Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/7/2010 10:09:13 PM EDT
a little over a year ago a good friend of mine got married to a girl.  He met this girl in the steak n shake he worked at (he dropped out of highschool to hit the job world running).  Married her after about a month. Let me tell you about her. she was 19 (he was 18) and a highschool dropout, no job, and had a kid already, baby-daddy unknown (but guessable).   They did the court house thing and kept it secret from everyone for months, hell he didnt tell his mom for like 9 months. Gets better, they move into the girls mom's uninhabited trailer house.  Soon after my friend, who stopped hanging out or doing anything once he got married, well he stopped going to work.  Fast forward a few months, he works at another restaurant for a lil'bit then quits cause he doesnt like it.  Then! they move back into his mom's house! oh and she is still paying the car payments on his car, which the wifey uses more than he does.  Now the unemployment comes, comes, comes, they suck it dry, got a tax refund greater than the total amount they've made in their lives, but dont worry they both have smart phones to stay connected.  Well yada yada yada, we needed someone to hire, he was available, i face palm. Now he works with me (below) all of 24 hours a week.  Wife still doesnt work, her 9 month excuse being that shes prego, his excuse for never leaving the house or working any more than 24 hours...is that he's gotta take care of their kid, how the mom with no job is never around to take care of her child is beyond me.   Well fast forward to right now.  She just had another kid!  Oh joy now hes a "real" father and can stop calling the other kid "son"  Anyway, i forget where i was going.  Oh right, he works all of 12 hours twice on the weekend, that is their entire income (now that unemployment stopped).  Now let me say, he doesnt work till Saturday at noon...just had the kid tonight.  He wants both his shifts, which are 3 days away, OFF!  He wouldnt work again until the 18th!!!  For all intents and purposes that is a week without being payed.  and btw, the job consists of walking around a deserted lot every 2 hours, thats about it.  But he thinks its reasonable to have those 2 do-nothing shifts off, he also skipped working for holiday pay yesterday.  I dont know why but something about all this really agitates me, i think this is the destruction of america
k rant over
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#1]
....and never learned what a paragraph was.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#2]
ya can't fix stupid...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#4]
i spent my paragraphs up in college
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Your "buddy" is an assclown, but I wouldn't be working for a few days either if I'd just had a kid.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
i understand wanting a little time off, but he gets 3 days off as it is, seems so completely irresponsible to want what little he works, off
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#7]
New friends time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#8]
0/10
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
You will get over him in time....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:18:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I stopped reading at,

"he works at another restaurant for a lil'bit then quits cause he doesnt like it."
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
a little over a year ago a good friend of mine got married to a girl.  He met this girl in the steak n shake he worked at (he dropped out of highschool to hit the job world running).  Married her after about a month. Let me tell you about her. she was 19 (he was 18) and a highschool dropout, no job, and had a kid already, baby-daddy unknown (but guessable).   They did the court house thing and kept it secret from everyone for months, hell he didnt tell his mom for like 9 months. Gets better, they move into the girls mom's uninhabited trailer house.  Soon after my friend, who stopped hanging out or doing anything once he got married, well he stopped going to work.  Fast forward a few months, he works at another restaurant for a lil'bit then quits cause he doesnt like it.  Then! they move back into his mom's house! oh and she is still paying the car payments on his car, which the wifey uses more than he does.  Now the unemployment comes, comes, comes, they suck it dry, got a tax refund greater than the total amount they've made in their lives, but dont worry they both have smart phones to stay connected.  Well yada yada yada, we needed someone to hire, he was available, i face palm. Now he works with me (below) all of 24 hours a week.  Wife still doesnt work, her 9 month excuse being that shes prego, his excuse for never leaving the house or working any more than 24 hours...is that he's gotta take care of their kid, how the mom with no job is never around to take care of her child is beyond me.   Well fast forward to right now.  She just had another kid!  Oh joy now hes a "real" father and can stop calling the other kid "son"  Anyway, i forget where i was going.  Oh right, he works all of 12 hours twice on the weekend, that is their entire income (now that unemployment stopped).  Now let me say, he doesnt work till Saturday at noon...just had the kid tonight.  He wants both his shifts, which are 3 days away, OFF!  He wouldnt work again until the 18th!!!  For all intents and purposes that is a week without being payed.  and btw, the job consists of walking around a deserted lot every 2 hours, thats about it.  But he thinks its reasonable to have those 2 do-nothing shifts off, he also skipped working for holiday pay yesterday.  I dont know why but something about all this really agitates me, i think this is the destruction of america
k rant over

I can't even read that. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:23:58 PM EDT
[#12]
My eyes crossed reading that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Big fan of minding my own fucking business, and paragraphs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:21:40 AM EDT
[#15]
0/10

Unreadable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:09:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

k rant over

He's pussy whipped. Everything you say he's done ass backwards from the description shows he has only one goal in life and it involves 1 of threes holes that she's currently attached to. He's lost all control in his personal life. Thats probably why he doesn't mind laying out of work, cause he's in control of it. Either he works or he doesn't. But when it comes to the chicky he's obsessed. You say she already had a kid right. She's probably got the best pie your bro has ever had. I guarantee you your friend knocked it up so it would be in his life forever. He's not worried about moving up in life and bettering himseflf. SHE has shown him he's acceptable as is..........even rewards him for it.

