Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2001 8:14:01 PM EDT
i am gonna break in my new colt 6724 this weekend, and i wondered what breakin prcedure is recomended for the stainless barrell. thx
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the same procedure to break in all new weapons. I place the new weapon in place of distinction (beach chair), in front of the fire, as I dance naked around it, my body painted with the blood of it`s first kill.[frag]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I use the same procedure to break in all new weapons. I place the new weapon in place of distinction (beach chair), in front of the fire, as I dance naked around it, my body painted with the blood of it`s first kill.[frag]
View Quote

Sounds reasonable to me.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't forget to eat the liver so he can't go to critter heaven.

Check this link. You don't need to fuss as much with stainless.

[url]www.compasslake.com/kreiger.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Seriously, Frequent,thorough cleaning, every ten rnds, for the first one hundred rounds, has worked for me. Blasters? sometimes they group, sometimes they don`t. All depends on what you want and expect.
Link Posted: 3/1/2001 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Before shooting clean the barrel using lots of solution and let it soak.  Every 10 rds clean the barrel.  I have a new Shilen that requires this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top