Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2011 11:44:47 AM EDT
I have a throbbing tooth upper left molar second to last (wisdom teeth removed 14 years ago).
Massive throbbing from dead dying tooth. need root canal. cannot afford. only a few Vicodin left, can't take any during day driving and what not. i took two aleave and it is throbbing into my eye socket. what else to sooth it beside ice skate and hammer?
ignore grammar cannot see straight.
UPDATE: I fo'd #14 pulled today. It was abscessed but had not spread to the bone yet. Can't feel my lips now so i am dribbling when i try to drink. On antibiotics and 800mg of ibuprofen, plus a vicodin reload if needed.  Feels sooo much better.

Pic of tooth and gauze is , you are forewarned

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Go have it pulled.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#2]
too intense popped a vicodin.....

Starting to feel like:

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Find a dental school who might do it for a reduced rate, or work out a payment plan with your local DDS or DMD.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Fucking insane. up with massive pain.. gonna go to dentist tomorrow and get on antibiotics and more pain killers until i can afford oral surgeon. gotta get one pulled i am sure.

Ice skate and rock starting to look good now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
You will feel ALOT!!!! better after a couple of days of antibiotics. Trust me!

After a 5-7 days go to a local dental school or clinic and have it pulled on the cheap.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't ignore it once you start to feel better after the antibiotics.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
it is fucking killing me two aleave and half a vicodin no relief. gonna take another half vicodin and a cold pack. i heard heat can casue infection to spread.

eta: dipped finger in brandy and rubbed tooth and gum seems to help a little.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:33:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
it is fucking killing me two aleave and half a vicodin no relief. gonna take another half vicodin and a cold pack. i heard heat can casue infection to spread.

I find Ibuprofen to work alot better for me regarding toothaches. How many vics you have left and what kind are they? If you think they are going to hook up some more when you go back to the dentist I wouldnt hesitate about chewing a couple up and washing them down with a fat slug of that brandy and trying to get some rest.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn dude. I hate having any tooth pain that I can't do anything about until the next day. Good luck
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I find Ibuprofen to work alot better for me regarding toothaches. How many vics you have left and what kind are they? If you think they are going to hook up some more when you go back to the dentist I wouldnt hesitate about chewing a couple up and washing them down with a fat slug of that brandy and trying to get some rest.

i don't want to take too many vicodin before sleeping. they can slow breathing and i used to snore so i don't want to risk it.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

i don't want to take too many vicodin before sleeping. they can slow breathing and i used to snore so i don't want to risk it.

I know opiates can slow down ones respitory function but unless your a real small dude eating a a couple of what im assuming are 325 or 500 vics aint gunna kill ya bro lol.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
just got through using tooth picks broken long way to make em skinny to poke the gum by the tooth with the dark spot. result. it bled out nicely however no puss or anything else nasty. so i am assuming that it is under the root somewhere. the blood flow did ease the pain i guess since i stimulated the gums. probably a dumb idea. now onto a 4 shot rum and coke. paging dr darwin, paging dr darwin,
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:59:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't get to carried away on the pain killers and the booze, might just go to sleep and not wake up!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:07:40 AM EDT
[#15]
something is starting to work. i am no longer moaning or yelping like a stuck dog.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:48:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I Fo'd to oral surgeon this morning. Update in OP.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I was happy as a puppy with two peckers when I had mine pulled.  And it wasn't from the drugs.  They were growing at a 45 degree angle outward and making holes in my cheeks.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:52:56 AM EDT
[#18]
looks like a dog tooth
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:56:58 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

looks like a dog tooth

drilled it into 3 sections to pull it. 3 root molar. crown collapsed upon yanking. ricochetd in my mouth. that woke me up.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Whew, reminds me of the gauze when I got my wisdom teeth yanked a few months ago.

I came out of anesthesia and told my wife that they had an extremely well-trained dinosaur in the corner.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:12:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whew, reminds me of the gauze when I got my wisdom teeth yanked a few months ago.

I came out of anesthesia and told my wife that they had an extremely well-trained dinosaur in the corner.

