouth was - figured we can only carry so much stuff when we're manuverin' all over the countryside slaughterin' the "evil doers" and dodgin' the cropdusters full o' smallpox - so - i sold one of my LEGP rifles - made $47.  I got to put about 1500 rounds through it and the buyer got a pristine rifle that was proven, had a nice Dremel/felt/rouge trigger job on it, and was set up for the Santose zero (which I explained in depth).  I felt sooo sad.  Told the new owner to take care of her and keep her cleaned and oiled well.  Worst part was that my wife didn't even "feel my pain" - she just wants the credit cards paid off.......

sniff..

Tate
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:10:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#2]
No - if I sold it for $47 there would be a divorce or suicide or homicide - or sumthin' [:D]

Made $47 over the original price of the rifle, detach handle, and sling.

Tate
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:30:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Today marks a week since I got laid off. I've faxed/emailed/mailed about ten resumes already and haven't heard squat yet.

Don't talk about sellin toys, you're scarin' me.

I did replace a water heater for the neighbor and she insisted on givin' me fifty bucks, though. [8)]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:42:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top