Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 6:01:35 AM EDT
Am I the only one that says bring it on?

I know people are going to die.  Maybe I am going to die but all my life I have heard about the next “killer thing”.  Asteroid?  Barely missed us.  Hurricane.  Been thru one.  Floods.  Yea they sucked.  Y2K???  terror attacks?  And now a bird flu epidemic.  What is wrong with America?  When did we become a nation of pussies?  Probably when we started crapping indoors.  

I need something to do.  Maybe this is it.  I just wish we could get it on already.  I am young and strong and want to take it on.  Besides sitting in an air conditioned box typing on a computer every day sucks.  

I was reading one of my Fox Fire books late last night and they were talking about how different it was back in the teens and twenties.  How they kept green coffee beans and mama would have to roast them in a pan over a wood stove and hand grind them.  Most things didn’t come from the store and you only went to the store when you “needed” something.  Not when you wanted to “shop”.  I just made me proud to hear them talk about it.  They all said it was different and in some ways a lot better.  Not hard or tough to “survive” but just what you did to get along.  I get a lot of entertainment from those books and a ton of information.  I think they are better than anything on TV and most modern “adventure” books.

Well Easter is in about 3-4 weeks and I will be heading up to my farm to do some of the things I have been reading about.  Maybe we will get the bird flu maybe not.  If we do it will make future generations stronger and if not we will continue on as we have been.  living in fear of the next big "thing".

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Bring it!

This town needs an enema!
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:08:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I would prefer not to have widespread death.........
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:11:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Perspective....

100 people have died from the bird flu in the past 5 years. These were people who unknowingly handled infected birds heavily.

Each year 35,000 people die from the flu.

Fucking media has overblown everything just to make people tune in. I am so fucking sick of it.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:14:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
who lives in fear?

shit happens or it doesn't. nothin i or you can do to stop it if it does.

Right on.......
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't think it could easily be transmitted to humans. I was under the impression that poultry farmers are the ones who have to worry the most about it with regards to losing their livelihood if their birds are affected.

*crawling back under my rock*

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:21:34 AM EDT
[#8]

I enjoy most outdoor activities.  Each time I go into the woods, I try to take fewer items.  Trying to distill down to only what I need.

But I'm honest with myself with regard to AC, I prefer it.  Anyone that thinks life in the teens was better (technology wise) is nuts.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#10]
You seriously need to get a different job.  You sound bored and desperate.  Sitting in an airconditioned box typing is no way for a man to spend his life.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#11]
It's not as if SARS suddenly packed up and went home.  SARS has already shown the ability to infect humans easily and readily. It's just not the current "trendy" DOY (Disease of the Year).  Sooner or later it or a close cousin that easily transfers from human to human will 'be back'.

Bet on it.

Bird Flu. Eeeh.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#12]
when it's my time to go, it's my time to go.

the real question becomes....am I better prepared for survival than the sheeple that surround me if such an event happens?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top