Apparently I just wanted to giggle and tell my family all about why I thought our dog was the smartest guy I knew.

Then I slept for 36 hours and bled through a pillow.

I get loopy as hell when coming out of it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:16:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:20:31 AM EDT
[#24]
i woke up during my wisdom teeth removal. I still dont understand why the dr's knee was on my chest and his zipper was down though

I am on a soft food diet right now, and i found an apricot cheesecake in the fridge.. looks like lunch!

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My wife said I was arguing with the nurse that I didn't need a prescription for Phenergan to go along with the Percocet since I was positive that I wasn't pregnant and didn't have morning sickness.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

i woke up during my wisdom teeth removal. I still dont understand why the dr's knee was on my chest and his zipper was down though

I am on a soft food diet right now, and i found an apricot cheesecake in the fridge.. looks like lunch!  

Did you dream of eating a pack of sausages while you slept...

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

it was a nightmare

Mouth still bleeding today, time for tea bag and ice.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#28]
You could have had it removed in India for $3
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

And then you could have brought me some chicken tikka masala and naan!  You selfish ass!
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:37:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it was a nightmare

Damn, doc has you hooked now eh?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then you could have brought me some chicken tikka masala and naan!  You selfish ass!

Thanks dude, now I'm hungry for some fucking naan bread
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:40:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it was a nightmare

Damn, doc has you hooked now eh?

lol
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#33]
So is hot or cold better?
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Always cold for swelling I thought?

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apparently I just wanted to giggle and tell my family all about why I thought our dog was the smartest guy I knew.

winning
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get loopy as hell when coming out of it.

I woke up during the surgery.  The surgeon was using some sort of impact hammer (looks like a chisel with a sliding weight they whack whack whack against your tooth).

Apparently I woke up and raised an eyebrow at the doc.

Doc "Hey Samantha?  Our patient seems a touch concerned."

Sam (gas passer) "Oops!" (Sam pushes the plunger hooked up to what looks like milk in my arm in a bit further)

Slavac "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Whatever the hell that stuff is, it's amazing.

Propofol.  Great stuff.  Killed Micheal Jackson.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Cold then hot, Cold for the first 48hrs then heat. Don't be afraid of the Motrin, just stay below 3200 mg and your GTG.

Also follow your dentists post extraction instructions. Don't blow your nose, if you have to sneeze open your mouth. No hot liquids, carbonated beverages, sucking or spitting. If the pain starts to return after about 3-4 days go back and see your dentist.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:20:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cold then hot, Cold for the first 48hrs then heat. Don't be afraid of the Motrin, just stay below 3200 mg and your GTG.

Also follow your dentists post extraction instructions. Don't blow your nose, if you have to sneeze open your mouth. No hot liquids, carbonated beverages, sucking or spitting. If the pain starts to return after about 3-4 days go back and see your dentist.

oops...

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:58:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Dry Socket sucks
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I have a throbbing tooth upper left molar second to last (wisdom teeth removed 14 years ago).

Massive throbbing from dead dying tooth. need root canal. cannot afford. only a few Vicodin left, can't take any during day driving and what not. i took two aleave and it is throbbing into my eye socket. what else to sooth it beside ice skate and hammer?

ignore grammar cannot see straight.

UPDATE: I fo'd #14 pulled today. It was abscessed but had not spread to the bone yet. Can't feel my lips now so i am dribbling when i try to drink. On antibiotics and 800mg of ibuprofen, plus a vicodin reload if needed.  Feels sooo much better.
Pic of tooth and gauze is , you are forewarned

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-XE_j66lSdOI/TkQUpA-x_TI/AAAAAAAAABE/yBMhGQGukcE/s800/CIMG2064.JPG

Dang Dude!!  Glad you're OK now...
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#42]
When i woke up this morning, my mouth felt funny.. Pillow and sheets were bloody. went to the bathroom my lips and teeth were covered in dried blood. I should have taken a pic but was a afraid of it being cross posted in the zombie section.
Top Top