Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 7:50:19 AM EDT
yep, unfortunatly the waiting period doesn't even start because of a new CA law that says you have to have proof of residence, So i still have to bring that in

The glocks look good though, luckily some cops don't shoot much

I think I am going to retire my 70 series Colt government for work/ carry/shtf car gun. Just too nice of a gun to take a beating and risk theft or worse police confiscation(plus the 2 lb trigger probably isn't the greatest for self defense)

I do need a good holster for it, any recommendations?

lately I have been just carrying my 1911 inside my belt, OH so comfortable!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#1]
i got a tac-pro from natchez, $23.00, paddle for my 17 . liked it so much i got another for 1911models.W.B.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#2]
That really is Glock's true shining use, a reliable beater gun. I really don't like Glocks at all, but it is reliable, rust proof and simple. They are overpriced IMO, for what they are. I had a G23 and it worked, and out of the 20some handguns I own, that is the one I really wouldn't care if I beat, it's made for that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That really is Glock's true shining use, a reliable beater gun. I really don't like Glocks at all, but it is reliable, rust proof and simple. They are overpriced IMO, for what they are. I had a G23 and it worked, and out of the 20some handguns I own, that is the one I really wouldn't care if I beat, it's made for that.

yeah, thats exactly what I am looking for. IMHO the trigger sucks, but its light, reliable, cheap and ammo is easy to find.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#4]
you can get a 3.5lb trigger connector for it and that gives it a great trigger pull... it's not a 1911 but at least the trigger is constistant- not like say a sig that you need to carry decocked....

fobus makes a good no BS holster if you like a "standard" holster... been carrying with my fobus paddle for a few years and it works pretty well...still need to get a 23 for full time carry though...

-Roth
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

yeah, thats exactly what I am looking for. IMHO the trigger sucks, but its light, reliable, cheap and ammo is easy to find.

Look around on Glocktalk for the glock trigger job. A little polish with a dremel and 3.5# disconnect and you are good to go.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#6]
if I were you i would just leave it stock the triggers aren't too bad when you get use to them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm a huge 1911 fan, and a Sig fan. I have recentlye started playing with another option. The HK USP45f. This gun is starting to make alot of sense to me for a few reasons. First, we can carry it C&L. It gives us the option of carrying Decocked and on safe. Third, it has the construction and corrosion resistance that make the Glock great. Lightweight and reliable, and now that fullcaps will be available now, we get 13 rds of .45acp. The grip circumference is just about the same as the 1911, although the trigger reach in the DA mode is a little much for my taste. I like the gun alot more than I thought I would. The trigger sucks, but can't have everything, mayber the addition of the match trigger would clear that up as well. Funny though, I always seems to work my way back to a 1911 eventually.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I talked a buddy into buying his first pistol earlier this year, and he picked up a new Glock 19.  He really liked it... proceeded to shoot about 800 rounds in one weekend!   Bad thing was, he was shooting better than I was with my CZ.   ARGH!!!

Well, he shot more and more, and now he shoots worse than I do.  SCORE!!  

Anyway, I like the 19, it fits well in my hand, and is light enough.   I considered something like that for carry, but think I'd probably rather go with the 36 so I can get .45ACP.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top