Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:13:16 PM EDT
I have this horrible tendancy to scratch discs. Give it time, and my BF2 discs will be destroyed. So i tried to burn back up copies. NAturally not directly possible. So i use ISObuster. files are 703 mb. CD will only hold 702. So i tried cutting out the language packs to save space. It fit on a disc, but didn't work for BF2.

Any ideas, other than jsut being careful?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:02:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NAM:
I have this horrible tendancy to scratch discs. Give it time, and my BF2 discs will be destroyed. So i tried to burn back up copies. NAturally not directly possible. So i use ISObuster. files are 703 mb. CD will only hold 702. So i tried cutting out the language packs to save space. It fit on a disc, but didn't work for BF2.

Any ideas, other than jsut being careful?

You could try CloneCD to make an image file and use something like Demon Tools to mount the image file as a CD Drive. I've done that before and it worked. I just use the original CD in my actual drive. No need to take it out.

-d
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:01:06 AM EDT
well... my system's about a week old, and only has one cd/dvd drive. I haven't had a chance to add a second drive yet. So, if i need to burn or install anything, the BF2 game comes out. lol... I guess i just have to make sure to put it right in it's case. But even then it still gets scratched sometimes.

Lol....I remember when they had them CD caddies back in the day. If only the extra caddies were cheaper, that would have been a slick idea. keep your important discs in one. Come to think of it, i think i remember seeing modern day clear protective sleeves that can be kept on the discs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:10:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NAM:
well... my system's about a week old, and only has one cd/dvd drive. I haven't had a chance to add a second drive yet. So, if i need to burn or install anything, the BF2 game comes out. lol... I guess i just have to make sure to put it right in it's case. But even then it still gets scratched sometimes.

Lol....I remember when they had them CD caddies back in the day. If only the extra caddies were cheaper, that would have been a slick idea. keep your important discs in one. Come to think of it, i think i remember seeing modern day clear protective sleeves that can be kept on the discs.

So make an image file of it, save that to your hd, then use that software I mentioned, and it can mount that image file as if the cd was really there.

-d
Top Top