Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 8:51:19 AM EDT
I have actually seen some pics of military guys carrying them, they always look fragile to me. But i do like the idea of 90 rounds!

so do they hold up if you are gentle to them?

Would they be good if you were in a defense with limited movement?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#1]
they're good for separating you from your money

they're good for making your loaded rifle break your back

they're good for burning up your barrel if you empty them as fast as you can

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#2]
If they were $75.  I'd get one for kicks.  But I am not spending as much money as the suckers are going for when 30 rounders are:
pretty cheap
More durable
Require less maintenance
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:54:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Beta mags hold 100, not 90.

They are alot of fun, it's good enough for me.   I like mine but wouldnt use it on a defensive gun due to it's weight and it rattles.    It is also pretty reliable but not 100% reliable.   I'll stick to USGI 30s for anything serious but as a range toy the beta is the next best thing to belt fed.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If they were $75.  I'd get one for kicks.  But I am not spending as much money as the suckers are going for when 30 rounders are:
pretty cheap
More durable
Require less maintenance

+1
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#5]
They are the bomb and you cannot survive combat without one in your gun
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:03:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...Would they be good if you were in a defense with limited movement?

Can Ted Kennedy swim? Is he gunshy? Did his mother own a black dress?

Mine are stone-cold reliable. They don't hit the ground when you shoot in a low-prone position, or off a bench like thirty-rounders do. I can spend a whole afternoon at the range without reloading. If a post-Katrina-type thing ever happens around here, a Beta-mag with ninety rounds of M193 and ten tracers (so I know when it's time to either reload or run ) will be inserted in my AR and sitting on my coffee table while I kick back with a kerosene lamp and a good book.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Ask the military about their experience with them in Afghanistan during the brief war there.

They're fine for range use, toys, possibly for swat.  Military use?  No way I'd ever use one.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd like to have one, but I wouldn't be able to afford using it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#10]

they are neat, but what's the price tag on one?

i just bought *10* 30 round teflon coated mags from bravo co. for a little under 9 bucks each.

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They are DA BOMB in FA guns. Nothing like a 100 round Beta mag dump...

Otherwise, 30's are fine.

Ditto.
Emptying a Beta in a semi gets sort of tedious.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#12]
They are great at reducing your mag changes by 3.3
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#14]
BBQ guns, bling bling factor, make a great prop for photos, and they look so Fn cool......I never hear, Hey that 30 round mag look bitchen so there you have it, MANY reasons to have a Beta

resale value during a ban, I remember when they sold for 500 plus... I really need to get one soon  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm ready for a short break after 30 rounds....a second or two anyway.

I want a Beta but I haven't been able to justify the $ and I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA.....so i'll have to dig a tunnel between AZ and CA before Feinstein declares it illegal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top