Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 1:13:16 PM EDT
I have this horrible tendancy to scratch discs. Give it time, and my BF2 discs will be destroyed. So i tried to burn back up copies. NAturally not directly possible. So i use ISObuster. files are 703 mb. CD will only hold 702. So i tried cutting out the language packs to save space. It fit on a disc, but didn't work for BF2.

Any ideas, other than jsut being careful?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have this horrible tendancy to scratch discs. Give it time, and my BF2 discs will be destroyed. So i tried to burn back up copies. NAturally not directly possible. So i use ISObuster. files are 703 mb. CD will only hold 702. So i tried cutting out the language packs to save space. It fit on a disc, but didn't work for BF2.

Any ideas, other than jsut being careful?

You could try CloneCD to make an image file and use something like Demon Tools to mount the image file as a CD Drive. I've done that before and it worked. I just use the original CD in my actual drive. No need to take it out.

-d
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:01:06 AM EDT
[#2]
well... my system's about a week old, and only has one cd/dvd drive. I haven't had a chance to add a second drive yet. So, if i need to burn or install anything, the BF2 game comes out. lol... I guess i just have to make sure to put it right in it's case. But even then it still gets scratched sometimes.

Lol....I remember when they had them CD caddies back in the day. If only the extra caddies were cheaper, that would have been a slick idea. keep your important discs in one. Come to think of it, i think i remember seeing modern day clear protective sleeves that can be kept on the discs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
well... my system's about a week old, and only has one cd/dvd drive. I haven't had a chance to add a second drive yet. So, if i need to burn or install anything, the BF2 game comes out. lol... I guess i just have to make sure to put it right in it's case. But even then it still gets scratched sometimes.

Lol....I remember when they had them CD caddies back in the day. If only the extra caddies were cheaper, that would have been a slick idea. keep your important discs in one. Come to think of it, i think i remember seeing modern day clear protective sleeves that can be kept on the discs.

So make an image file of it, save that to your hd, then use that software I mentioned, and it can mount that image file as if the cd was really there.

-d
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top