Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 10:57:08 PM EDT
Anyone else having trouble with BF2:SF?  I cannot connect to any map.  It tells me my files are modded  and to revert ot the unmodded version.  But my files are not modded!  I am patched to 1.2 on BF2 and did the SF patch after 1.12 like the EA downloader said.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#1]
redownload the latest patch and reinstall the patch.  

all your rank info is stored on EA servers so none of that will be lost  

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:05:09 AM EDT
[#2]
just the last 1.2 patch?  I'll try that tonight.

THe SF 1.12 patch goes on AFTER the 1.12 BF patch and jsut before the 1.12 -> 1.2 incremental patch, right?  THat was what I diod when I clean installed a couple weeks ago.

THe odd thing about the whole deal is tahtI was playing Iron Gator two daya go w/o a problem ont he same server.  Then yesterday it is kicking me as above.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 12:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
That same crap happened to me, and reinstalling the latest patch fixed it.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd get the full patch, just to be sure.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
sounds like a hassle, anyone want to logon as me and play a few so I can get the unlocks?

brassburn, what is your BF2 account name? If you don't have special Forces, I can play your account for one SF game and get you the SF unlocks, depending on what your Global score is.

I'd just have you change your gamespy ID password and play a game on it to unlock SF weapons. Then you would change you GameSpy ID password again, after I got you your SF unlock. It just requires to play one SF game online.

The "brassburn" account I looked up.. only had less than an hour and half of online game play. If that was your account, then you'll have to play more, until you got your first unlock at Lance Corporal (500 Global Points).

I won't play someones account to get a promotion, but I would do them the favor of unlocking the SF Tier 2 weapon unlocks.

BattleField 2 Rank and weapon unlock requirements: click link

I started a third BF2 account. In two nights of playing I got 4 unlocks.

This is my stalking BF2 account. To go after the arseholes and TKers. I'm gonna follow them around from server to server.

If your gonna try to make my online gaming experience a bad one, I can only return the favor. An eye for an eye. I try not to let them get to me and they normally don't, just like giving them a taste of their own medicine.

I had to create an anonymous account, so it wouldn't reflect badly on our clan.

I've only got one jerk on my shit list. I've got him tagged and will soon making his acquaintance online from time to time.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:22:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've been playing as standardtarget until my skills come up.  I'm about to start using the brassburn account this weekend.

ETA: I'm a Lance Corporal with this account, and I'll hit corporal in a very short time.

squad up with us.  we will get you new unlocks in no time.  

we all have the [AR15]  clan id.     all others are wannabe's  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'm planning on it.  I'll get xfire going tonight.  I am going to use standardtarget for now and work up the brassburn account later.  If I want to add the [ar15] tag do I need to register a new account with those characters?  Sorry for the ignorance but I have invested zero time in the interface and controls, I just jumped in and started shooting lol.

On the log on screen for your account, there is a box at the top that says "prefix" or something, put it in there.

-d
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm planning on it.  I'll get xfire going tonight.  I am going to use standardtarget for now and work up the brassburn account later.  If I want to add the [ar15] tag do I need to register a new account with those characters?  Sorry for the ignorance but I have invested zero time in the interface and controls, I just jumped in and started shooting lol.

Enter the clan tag "[AR15]" at the log in screen.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top