Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2013 12:01:49 PM EDT
I mean ever since the brady law its been necessary and lots of gun owners agree with it.  I personally think the government should have no involvement with firearms purchases.  Really all a background check does is prove someone MIGHT be trust worthy based on their history. All it really stop is non violent felons from getting guns ect. people can change. Isn't this supposed to be a right? People should have their rights restored if they do their time. Why should one have to ask the government while being treated like a criminal to excercise their right? If someone shouldn't have a gun they should be locked away. (or let armed people deal with them with swift justice for their crimes) I'm not a slave and only slaves ask their masters to aquire arms. I prefer face to face sales because that's how free people buy their guns! Are we trapped in the idea that we must have background checks so we can be 'safe?" I mean that law is circumvented so easily anyway... Sure its tolerable but honestly I do not like the government involved and knowing people own a gun.

4473 forms = bad (your address is on it too)

Universal backgrounds are bad too

it can be abused...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Finally a thread where I don't need to post Tard the Grumpy Cat!
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
And the so called 28th Amendment project is dangerous an flawed as well. Thanks I dunno I do not see this issue with the background checks brought up and well not many people disagree with them it seems.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of nutjobs pass Brady checks prior to going apeshit in a major way. It's nothing but an infringement-it doesn't stop a single crime, adds an extra cost to a purchase and creates additional bureaucracy sucking down taxpayer money. Oh, and for the first year or so, if I remember correctly, they were using it to create a defacto registry-something which was specifically prohibited by the Brady act itself.

I'll stick to FTF purchases, thanks. No sales tax, no transfer fee, cheaper, and I always end up meeting and chatting with a fellow shooter, something which is much more enjoyable than listening to some gun shop genius expound on the virtues of birdshot for home defense.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Plenty of nutjobs pass Brady checks prior to going apeshit in a major way. It's nothing but an infringement-it doesn't stop a single crime, adds an extra cost to a purchase and creates additional bureaucracy sucking down taxpayer money. Oh, and for the first year or so, if I remember correctly, they were using it to create a defacto registry-something which was specifically prohibited by the Brady act itself.

I'll stick to FTF purchases, thanks. No sales tax, no transfer fee, cheaper, and I always end up meeting and chatting with a fellow shooter, something which is much more enjoyable than listening to some gun shop genius expound on the virtues of birdshot for home defense.

Yeah man I agree bro.... I lived in California and their shit sucked. Lots of goons on calguns support banning private sales. Why are so many conditioned to accept such an infringement?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#5]
MN requires purchaser of handgun or AR type weapons to have a permit to purchase or CCW permit for FtoF sales.  That or a form may be submitted by the seller to the local Sheriff which is basically a release for a background check.  Anything else is a violation.  There is no requriement for records to be kept afterwards.
Sounds reasonable to me.  Just get permit to purchase or CCW card.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Its silly to get a background check when one owns multiple firearms too. Really we shouldnt even have permits to carry (bear) arms. If its a right why should someone have to ask to excercise it? People just need to responsible and mandating training can lead to abuse too because the government can make it so extream its difficult to pass like olympic shooter accuracy bull or something like that. A background check is intrusive to the buyer in the name of "reason, safety, preventing crime, and doing something." Like I said above it dont prove ill intent its pretty useless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top