We all have had friends that have had it go down like this. Only thing you can do is be there for him when she smashes his world into the concrete slab of humiliation that comes from the awakening experience he is guaranteed to go through in the next year.

And don't forget, don't loan him any money.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

First post nailed it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:17:27 AM EDT
[#18]
As far as I know this is the norm for Indiana.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:32:17 AM EDT
[#19]
What a Hoosier.....
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:32:57 AM EDT
[#20]
You'd have more free time if you would stop trying to mind everyone else's business.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:52:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:52:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

k rant over

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:01:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My eyes crossed reading that.

This.

And you need a new friend, otherwise you will end up just like him.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:09:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Big fan of minding my own fucking business, and paragraphs.

This wasn't very helpful to the OP or his friend.  Actually, so far as I can determine, it's only value to the human race was to make me laugh out loud.  Thank you.

Jane

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:21:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Did someone say DO NOT loan him money yet?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:28:42 AM EDT
[#26]
My wife worked up till the week our son was born. She took her maternity leave and went back and now she is swamped and working extra hours away from her 2 month old son and dealing with seperation anxiety because her lazy fat bitch assistant limp dicked her job while my wife was off.

Now, I work 12hrs a day then play Mr. Mom for 4hrs till she gets home just so I can hand the baby off and go to bed. And in my "spare" time still hit my scheduled meetings and other responsibilities.

My wife and I are discussing having another but have to wait so we can organize finances, hopefully buy a house and she can quit to stay home with our children. And then, the money they take from my wife and I's check goes to buying things like weed, beer, and smokes for asshole limp dicked faggots that refuse to work.

Your friends an asshole. I hope he gets food poisoning from the steaks we bought him.

BTW, is his name Clevon, by chance?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:30:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Guy sounds like a loser. Head for open waters my friend.

Also, kudos for using "all intents and purposes" instead of "all intensive purposes" like many do
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:32:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
New friends time.

This
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:40:47 AM EDT
[#29]
If he works too many hours, WIC and Welfare stop. 24hrs probably keeps it flowing...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:45:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Your "buddy" is an assclown, but I wouldn't be working for a few days either if I'd just had a kid.

In-fucking-deed

Ill have to agree with the 'staying below a certain income level' idea too...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:56:07 AM EDT
[#31]
I have NO IDEA what your words are meant to convey, they are arranged so bizarrely.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:56:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Go and knock the cement bricks from under the trailer.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:57:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Gee, all of the fail in that story and most of y'all can't even be bothered to read it because it's not paragraphed nicely?  What a bunch of whiney pansies.  Consider this, it you are too lazy to read 450 words [yes, I am being generous with the term] what does that say about your own mental discipline?  

OP:  Maybe you could have saved your friend before, but it may have slipped into "too late" and that was most likely a lost cause from the start.  sooo, just enjoy the live version of Jerry Springer, and try not to get caught up in any of the inevitable drama...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:02:40 AM EDT
[#34]
You need to associate with a better class of people?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:04:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I stopped reading at,

"he works at another restaurant for a lil'bit then quits cause he doesnt like it."

He used up all his real words in college!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:11:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As far as I know this is the norm for Indiana.

If this is true, then the OP and I must be the only two who actually work in this great state.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#37]
all they need is a drug habit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Sounds like your friend has it figured out. Is he happy? He sounds very prepared for SHTF, as he can survive and thrive on next to nothing.

Hell, if he has more kids than you, Darwin has spoken, and you are the loser.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#39]

zzzzzzzzzzz

Its to early to care much.  Just say GOODBYE.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:46:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Probably is trying to stay below income requirements for something

exactly what I thought
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:50:57 AM EDT
[#41]
I got a good chuckle out of the OP's post.  It was funny as hell.  And unfortunately, that scenario is repeated daily hundreds of thousands of times right here in the good ol' USA.  Its the new completely acceptable lifestyle choice brought to you by the Government and the Democratic Party.

I bet all of you know some people with virtually the same story.  I know I do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:51:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Its not the destruction of America.  There has always been and always will be lazy, ignorant, stupid, crazy, weird people. This is a fact of life and it is indisputable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:52:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Had a buddy in a similar situation.  Pregnant girlfriend, poor, welfare, food stamps, unemployement for long periods of time.  Stupid idiot.  Girl was an idiot too.

Five years later he finally married the girl, he's got a pretty decent job, off welfare, getting ready to buy a house.  Girl isn't crazy anymore, she grew up and so did my buddy.  They even started going to church again.  

It's frustrating as hell but people can turn their lives around after some stumbling when they're young.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#44]
I hear banjos
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Shouldn't that be "Intensive Purposes" ?

Google needs to invent "Google Paragraphs"

If it's any consolation, odds say they'll be divorced soon and she will loot his almost non-existent paycheck for child support and alimony.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm surprised he hasn't asked for the time off under FMLA...
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:03:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Eubonics is a snap compared to reading this item.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Where you at in IN. ? I got 99 problem but a bitch ain't one (or kid), but I do need a job.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:06:28 AM EDT
[#49]
(he dropped out of highschool to hit the job world running).

Into what? A brick wall????? Your buddy smoked a lot of dope, didn't he. All I got to that is one big DURP.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:06:35 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Where you at in IN. ? I got 99 problem but a bitch ain't one (or kid), but I do need a job.

Isn't that line from "Taking a Flem 123"

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top